dude22 is offline New Member

Steroid Testing Question

I get random drug tests. There is some speculation as to whether AAS are included in the test. I am unfamiliar with steroid testing, and I do not understand the testing process. In example, Marijuana is simple enough to understand. If your THC levels are over a specific number, then you will come up dirty. AAS is not as straight forward for my laymen testing procedure understanding. There are a variety of substances, and even legal Prohormones that can all make you dirty...

Well, my question is: if I can take a legal Prohormone and pass the test, does that mean they do not test for AAS? Or are there different levels of AAS testing? Like a comprehensive test would look for a variety of substances and go the length, and another test would just look at baseline Testosterone levels and not really test for everything under the sun. I know someone else who is subject to the same testing procedure and was taking a Prohormone and tested clean.... Does this mean I can run Testosterone and come up clean??

And there is a reason I don't want to inquire about testing procedures directly from the tester.... I might go that route but that will be the last option.. And I am aware that AAS testing is not typically included in most "drug" tests, lets just assume that it is believable that AAS might be included in the test.

Thank you far in advance, any info would be greatly appreciated..

Anyone knowledgable??

4linked is offline Associate Member
    Is it for a job. No one will drug test for aas at at a normal job

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    I'm in the contracting field. I know some companies screen for steroid use but I do not know if they use the test/epitest ratio or if they look for specific compounds via metabolites. Making an inquiry would be almost an admission of guilt.

In your case, if you know they test for steroids , and your friend tested negative while taking PH's, it's still a bit of a leap in logic to think that you'd be ok taking testosterone .

For future reference, testosterone suspension is only detectible for 1-3 days.

AlphaMike is offline Productive Member
    Also, and this just a rumor, I have read that some of those PH's will cause you to fail some steroid screenings. It's a rumor really but it's better to err on the side of caution when one's livelihood(and possible reputation) is at stake.

Thanks mike.... It is a tough one, and the answer is obtainable, but as you stated it would be incriminating for me to simply ask the question. I am not sure they test for AAS, there is speculation on both ends... If a guy using PH can pass I believe that the test might not include AAS, because like you said they can cause a dirty test..

roadglide83 is offline Junior Member
    Not sure if this matters or not but I am in charge of drug testing at my work and we strictly test for rec. drugs. In fact I have never heard of anyone testing for aas but I could be wrong.

gymfu is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've never heard of regular jobs testing for AAS, just rec drugs.

Now some police departments, fire departments, government agency's test for it.

Well I am going to run Methylstebolone.... Like I said not sure if they test for AAS, but if they do it would give me a dirty test. If I come back dirty on my test, I have legal excuse. I don't think there is much they can say seeing as I bought it at a supplement store OTC. And if my test does not come back dirty then I can most likely assume they are not looking for AAS.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I highly doubt there looking for aas. It's expensive to test for it. Even a blood test and you come back with high test doesn't prove your on aas. You could be taking lots of otc stuff.That's exactly what i say to my doc. And I name a few .

M-3
    M-3 is offline Junior Member
    Diference in price between a rec drug test and a full panel is like 250 bucks! Full panel costs about 300 to 350 bucks a standard rec drug test cost about 15 to 50 bucks! In my o there spending the lesser of the two and more often than not the employer is spending the money on someone who hasnt made there company a dime yet!

Edit

Edit

Thread Information