Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jkelsss9

Thread: Best Steroid For Fast-twitch Muscle Fiber Strength

joshdizzle04 is offline New Member

Best Steroid For Fast-twitch Muscle Fiber Strength

What is the best steroid to take as a basketball athlete that would have the greatest effect on me becoming an elite athlete. I am a college basketball player who is transferring to a D-1 institution and i want to be ready physically.

kaberle_15 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joshdizzle04
    What is the best steroid to take as a basketball athlete that would have the greatest effect on me becoming an elite athlete. I am a college basketball player who is transferring to a D-1 institution and i want to be ready physically.
    Skill would be the greatest factor there, steroids wont make you a better ball player

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    the best would be a high androgen with little to no estrogen conversion. halo would be a good choice in my book. i would stay away from tren (bad endurance issues) or dbol

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    I agree with Powerliftmike that a highly androgenic compound would be your best bet, but halo is only moderately androgenic. Your best bet would be MDHT. You won't get any mass gain from that because it has zero anabolic effects.

dhriscerr is offline Senior Member
    One that doesn't blow your stamina. But I have no idea what you need? Baseball players seem to like HGH so maybe basketball players would too

jagdpanther is offline Member
    Are you talking about for use during the season or for post/pre season conditioning? Recomendations would vary based on that.

i am in a post season training program that includes olympic lifting, high intensity plyometrics, and a hell of a lot of sprints and what is MDHT i was thinking maybe igf-1 and anavar or either.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    anavar and or tbol

Jason865 is offline Banned
    None

It takes great genetics, hard work and dedication not a pill or a shot.

i am in a post season training program that includes olympic lifting, high intensity plyometrics, and a hell of a lot of sprints and what is MDHT i was thinking maybe igf-1 and anavar or either.
    MDHT is mestanolone. It is a pure androgen. IGF won't help you much at all. Same with anavar .

why wouldnt igf-1 help and anavar is just like mdht isnt it neither of them aromatize and are androgenic .

Okay you are doing post season training. How long till the season starts again? What are your goals for this post season training? You can not focus on everything at once and time is a factor in what you can accomplish.

Are you familiar with the concepts of periodization and stuff like plyometrics?
    This book by Bompa is over ten years old but the sections on macro and micro training schedules along sections on with increasing the endurance of your cns are classic.

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Training...3717737&sr=8-6

The book "Athletic Body in Balance" is one of my favorites. I've seen alot of the excersizes in other places but that is not what makes this one. Gary Cook recomends a system for evaluation to determine your weekest link and then how to work on it. He helps evaluate range of motion in sports specific movements and strength ratios between opposed muscle groups.

http://www.performbetter.com/detail....638_A_rnd_E_49

I'm willing to give you my opinions but to do it right you really need to know what your doing before selecting an AAS for use, Otherwise you'll pick the wrong thing and won't get what you are looking for.

my goals are to run faster, jump higher, and be more explosive as a basketball athlete

Cutler fan is offline Junior Member
    stanozolol , anavar , drostanolon primo will do it. If you r afraid of doping test then only oral stanozolol for you .

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    im a big fan of mestanolone but i've never ran it by itself, my brother who plays soccer (6' 175lbs pretty shredded) has the same goals as you. he's getting ready to start a mestanolone only cycle 100mg/ed for 6wks, as soon as i'm confident he will follow his diet and training schedule 100% i'll have him start it. im very interested on how it will affect his strength, speed, muscular endurance, and mental state. on paper it sounds ideal for what your goals are but i'll let you know how it works out with my brother.

