Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ANIMAL
  • 1 Post By t5contra

Thread: In desperate need of advice about gyno

t5contra is offline New Member

In desperate need of advice about gyno

Hey guys,

I just want to say that I know nothing about gear, I am as clueless as clueless come so please forgive me for my ignorance ahead of time. I tried researching this issue on my own but cant come to anything conclusive.

I am 25yo and have a mild case of gyno. Long story short I got injured when I was in the military when I was 21 and got honorably discharged. Shortly after I have been drinking heavily for years. I believe this has caused my gyno. Now its just ruining my life. I am embarassed to go out or to live my life in general.

From the reading that I have done I heard of letro curing the problem for many. I just want to know how to take it, how much and for how long? Should I take it with anything else?

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    You won't have gyno from drinking it will just be fat gyno starts as a little hard lump behind the nipple then grows from there. It is e2 related have you got a hard lump or just soft fat like tits?.

well I was told that alcohol lowers testesterone and increases estrogen. I went from 160 to 250 (fat and stalky) in a matter of year just by dirty bulking. Then after I got hurt and couldnt train the weight came off and somewhere along the line I got tits. I tried losing weight, gaining muscle and it makes no difference. I sort of gave up on training alltogether. I am at 215 now.

It doesnt show all too well in picturs but you can see. I got puffy/sensitive nipples and its like a layer of hard fat going from the nipple to under the arm pit. Check out the pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In desperate need of advice about gyno-20140331_152929_resized.jpg   In desperate need of advice about gyno-20140331_153021_resized.jpg   In desperate need of advice about gyno-20140331_153143_resized.jpg   In desperate need of advice about gyno-20140331_153215_resized_1.jpg  

Alcohol does lower T to some degree but i've never seen alky's with gyno there usually just very thin and ill looking. I see what you mean though but i still think it's just fat mate. Have you had any bloods done to see how your hormones are or are you planning on doing so ?.
    Last edited by clarky.; 04-01-2014 at 01:18 PM.

I am 215 now but Ive dropped weight down to 180 and still made no difference. I gotten thinner everywhere else but the moobs are still there. So would letro do anything in my case?

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I think its where you are storing your fat. Everyone stores it at different places. Have you put in for military disability? Have you gone to see a shrink about your problems or talked to someone that deals with alcohol abuse? Sounds like its time to stop drinking, start eating correctly and get back in shape. I know its hard. When I got out I was a heavy drinker but stopped before it became a problem. Stay away from any gear before you get your life back in order. At your BF % you can mess yourself up worse.

Go see a doctor and get blood work done. VA has lots of programs for vets in need of help. Thanks for your service.
    Last edited by David LoPan; 04-01-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: BP TO BF

At your BP % you can mess yourself up worse.

Can you elaborate on this further? what bf do you think I am to begin with?

I dont abuse alcohol anymore. I dont drink any more often then an average person, maybe once a week. My diet is clean when I eat at home but I do tend to eat out due to my work.

Quote Originally Posted by t5contra View Post
    I am 215 now but Ive dropped weight down to 180 and still made no difference. I gotten thinner everywhere else but the moobs are still there. So would letro do anything in my case?
    No don't use letro it is very strong and will make you fell like pure shit have a read at this link mate it will help with info

Stop Using Aromatase Inhibitors to Reverse gynecomastia! SERM's Only!

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    With all of the things it could be and the numerous possible causes of each; its probably best to see a doctor before guessing and self-medicating. It would suck to be wrong and make it worse. Good luck.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    I think its where you are storing your fat. Everyone stores it at different places. Have you put in for military disability? Have you gone to see a shrink about your problems or talked to someone that deals with alcohol abuse? Sounds like its time to stop drinking, start eating correctly and get back in shape. I know its hard. When I got out I was a heavy drinker but stopped before it became a problem. Stay away from any gear before you get your life back in order. At your BF % you can mess yourself up worse.

Go see a doctor and get blood work done. VA has lots of programs for vets in need of help. Thanks for your service.
    I would go to the doc as my first choice. If you are adamant about doing it yourself I would at least get down to 15% BF or so first. Tahl is right, everyone stores fat slightly different depending on their biology. In men, torso fat is usually the last to go. So usually the fat there won't change much until you have lost most of everything else. I think that is the safest decision before risking drugs to fix gyno that we aren't certain exists.

here is a picture of me from about 6 months ago with lower body fat. I still had the same issue. You would have to zoom in on the picture to see it but the point I am trying to make is that no matter the body fat, I still have it.

Ill take your guys advice and go get the blood work done before anything. I am still doing research
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In desperate need of advice about gyno-img_0040.jpg  
    Last edited by t5contra; 04-01-2014 at 03:41 PM.

ANIMAL is offline Associate Member
    In that last picture it still looks as though you're holding onto a lot of fat with very little muscle development. Don't just jump to drugs because you're frustrated. It takes time. I'd look into the diet section and get a better routine going.

