WMSuperSport is offline Associate Member

Alcohol and protein synthesis

I was reading about alcohol consumption can reduce protein synthesis 15-20%, 24 hours after a workout. Does this still stand true for someone whos taking a gram of testosterone /wk, some tren , or maybe even more compounds? I figure if I'm upping my test to those levels then the alcohol should barely affect my synthesis. Is this a logical way of thinking?
    I ask because I drink vodka at times, especially socially.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Vodka is for hobos. Drink Scotch.

Also, it's all dose dependent. There is no clear answer, but definitely avoid getting wasted on cycle.

I appreciate the effort, but your post was completely useless. Dont get butt hurt cuz I said that...
    Scotch tastes like shit to me anyway. I can drink vodka straight if I have to.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WMSuperSport View Post
    I appreciate the effort, but your post was completely useless. Dont get butt hurt cuz I said that...
    Scotch tastes like shit to me anyway. I can drink vodka straight if I have to.
    Looks like you're the one that got butt hurt lol.

Why would you even want to drink while on a gram of test... not to mention the tren and whatever else you throw in. Sounds like a 2 gram cycle...

Also to answer your question, I don't think thats a logical way of thinking. 15-20% is 15-20% regardless of how much juice you're pumping into your body. Yes, at the end of it, the steroids should allow a great protein synthesis, but why degrade the rate by introducing alcohol.

I didn't get butt hurt at all. But anywho, I agree with what you're saying about drinking on cycle, but I do also like to have a social life and that usually involves a couple vodka drinks. I figured that's the least harmful and least fattening, but I am no expert obviously. I don't understand why almost everything turns into a pissing contest on the forums I go to when someone asks a question. That's why I don't even bother anymore.

Proximal is offline Banned
    I personally like my wine & am sure it affected my test & progress before my TRT. But since TRT, my progress has been amazing, despite not stopping. However, well aware of the damage I am doing to my liver.

Thread Information