Muscleduke is offline Associate Member

Lump after injection.

Hey guys,

I did a shot in my glute on Tuesday. I have a nice big juicy lump there now. It feels like a bad pip it is not hot to touch nor inflamed/Red. I'd say the lump is nearly the size of a golf ball and is very tender.

Its just pretty big, what could it be? I'm guessing I need to switch up site injections more often but I only inject in each site 1x per week.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Muscleduke; 09-04-2014 at 01:41 AM.

pushit_05 is offline Junior Member
    Did you aspirate and see bubbles? Sounds like you could have subQ'ed. I would wait it out for a week to see if it decreases in size. Obv if pain continues or worsens you should have it checked out. Yes to rotating sites.

Yep ofcourse!! I'm pretty sure I was in the muscle... That being said when I pulled the needle out quite a bit of oil rushed out. That has never happened before, is that a sign of subq injecrion does anyone know?
    Last edited by Muscleduke; 09-04-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	4966 
Size:	530.8 KB 
ID:	152799

This is what it looks like... Left glute.

Only painful when pressure applies. It is not red, inflamed or hot.

Any ideas??

pushit_05 is offline Junior Member
    It could be a minor infection which could go away. It would be consistently getting worse if it was something really serious. No matter the ester I always recommend 2x injections a week minimum and to rotate sites. Also if you injected a lot then it will pool and sometimes spurt out.

itiswhatitis is offline Junior Member
    My first 6 shots lumped up every time ... Never red or hot to touch ... I little pip there but that's it. My RN said it was my body reacting to the oils and I would get used to it. Shots 7 and 8 have been perfect and nothing at all. Your body will get used to it. Just keep and eye on it and make sure it doesn't get bigger.

Yeah, my injection looks like that sometimes. Once my wife told me that my hip muscle was really well developed. LOL I don't know the physiological reason why the body reacts that way but when I changed gear, I didn't get the huge painful lumps anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Yeah, my injection looks like that sometimes. Once my wife told me that my hip muscle was really well developed. LOL I don't know the physiological reason why the body reacts that way but when I changed gear, I didn't get the huge painful lumps anymore.

Haha! yeah Im seeing my girlfriend tomorrow and don't know what to say because she will definitely see it. Thanks for the reply! I think it's gone down slightly today, I guess I just did a bad injection as others haven't been like this!

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Damn. That is a pretty big lump. I would ice it bro. Not to scare you but, ive done hundreds of injections in my glutes, and have never had anything larger than a marble. That shit would freak me out. Sub q should not even be like that. How many MLs did you inject, that cant be all oil.

Contact is offline New Member
    What happened to the lump? Did you identify what caused it?

Thread Information