Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles
  • 2 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02
  • 2 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: HCG questions

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member

HCG questions

This study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4378070/ says that 250iu HCG EOD during TRT increased intratesticular testosterone compared to placebo but still 7% below baseline. At 500iu EOD it went above baseline. Well I inject E3D so at 500iu E3D it would seem I'd end up above baseline too (average 167mg/day). Why is it advocated to take the lower dose here on the forums though? Leydig cell desensitization doesn't happen until even higher dosages. The other side effect might be estrogen control but then I can just bump up to 25mg aromasin from 12.5mg.

Also another question about HCG, I bought Ovitrelle (r-HCG). I think this will be too expensive in the long run. It costs like $100 per 6500 iu while fertigyn 5000 iu costs $35. Wouldn't it be worth it for me to switch to fertigyn and go 500iu E3D along with my test cyp shots?
    Last edited by cousinmuscles; 01-02-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    Nixter likes this.

Sorry guys I just read my post and see I was not clear with what questions I had. Questions are: any reason it is advised to take 250iu E3.5D when research says 500iu EOD is better for the testicles? Also is the expensive type of HCG pen any better than regular HCG?

You're really not trying to jump start your testicular function until PCT. HCG just warms up your boys for PCT. 250iu twice a week is enough. Why do more, spend more $ then you have to? If the HCG is legit, there's no difference between a $100/vial or $35/vial HCG. HCG is HCG.
    cousinmuscles and PT1982 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    You're really not trying to jump start your testicular function until PCT. HCG just warms up your boys for PCT. 250iu twice a week is enough. Why do more, spend more $ then you have to? If the HCG is legit, there's no difference between a $100/vial or $35/vial HCG. HCG is HCG.
    Thank you for the reply. Yeah I know HCG is just to maintain testicle size. Though the studies show 250iu EOD still resulted in less ITT than baseline levels. I just want to figure out what is optimal.

After a while "good enough" is optimal, for me. Why? Since each body is different, you have to use the baseline and find your optimal by trial and error, basically. If you think you should go 500iu, then start there and see how your body reacts. The general HCG usage on this forum is 500iu/wk. Maybe that's not enough for you body. Try it, and write up your findings. It's good for everybody to know what you find.
    cousinmuscles likes this.

I think I'll go with 250 lol easier on my wallet. Problem with doing an experiment is there is no way to measure it unless i try hard to remember exactly how big my testicles are. Anyway thanks for the answers.

I second your decision. Why fix it if it ain't broke, right?
    PT1982 and cousinmuscles like this.

Bigdomg is offline New Member
    Napsgear has a 10,000 iu kit good price, regardless of your amount used

Thread Information