Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Dianabol (Methandrostenolone) Shelf Life - Anyone?

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Dianabol (Methandrostenolone) Shelf Life - Anyone?

I've searched, used every advanced searching method I know, and searched some more and I can't find the answer from a technical standpoint on the Forum.

Does anyone know how long Dbol will last if kept airtight, temperature and humidity controlled, light-free and with a desiccant? It's my understanding that most pharmaceuticals don't go "bad" but their efficacy reduces with age and that rate is dependent on storage conditions.

Would Dbol stored as described above be 90% effective after five years? 50% effective? Are there any studies on this that anyone is aware of? Heck, would it last indefinitely?

DocToxin8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I can't back this up by studies on DBOL specifically,
    but the reason Pharma drugs have a 5 year exp date isn't because they only last that long, but because of some legal issues.

And studies done on more "sensitive" drugs like insulin showed that there was no reduction in potency 2 years after exp date if kept according to guidelines. (In the fridge for insulin) The study I'm referring to was done by the US army as medicines past exp date is a huge cost.

My guess is that DBOL should last at least 10 years over exp date if kept in dry, room temp environment.
    I don't think there will be ANY decrease in potency actually.
    But this is my speculation only.
    This would not apply to liquid preparations from UGL labs like liquid arimidex , etc, as water is involved in the degrading process. So is sunlight.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post
    but the reason Pharma drugs have a 5 year exp date isn't because they only last that long, but because of some legal issues.
    Stability of Active Ingredients in Long-Expired Prescription Medications | Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology | JAMA Internal Medicine | The JAMA Network

Eight long-expired medications with 15 different active ingredients were discovered in a retail pharmacy in their original, unopened containers. All had expired 28 to 40 years prior to analysis.

Twelve of the 14 drug compounds tested (86%) were present in concentrations at least 90% of the labeled amounts,
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocToxin8 View Post

And studies done on more "sensitive" drugs like insulin showed that there was no reduction in potency 2 years after exp date if kept according to guidelines. (In the fridge for insulin) The study I'm referring to was done by the US army as medicines past exp date is a huge cost.

My guess is that DBOL should last at least 10 years over exp date if kept in dry, room temp environment.
    I don't think there will be ANY decrease in potency actually.
    But this is my speculation only.
    This would not apply to liquid preparations from UGL labs like liquid arimidex, etc, as water is involved in the degrading process. So is sunlight.
    Thank you so much. I really appreciate the kind responses!

Thread Information