my goals are to run faster, jump higher, and be more explosive as a basketball athlete
    Okay well let's make a hypothetical situation withour athlete John.
    John has a six month off season training period.
    His goals are to be faster, jump higher, and develop his explosive movement.
    He has decided to partition his offseason into three training periods with a different focus for each period.
    For the first two months he will deveolop strenth. Strength can be defined as the ability to exert force overtime -this is not to explosive.
    His goal while lifting is to increase his muscle mass and strength while keeping fat down. He will work one muscle group once a week,doing 10 to12 sets per muscle group doing a weight that allows him no more then 5 or 6 reps per set. Once he can do 7 reps its time to move up the weight up. As many of the lifts as possibles should be multi joint lifts,things like dead lifts, clean and press, standing bent over rows, bench presses, and squats. He should do some cardio and stretching every day, prefferably at least several hours before or after lifting. If john does the cardio before he wants his body fresh for maximumeffort while lifting. If after he wants to wait at least several hours so his body can focus on feeding his muscles. He still plans on doing playing a little bball EOD and works on specific drills fortechnique on his off days.
    This would be a good time to run A longestered Testosterone like Enanthenate. He plans on using Arimedix as his AI to cut down on estrogen side effects,especially bloating. He will help kick start the cycle with anavar for six weeks as he remebers reading from his research that anavar increases strength without adding much weight.

During the second two months he will switch his focus to developing power off of the strength base he has been working on in the previous phase.
    This requires a drastic drop in weight, and the lifts are now going to be explosive where he is actually throwing the weights around in a controlled manner. This will require him to use some new excersizes and get rid of some
    of the old. These would include jump squats with less weight,and he will be doing sets of 15. in between sets he plans on doing fast feet work with the weights still on his shoulders. On shoulder days he will run a modefied version oftheclean and press where he does a full front squat from the clean before going in to the press,then lower the weight behind his neck and do a full back squat,again comming up in to a press before finally finishing the excersize. Note each time he moves the weight up, his goal is to explode into the movement. The Romanian one arm snatch his another good excersize to add at this point. He has also selected or developed a bunch of sport specific medicine ball routines to implement. His cardio now consists of sprint work with active recovery periods (jogging - walking fast, what ever he can handle). Hestillplays Bbal eod and drills technique on the off days.
    For the first month of this phase john has decided to switch to Test prop and masteron . He is still using adex. The short ester test should further minimize any bloat and will allow the long esters from the previous phase to clear before starting PCT. Pct will start in the second month of his second phase.
    The masteron will help with the intensisty of training and hopefullyharden him a little.

During the third phase weight training is reduced to a maintenance plan.Alot of the time spent lifting before is now focused on medicine ball drills for upper body and leaping, bounding, and sprinting for the lower. Moretime is spent on the court both drilling and playing. During the first month of this phase John willbe completing the last month of PCT and have another month free of substances before the season starts.

The cycle would look something like:

weeks 1-8 Testosterone enanthenate 400 -500mg week -( broken up into 2 injections)
    weeks 1-6 anavar 60 mg ed
    weeks 9-12 test prop 100mg ED
    weeks 9-12 masteron 50mg ED
    near the end of week 13 start PCT,which would include nolvadex and aromasin .

Through out the cycle John has used Adex tocontrol estrogen and becuase he did his researh and knows there is no male pattern baldness on his mothers side of the family he decided not to use finestride.

This is a quick example not to be taken as literal directions. I have to run to the gym for my evening workout so this has not been proof read.
    It should however give you and idea of where your head should be at, you should be thinking not only about your goals but how to attain them.
    By the way you'll notice I wrote more about training then steriods . That is because without the proper training the steriods won't do that much for you.
    Where you are young and have decided to do this anyway I'm throwing my 2cents in. In my youth, if I had to make a choice between proper training or steriods and improper training, I would choose proper training hands down.
    You young guys don't know what you have going for you naturally.
    Last edited by jagdpanther; 03-12-2007 at 03:42 PM.

The cycle posted above should not be used by someone wanting to increase his speed & explosiveness. It will put far too much weight on. Elite sprinters rarely take more than 200mg/week of test. Less is more for sprinters.
    Anavar is not like mestanolone. Anavar is too anabolic & will make you too heavy. Why do u think they give it to HIV patients to help them gain weight (apart from the fact that it's one of the less toxic orals)? Mestanolone has no anabolic activity at all. It will help to increase your neural efficiency and strength without putting weight on you. This is what you want. All of the top sprinters in the world are relatively light, but very strong for their body weight.