I'd also get blood work done like everyone else suggested.
    RangerDanger830 likes this.

Ok, I took your guys advice and scheduled an appointment for this Friday to do a general check up along with blood work. Reading up on the symptoms of hormonal imbalance symptoms I pretty much fit into every category so I wouldn't be surprised. I certainly appreciate all of your responses and honesty. Ill follow up w you guys once I get some results.

What would you guess my BF to be right now (first pictures)?
    clarky. likes this.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Good for you Contra! Your doing the right thing. Just a guess but I would say 30%

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I am going to be a little more optimistic and say 25%.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	body-fat-percentage-men.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	149642

X2 25%

Guys, update. My blood/ urine results came back and everything is within range except my test levels and cholesterol as follows:

Cholessterol, Total 212 (100-199 normal range)

Testosterone , Free and Total 361 ng/dl ( 348-1197 normal range)
    Free Testosterone (Direct) 6.9 pg/ml ( 9-3-26.5 normal range)

I was expecting high cholesterol because my diet is shit right now consisting of restaurant food and alcohol , I am planning on fixing this.

My testosterone is within "normal" but on a very bottom of the spec, I was prescrived Axiron Gel 60mg. My insurance covered everything and I got 5 refills but I am due for another bloodwork test next month. I will be put on injections if I have no/minor improvements. What should I expect after applying the gel and how soon?

luciuswillson is offline Junior Member
    When I first got diagnosed with LT I was given Androgel and it worked pretty good. I got my test up to about 850sh but after a job switch my insurance would not cover it. I went off for a year until i got new insurance and then the gel would not work as well had it had perviously. Now I am injecting subq M/TR .5ml 100mg and my levels are around 950sh. I like the subq injections best because with the gel I felt like I needed to take a shower in the morning when I would much rather take them before I got to bed. I was also a little scared of transferring the gel to my wife and two kids who were 5 and 2 at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by luciuswillson View Post
    When I first got diagnosed with LT I was given Androgel and it worked pretty good. I got my test up to about 850sh but after a job switch my insurance would not cover it. I went off for a year until i got new insurance and then the gel would not work as well had it had perviously. Now I am injecting subq M/TR .5ml 100mg and my levels are around 950sh. I like the subq injections best because with the gel I felt like I needed to take a shower in the morning when I would much rather take them before I got to bed. I was also a little scared of transferring the gel to my wife and two kids who were 5 and 2 at the time.
    What was your initial level and how long did it take you to get to 950 ? How did you feel before and after? No kids here, just a girlfriend and an annoying cat. Would be awesome to see a cat thats all swole, kidding.

My insurance covered all the doctor visits. I paid $15 out of pocket for doing the blood work at the doctor's office rather then being referred. Gel cost me nothing for the 1 month and it will be $25 co-pay there after, some savings card that my doc just gave me. She also referred me to see an endo but the first available appointment is in early May, some are booked until August here in Miami. I guess I will take this time to balance out my diet and slim down like everyone suggested. Pharmacy told me that the gel runs like $500 a tube without insurance although insurance only covers 20% and the free savings card takes care of the rest,

Sucks that my test levels are so low at 25, come to think about it Ive been feeling this way since high school, maybe it just genetics. I wish I would have taken care of this earlier. Is this something that goes back to normal over time or am I pretty much stuck rubbing/sticking myself for the rest of my life?
    Last edited by t5contra; 04-09-2014 at 06:57 PM.

luciuswillson is offline Junior Member
    When I first started with the gel I was in the low 300's. It took about 6 months and my levels got up to about 850sh. When I just got switched to the subq 2x per week protocol I was 150 when I started and 3 months later I am at 950sh. Like I said I like the injections better but the gel worked good also. I just hated geeing up earlier to take a shower when I could take a shower at night. I will say it was easier to miss days with the gel because you have to put it on every day.

DontTaseMeBro is offline Member
    Good to hear that you went to the doctor and got tested. Knowing what's going on is a lot better than guessing. Hopefully the HRT will help resolve the issues that were bothering you. Try going to the nutrition forum for some suggestions on addressing that cholesterol. Best wishes.

Hey guys
    Update. After a month on axiron my test went from 361 to 1084. It literally went up 3 times. How is this possible? Reading from other people results they average out about 100 increase a month. My doctor didnt really give me an answer other then thinking it jump started my natural test. Anyone have any input on this? Sorry to bump an old thread

Unrealone is offline Junior Member
    any chance you were overusing the heck out of the axiron? putting it on way too much? that would be quite a natural test jump...

what did the dr. say when you mentioned you though you had gyno? even in that last pic, at lower bf%, you were still 20% or more... was this diagnosed as just stored fat?

I was using as prescribed. 2 pumps a day. I havent had a chance to see an endo. Its like a 3 month wait here in miami. Im betting it is just fat

Thread Information