Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haydenz

Thread: How much fat should you consume together with your AI?

Iron Mind is offline Junior Member

How much fat should you consume together with your AI?

Hi all,

I've come across the phenomenon that one should consume "some fat" with your AI (e.g Aromasin ) to increase the oral absorption by like 40% compared to taking your AI with no fat.

But my problem is the statement:"Some fat".
    Does anyone know how much gram of fat you would need to get this benefit or is it just to make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach and your normal meal with maybe an extra tablespoon of olive oil would be enough? Are we talking about 2-5g fat or like 20-30g along with the AI?

Any suggestions on this topic?

Thanks all for your time.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mind View Post
    Hi all,

I've come across the phenomenon that one should consume "some fat" with your AI (e.g Aromasin ) to increase the oral absorption by like 40% compared to taking your AI with no fat.

Does anyone know how much gram of fat you would need to get this benefit or is it just to make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach and your normal meal with maybe an extra tablespoon of olive oil would be enough? Are we talking about 2-5g fat or like 20-30g along with the AI?

I believe that's only for aromasin not all AIs but just a couple grams of fat is plenty. Take with a mixed meal and you'll be fine.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mind View Post
    Hi all,

IronMind... I always take it w/my omega 3 fish oil in am a long w/a sm shake some fruit, some oats/bagel, eggs(sometimes I'll hold off on the egg whites/beaters until after my workout(all depends) but try taking it w/some fish oil(triple strength) & I don't know if you lift fasted or not(I need a lil something in my stomach for the vitamins sake on my stomach, too... I take like 2-3 x a day for joints as well... Just my .02...

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Try not to overthink it. I have one serving of fat with my aromasin Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    I believe that's only for aromasin not all AIs but just a couple grams of fat is plenty. Take with a mixed meal and you'll be fine.
    Yeah alright, normal dose would be 12,5-25mg on Aromasin then. So a few grams would do the trick then probably, but wanted to check the info from you guys with more knowledge and experience.

Thanks, man. A mixed meal + AI it is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Try not to overthink it. I have one serving of fat with my aromasin Ed
    Hehe, I like to cover as much as possibile before I would join the "dark side" :P. How much does one serving of fat contain?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    IronMind... I always take it w/my omega 3 fish oil in am a long w/a sm shake some fruit, some oats/bagel, eggs(sometimes I'll hold off on the egg whites/beaters until after my workout(all depends) but try taking it w/some fish oil(triple strength) & I don't know if you lift fasted or not(I need a lil something in my stomach for the vitamins sake on my stomach, too... I take like 2-3 x a day for joints as well... Just my .02...
    Alright so you're also taking it with only like a 5grams of fat when you dont have the egss with it?

Thanks all for your response, cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mind
    Yeah alright, normal dose would be 12,5-25mg on Aromasin then. So a few grams would do the trick then probably, but wanted to check the info from you guys with more knowledge and experience. Thanks, man. A mixed meal + AI it is then. Hehe, I like to cover as much as possibile before I would join the "dark side" :P. How much does one serving of fat contain? Alright so you're also taking it with only like a 5grams of fat when you dont have the egss with it? Thanks all for your response, cheers.
    just read the nutritional facts for whatever you are eating and it will be listed. It really depends on what you are eating

Haydenz is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    I always have fat with my tabs it's just a peace of
    Mind thing,

1arge teaspoon of peanut butter works well
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Haydenz View Post
    Mind thing,

Interesting Haydenz... Last night actually I picked up my container of peanut butter and said "why don't I use a tablespoon of peanut butter w/my AI, on my up coming cycle" I like it... As I stated depending on my goals sometimes I eat my eggs b4 or after(or both if bulking)in AM as I usually hit the gym at 4-5 am!
    Thanks for the simplicity Haydenz/& Bio!

You really do not need to worry about it with arimidex only with aromasin

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Just looked that up.... Thx Bio!

Quote Originally Posted by Haydenz View Post
    Mind thing,

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Interesting Haydenz... Last night actually I picked up my container of peanut butter and said "why don't I use a tablespoon of peanut butter w/my AI, on my up coming cycle" I like it... As I stated depending on my goals sometimes I eat my eggs b4 or after(or both if bulking)in AM as I usually hit the gym at 4-5 am!
    Thanks for the simplicity Haydenz/& Bio!
    Alright a mixed meal or a table spoon of olive oil, peanut butter it is for Aromasin .

No need for fats with Arimidex or Letro.

Got it. Thanks all!

Thread Information