Oh, and don't take winny because it will cause a lot of tendon and joint pain.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    The cycle posted above should not be used by someone wanting to increase his speed & explosiveness. It will put far too much weight on. Elite sprinters rarely take more than 200mg/week of test. Less is more for sprinters.
    Anavar is not like mestanolone. Anavar is too anabolic & will make you too heavy. Why do u think they give it to HIV patients to help them gain weight (apart from the fact that it's one of the less toxic orals)? Mestanolone has no anabolic activity at all. It will help to increase your neural efficiency and strength without putting weight on you. This is what you want. All of the top sprinters in the world are relatively light, but very strong for their body weight.
    Bro diet controls weight better then the difference between 200mg a week and 400mg a week of test. Besides he's coming off the test three months prior to season. You can't be peaking for your sport year round if you think you can, your wrong. That is why they have periodaztion. The idea is to put on not only muscle in the first two months also but develop the tendons and connective tissue through lifting heavier weight. Yes he will be slower during this phase of training and cycling, but that is to increase strength. Look at some modern training books for conditioning post season and pre season. in the next two phases he will loose weight and some of the strength but will have greater power- explosiveness.

As for anavar putting on to much weight, your the first first I have ever heard say that anavar puts on to much weight.

As for winny I agree and do not recommend it for explosive sports because it is said to unevenly develop tendons, although we must both admit Ben Johnson's uneven tendons won him a world record.
    Last edited by jagdpanther; 03-12-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added "although we must both admit"

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and don't take winny because it will cause a lot of tendon and joint pain.
    ...from a sprinters perspective, i agree

Hey Flybu,

Sorry if I came off with attitude it has been a long day. I still do respectfully disagree with some of your points though. I'm not a world class sprinter so I can't tell you what they do. I do believe in preiodaztion and I still think diet has more to do with making a difference in weight then the difference in the doses we talked about. I appreciate your in put though.

If I'm wrong maybe you can educate me, but that will require some work. I really think though that this guy needs to hear more about training then steriods . As I've asked him if he was familiar with either periodaization or plyometrics. He didn't respond to that. Plyometrics seems like a rudimentary staple these days for serious athletes in sports requiring explosiveness.

b cool,

Jagdpanther

Ben Johnson only took 2mg/day of winny! He injected furazabol which is very similar to winny, but without the joint/tendon sides. He got caught for winny because he mistakenly injected winny instead of furazabol too close to his test.
    (Winny has a longer detection time).
    400mg/week of test is way too much for a sprinter and will put on a lot more weight than 200mg/week of test. For one, it will stimulate appetite significantly more than 200mg/week of test. It will also stimulate much more muscle growth. If this guy is lifting weights too, it may be hard not to gain too much mass no matter what program he follows. Definitely agree on the plyos though.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    sorry, have to hijack the thread for one question

flybyu, ive started a few threads on mestanolone on a couple boards and not too many people are very familiar with it, only thing i was wondering was how fast it gets absorbed, is once a day fine or should you split it into a few doses (morning, preWO, prebed)?

Ben Johnson only took 2mg/day of winny! He injected furazabol which is very similar to winny, but without the joint/tendon sides. He got caught for winny because he mistakenly injected winny instead of furazabol too close to his test.
    (Winny has a longer detection time).
    400mg/week of test is way too much for a sprinter and will put on a lot more weight than 200mg/week of test. For one, it will stimulate appetite significantly more than 200mg/week of test. It will also stimulate much more muscle growth. If this guy is lifting weights too, it may be hard not to gain too much mass no matter what program he follows. Definitely agree on the plyos though.

From your answer I can tell sprinting is your world. I'm better at general atheletic training for contact sports. Where you want some size but you want speed and some endurance as well. Being to big can hinder endurance as well as speed. The sprinters I've known had college scholorships but they weren't world class as far as I know. They weren't huge but they were thick and dense for sure, especially in the legs.
    I've heard of furazabol and was interested in it because there were rumours that it was similar to winny but not as harsh on the liver and hdl/ldl. Then I heard those points were myths and since it was a lot more expensive then winny I never bothered to try it. Since you say it is not bad for connective tissue I'll take another look at it (but the price is still high in comparison).
    So the sprinters you know(maybe you to) don't have an off season where you put on a few lean pounds? then a period were you work more on speed, loosing some of the added weight preseason? Just asking out of curiosity. Training is something I love. i'm always willing and wanting to learn more. In the past my coaches usually liked me cause I'd give up my notions to try and learn their point. I figured they are the coaches so they must know something I don't even if their idea didn't seem right to me initially. Now I just have a trainer once a week and a tennis pro. I just started playing tennis. I know my agility will suffer from the cycle I'm on now but I figure I'll loose some when I come off (I actually intentionally plan on loosing some size when I comeoff) and be more agile after.

