uberkush77 is offline New Member

hard lump and pain at injection site after 3 days

I did my first injection of Test C Wednesday night, it is now Saturday morning. The actual injection went very smooth, actually had my wife do it and she is a nurse, everything was sterile and did not hurt at all. Went in my left glute in a great location. She injected pretty slow, took approx 20-30 seconds to inject 2ml, I frontloaded so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it but the next day (Thursday morning), the site was pretty painful and there is a hard lump that has been continually getting a little more painful each day, not a lot but it seems a little more sore this morning (Saturday). It is not warm to touch, or red but it is hard and painful. Is this normal? I have read up so much on this and get conflicting opinions! This was my first injection ever and the gear is somewhat local from underground lab I believe. If the gear is fake could that cause problems? I don't believe it is but just exploring options and paranoid! I have also been icing for last 24 hours. Good/bad? PLEASE HELP

ecruz is offline Member
    try a heating pad, it seems like its virgin tissue and its prety normal to have a slight lump even a bit of "hot to touch" injection area. im not saying all is ok so just keep an eye on it, if it gets worse or you get a fever go see a DR. but imho it sounds like the normal symptoms of coming to the dark side.. enjoy the next X amount of weeks, trust me its worth it . next time try and warm up the gear in the pin under some warm water and make sure your using the right size pins which should be right around 21-23g. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by ecruz View Post
    try a heating pad, it seems like its virgin tissue and its prety normal to have a slight lump even a bit of "hot to touch" injection area. im not saying all is ok so just keep an eye on it, if it gets worse or you get a fever go see a DR. but imho it sounds like the normal symptoms of coming to the dark side.. enjoy the next X amount of weeks, trust me its worth it . next time try and warm up the gear in the pin under some warm water and make sure your using the right size pins which should be right around 21-23g. hope this helps
    Ya ecruz, actually that helps a lot, makes me feel quite a bit better. I appreciate the advice. I am using 23 g/ 1". I will try warming it up, just load the pin and then run under hot water for a minute or so?

Cody95 is offline Member
    Same thing happened to my Delt except i could not move my arm for hours till i went to bed, 2 days later it still hurts if i touch it. Just keep using the heating pad, it helps a'lot. Also heat your gear before use. I read if you massage the area for 5 minutes or so right after the injection it will keep it from hurting real bad.

ecruz is offline Member
    yeah run it under "warm" water, its to get the oils warm and more viscous. it helps to prevent a big lump and allows the body to assimilate..

Cody95 is offline Member
    Another thing those muscles you're injecting into will get used to it after about 4-5 shots, my quads did. Also make sure you don't inject in the same place often like switch from your glutes to delts to quads and rotate. Don't make the mistake i did.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    You have probs just nicked a nerve this has happend to me before it took about 1wk to go away

It is starting to look a little red now and is definitely hot to touch but I dont have a fever... is this common? I definitely dont think I hit a nerve and my wife injected it plenty into the muscle a believe but I am freakin out!!

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    relax your fine take couple aspirin use the heating pad and stop thinking about all normal stuff we went thru with our first few pins- one other thing is after oil is injected let pin sit there 10 or so seconds let oil settle in.

Cody95 is offline Member
    Man don't worry about it my quad still hurts on touch from the same thing about 4-5 days ago, and my shoulder from 2 days ago, and today i'm going to do the other shoulder, so you just have to suck it up and tell yourself you'll be fine. Because honestly you won't die from it. Do what i said above ^ about the massaging and heating your gear.

if you get a fever go to walk in or doctors and tell them you got bite by a bug spider or something.

Cody95 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    if you get a fever go to walk in or doctors and tell them you got bite by a bug spider or something.
    Lol. ^

Quote Originally Posted by Cody95 View Post
    Lol. ^
    It is best not to tell your doctor what is from- it will go on permeant record and cause all types of future medical bullshit.

What about ice? My buddy keeps telling me heat will be bad and that I need to put ice on it??

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Ok what exactly have you got now ? because if it is swollen red and hot to the touch that will be a infection

platestacker is offline New Member
    Your needle gauge is good but 1" is to short for your glute unless you are a starving anorexic person. Seriously use an 1 1/2" your wife, if she is a nurse should have known better. The fluid my have gotten trapped in some fatty tissue and has irritated the site. Try heat as the others have said. Also try some light stretching and brisk walking. Let us know how it goes.

mauz is offline Associate Member
    same as above use 1.5" ive had exact same prob using 1" in glute a few years ago I freaked out thought I was going to have abscess . changed needle problem solved .

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uberkush77 View Post
    Went in my left glute in a great location. She injected pretty slow, took approx 20-30 seconds to inject 2ml,
    Actually this is a pretty fast rate of injection. For me 2mls is 1 1/2 to 2 mins. Next time go slower. In the mean time use the heating pad and roll the area with a tennis ball. If it doesn't get better see a doc. You'll need a round of antibiotics.

Captncavematt is offline Junior Member
    Been there man. Ibuprofen worked miracles for me. 2ml is a big first shot IMO. What you are experiencing seems reasonable considering the amount injected. What was it? What brand? I think it would also be reasonable for this to take a week to subside.

ChestNBack is offline Associate Member
    OP what lab are you using

xthedukex is offline Associate Member
    My first injection from a low T center was painful as hell it hurt my ass for about 4 days. I believe it was caused from me not relaxing enough and having my ass contracted when I got stuck. it is getting easier. now I make sure that all the weight is off of the leg on the side that I am receiving the injection in. this has helped a lot !!! then I always take an extremely hot bath the evening that I get the injection.

Kelvin is offline Junior Member
    I just went through the same thing!!! Talk about pain. Hard a hard time just getting in and especially out of the car or sleeping for that matter. Thanks for the advice. Looking through the threads, I fugured out what I did wrong. Thank you all for the comments.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    If your wife is a nurse, why are you asking us?

Thread Information