Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DocToxin8

Thread: How to tell infection after pin?

NormalDude is offline Junior Member

How to tell infection after pin?

So Friday I pin my ass. No blood when I aspirate and no blood when I take the pin out. Yesterday it was sore as fuck and swollen. Today it is sore (not as bad as yesterday) and still swollen. it is not red or anything. I do not have a fever. How can I tel if it is an infection? Or did I miss the muscle and put the 5cc of fluid behind it? 1cc test and 4 primo

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OK sounds like you just pinned way too much in one spot. If it is red and hot to the touch that is a sign of infection.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    OK sounds like you just pinned way too much in one spot. If it is red and hot to the touch that is a sign of infection.
    I thought it would be too much when I started but this is my 7th week pinning 5cc's in one spot and usually its just normal soreness.

zenvost1 is offline Associate Member
    No fever no infection change the spot and you will be fine. Always use alcohol swap wait until dry then pin it. Keep ibuprofen in hand.

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Without fever infection is unlikely as Zen said.

And the fact that you're better, not worse in such a short amount of time doesn't fit with infection.

Redness and soreness at the site can happen because of inflammation, which is also an immune response, but in this case an harmless one.

Wait, and don't pin that side of the glute for 10 days and you should be totally fine.
    If you get worse or doesn't improve let us know and we'll take it from there.
    (Ofcourse if this gets worse and you get a fever then contact medical assistant ASAP)
    InternalFire and Red Bastard like this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member

Thanks for the answers everyone

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Most likely nicked a nerve, remember keep to the top right of the glute as the sciatic nerve runs down the middle of the ass. if you nick that you will know about it. It will give you pain and it will swell (lump).
    Last edited by clarky.; 10-22-2016 at 12:25 PM.

Thread Information