Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tango02

Thread: Red Rash After 1st Ever Pinning - Normal for virgin muscles or infected?

BigBernese is offline New Member

Exclamation Red Rash After 1st Ever Pinning - Normal for virgin muscles or infected?

Hey guys,

I pinned for the first time ever on Thursday (3 days ago) and I got a rash around the injection site. It has slowly gotten a bit bigger from the day I saw it - probably started the size of an orange and now is the size of a melon.

It isn't itchy but is hot to touch. Is this normal?
    I've got some powerful antibiotics but not sure if I should use them or not.

Tomorrow is also supposed to be my second injection day but this has me worried.
    I have three vials of Test, should I try to use a new vial and see if it makes a difference?

Thanks for the help!
    BB

EDIT - Shooting 250mg TestE twice weekly.
    Wanted to add also that I read everywhere that the oil is very thick for people, mine seems to be not thick at all, would this indicate anything about the gear (fake, bad batch...etc.)?
    Last edited by BigBernese; 06-15-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you have a fever? If you do you will need the antibiotics which I recomend being prescribed by a doctor. Please dont mess around with antibiotics.

Have you pinned with the whole (minimum recomended is 1.25 inches) needle in?

if pinned correctly most likely you are allergic to one of the ingredients, probably the type of oil used in the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Do you have a fever? If you do you will need the antibiotics which I recomend being prescribed by a doctor. Please dont mess around with antibiotics.

Have you pinned with the whole (minimum recomended is 1.25 inches) needle in?

if pinned correctly most likely you are allergic to one of the ingredients, probably the type of oil used in the test.

Thanks for the help, I pinned with a 1" needle in my vastus lateralis. Everything was very sterile.
    No fever, I feel good.

I got the antibiotics from my doc, he said it could be cellulitis or it could just be inflammation from where I got pinned. He said he wouldn't be able to tell if it was cellulitis 100% unless he took a bacterial culture swab.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    1" needle is good for quad pinning

Took the antibiotics as per the docs orders and it seems quite a bit better today.

My question is - Do I continue with the same vial or switch vials? Or do I drop it all together, all the vials are from the same lot#

tango02 is offline Associate Member
    Haven't I already answered this question in another thread you started about the exact same thing??

And a 1inch pin isn't always good for quads. I cant pin my quads with a 1 inch pin or I get this same type of reaction. Switch to 1.5inch and you will most likely see this "rash" go away.
    RigPig likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tango02 View Post
    Haven't I already answered this question in another thread you started about the exact same thing??

And a 1inch pin isn't always good for quads. I cant pin my quads with a 1 inch pin or I get this same type of reaction. Switch to 1.5inch and you will most likely see this "rash" go away.
    Not trying to dismiss your idea. I actually went to my pharmacy and looked for 1.5" today.
    All they had were insulin syringes and 25g 1".

Just wanted some other people's opinion to see if the same has happened to them - doc said it's most likely cellulitis but doesn't know 100%.

Injected into the VG site this time. We will see what happens.

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    First Cycle/First Pin - Thanks to this forum! Few questions for the experts...

Same thing new thread.

If you cant find a 1.5" pin, go to another place and ask again. I had to visit abour 4-5 places to find the proper pins I needed.
    Last edited by RigPig; 06-16-2014 at 11:39 AM.

My bad. I'll keep everything on my cycle in that one thread from now on.

tango02 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to Ar-r.com!

They will have all the equipment you need. And it helps out this site.

Thread Information