jagdpanther

Manpretty is offline Member
    HAHhahaha this thread is great .....lets get this straight you think youll become an elite BBplayer from gear????? thats just silly hope you are a foward and dont rely on you shot at all.....you f you mechanics up if you gain too much stregth or saize at one time....your body needs time to adjust ......i hope you are already an amazing baller cause if not your money is better spend on one on one coaching

Manpretty is offline Member
    oh and yes someone said it, no steroid is better at producing "fast twitch" muscle fibers that is your training your talking about therre, i mean you could take deca or winny and it wouldnt matter one bit if you werent training for fast twitch growth

Quote Originally Posted by Manpretty
    your money is better spend on one on one coaching
    I agree with this 100% at his age. I also know that adding to much strength can mess up your shot until you adjust. I trained a bball player for a different sport but as the bball season approached we incorporated more medicine ball throws. He definitely needed to adjust for the added strength, he was pissed at first, and he wasn't even taking roids.

By the way I'm not a profesional trainer. I've always played sports and taught martial arts in my twenties which is where I met the kid I mention above. During that time I've read a lot on conditioning/crosstraining, incorporated it my classes, and my own training routines. I've also been coached a bit (and still am being coached). Still trying to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Manpretty
    oh and yes someone said it, no steroid is better at producing "fast twitch" muscle fibers that is your training your talking about therre, i mean you could take deca or winny and it wouldnt matter one bit if you werent training for fast twitch growth
    Actually you are right and wrong there. Without the right training you won't get what you want- that is the right part. The value of right training far out weighs the the value of the right roid.

For a basketball player the only AAS I'd recommend would probably be Anavar . The reason is because you don't want to put on too much weight (for hops) and it'll make you stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac666
    sorry, have to hijack the thread for one question

flybyu, ive started a few threads on mestanolone on a couple boards and not too many people are very familiar with it, only thing i was wondering was how fast it gets absorbed, is once a day fine or should you split it into a few doses (morning, preWO, prebed)?
    Yeah, you won't find many people who have taken it because most people on the boards are bodybuilders. Not that MDHT isn't useful for bodybuilders. It actually makes the muscles look harder than winny does imo, so would be great for them to use in the lead up to a contest. It just has no anabolic activity at all, which is why most bodybuilders don't use it. It gets absorbed fast. It only has a very short half life, so doses need to be spread out. Normally, you take your whole dose about 30mins before your workout. Some take it on non workout days, but most just take it pre-workout. Up to 100mg/day. Start off at 50mg pre-workout. If you do another workout later in the day, take another 50mg.

Jagdpanther, sprinters even in the off season, don't want to get too far above their racing weight, because it has an advers effect on their training & increases the likelihood of injury. Test dose in the off season is a little higher, but I've never known a top sprinter to take more than 200mg/week of test.

jkelsss9 is offline New Member

Seeking Help & Information

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU View Post
    I agree with Powerliftmike that a highly androgenic compound would be your best bet, but halo is only moderately androgenic. Your best bet would be MDHT. You won't get any mass gain from that because it has zero anabolic effects.
    Hey FlyBy,

I am a collegiate athlete (20 years old/football) seeking information before making some supplement decisions. You seem to be incredibly knowledgable. If you could contact me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and May God Bless.

-JK
    Mr.BB likes this.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Start your own thread mate. This is 8 years old.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkelsss9 View Post

Hey FlyBy,

I am a collegiate athlete (20 years old/football) seeking information before making some supplement decisions. You seem to be incredibly knowledgable. If you could contact me, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and May God Bless.

-JK
    PS. You can't send or receive pm until you have over 50 post.

Thread Information