Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonbana
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By Jonbana
  • 2 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By DawgHouse

Thread: First cycle. Should I cut or bulk?

HotCarl is offline New Member

First cycle. Should I cut or bulk?

I'm 36 years old 5'10"/171lbs with 17%. I'm going to do my first cycle ever, I was told by buddy that I should try Sustanon 250 an Anavar for 12 to 16 weeks. Now I've been cutting for 4 months and have lost almost 20 lbs, I'm not sure if I should cut or bulk on my first cycle.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Can you post a pic of yourself so we can advise properly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0551.JPG 
Views:	1428 
Size:	472.7 KB 
ID:	166434

Here's a picture

Jonbana is offline Member
    At 17% you should cut ,
    Also running steroids at that body fat level raises a lot of risks

I would lower your body fat and diet and trainer harder hit around 12% body fat than do a cycle while bulking

In my eyes steroids should be used for bulking lossing fat is easy building muscle takes years

Just my 2 cents I will never cut using a steroid always bulking
    Marsoc likes this.

Thanks for the advice!

Honest opinion? You are nowhere near ready to cycle. You have minimal muscle and I think you are over 17%.

How long have you been lifting?

I'd start a lean bulk diet asap and put on hold any idea of a cycle for some time.
    songdog likes this.

I've been lifting for a few years. I started by bulking and wasn't very clean. So I started to gain to much fat which scared me.

Jonbana is offline Member
    if you've been lifting for a few years and your still at 17% body fat you need a diet check steroids will not help you ,

it took me one year to go from 280 pounds 28% BF to 160 pounds at 6% BF with all diet and training nothing else

steroid 's will do nothing but harm to you if you don't know what you're doing , you first must master training and diet / nutrition and learn your body or you will just waste money on a cycle and possibly body harm long term
    wellshii likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    First is a waste to cut as it is the cycle where you grow the most, except if you are restricting nutrients like in a cut.

You should start by looking at your training and diet, otherwise you will just lose all gains afterwards.

BTW sustanon is not a very good compound to cycle as it has very long ester of testosterone , which will take a long time to leave your body, many times compromising the PCT and recovery.
    Marsoc and songdog like this.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    What does your training look like. I.e. Intensity. What's involved etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl View Post
    I've been lifting for a few years. I started by bulking and wasn't very clean. So I started to gain to much fat which scared me.
    Well, no offence, but you have no muscle.

My advice stands.

DawgHouse is offline Junior Member
    Some of the people commenting may have came off rude, but what they are trying to say is you have substantial potential for growth without needing steroids .

Just dial in the training, diet, and really importantly your sleeping habits as well. plenty of gains to be made. You're actually at a position where you could likely gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. I'd recommend a 4 day lifting 3 day cardio exercise every day routine. I also find when you become commited to spending time to exercise every day per week, it is easier to have your diet fall into place because you are constantly thinking about preparing your body for the workout you have today or tomorrow.
    wellshii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgHouse View Post
    Some of the people commenting may have came off rude, but what they are trying to say is you have substantial potential for growth without needing steroids .

Just dial in the training, diet, and really importantly your sleeping habits as well. plenty of gains to be made. You're actually at a position where you could likely gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously. I'd recommend a 4 day lifting 3 day cardio exercise every day routine. I also find when you become commited to spending time to exercise every day per week, it is easier to have your diet fall into place because you are constantly thinking about preparing your body for the workout you have today or tomorrow.

Thanks Dawghouse. Skinny fat is a shitty place to be stuck.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotCarl
    Thanks Dawghouse. Skinny fat is a shitty place to be stuck.
    You are not stuck. You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it. If you think you can, you can. The guys in the diet section are top of the line if you need additional assitance.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Just change up your routine beacuse it seems yours isn't working.Checkout Dorian Yates HIT routine you can Goggle it.Good luck Bro!

wellshii is offline Member
    As others have said,hold off on any compounds . How is your diet ,lifestlye etc etc like?
    A cycle would of course add muscle and strength fast,but if the muscle mass is minimal now from years of lifting,imagine the money wasted after those gains disappear in the same amount of time it took to achieve those gains?
    Check your
    Diet
    Life style
    Sleep
    Workout regimen
    Blood work even to see how your hormones are,
    then go from there.
    Unless of course this is for a high school reunion,then hell go for it. JK JK

Thread Information