Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Euroholic
  • 1 Post By AR's King Silabolin
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: About to talk myself out of it before I start. Advice please.

MTheoryFreak is offline Junior Member
    Blog Entries

About to talk myself out of it before I start. Advice please.

I keep debating using AAS. I am 40 years old. I weigh 180 or so pounds. I am probably 15-18 percent body fat. I am pretty healthy. I am on no meds. I run a little. I crossfit a few days a week. I workout 5 days a week. I have been consistent for over a year. I have worked out off and on since I was a teenager. I have no desire to compete as a bodybuilder. I would really like to look a?little bigger than fitness models. My diet is pretty good. I am pretty disciplined in my life.

I recently went to a Dr. for the first time in my life to get baseline labs just for curiosity. All my labs came back ok except my total test which was 204. I am going back in 2 weeks to have more labs drawn such as LH, FSH, Free Test. My Dr. said I may be a good candidate for TRT. I was really into the idea for a while. However, as I talk to people on TRT and scour the forums, I start to wonder if I really want to pin for the rest of my life. Messing with my endocrine system for a lifetime seems like a very big decision.

So now I am debating whether I should give cycling a go. My reservations are.

1. I am not sure how to approach my Dr. for mid cycle labs. Not sure how to bring this up. It seems to be a vital part of a successful cycle.

2. I have no idea where to really start acquiring gear. I find places but it would be a shot in the dark. I have a few friends that use Test and sometimes Tren . They do not worry about controlling E2 and they do not do any PCT. I bring it up to them and they just dismiss it. I feel the suffer when they come off because they keep going from stole to, well not.

I have read every sticky here I can find. I feel I have at least a basic understanding of where I should start. I just don't know where to begin. I am not even sure if I am ready as far as reaching my genetic natural potential.

As a side note, I do not feel like I did when I was 30. I train hard but don't gain like I used to and when I cut the weight doesn't come off as fast as it used to either. My sex drive, although good, is not where it was 10 years ago either.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism. I know this is kinda long and rambling. I have always wanted to try it but finding hard to know where to start to take the plunge.

Nixter is offline Associate Member
    I'm in exactly the same boat, age too. Currently trying to dial in trt dose with the doc but if what I'm currently feeling is as good as it gets I'll probably discontinue and just blast. I was going to blast anyways so it's just whether I come off via TRT or pct now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Well the best thing you can do is research.READ our stickies there is a ton of info there.And don't be dumb like your friends control your E2.And if you are on TRT you don't need a pct.There is a big difference between 15n18% bf post a pic of yourself and we could help you or in the diet section they might have a stickie with pics at different bf%.Good luck.
    Euroholic likes this.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    At your age mate and T levels that low you should look into trt mate for your health. Keep in mind trt will bring you to normal levels not cycle levels

MTheoryFreak likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Well the best thing you can do is research.READ our stickies there is a ton of info there.And don't be dumb like your friends control your E2.And if you are on TRT you don't need a pct.There is a big difference between 15n18% bf post a pic of yourself and we could help you or in the diet section they might have a stickie with pics at different bf%.Good luck.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170117_000350.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	167039

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Yo.
    Total in the 200s??
    Man u cant live with that. Its like a 85 year old.
    Listen to your doc and start TRT.

I tell ya. Pinning once a week is nothing compared to the other stuff.
    Within weeks u get used to it and it fades into your regular rutines and u wont even notice almost.

And i promise. Once u get your total test up in the high 600s u will have the foundation to grow.

No need for steroids then.

And if you wanna choose that path later, trt will help u on the most difficult parts of juicing.
    MTheoryFreak likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    Yo.
    Total in the 200s??
    Man u cant live with that. Its like a 85 year old.
    Listen to your doc and start TRT.

I tell ya. Pinning once a week is nothing compared to the other stuff.
    Within weeks u get used to it and it fades into your regular rutines and u wont even notice almost.

And i promise. Once u get your total test up in the high 600s u will have the foundation to grow.

No need for steroids then.

And if you wanna choose that path later, trt will help u on the most difficult parts of juicing.
    Thanks for the reply, man. Yeah. I was shocked when I saw the 204 result. I really want to do it. I just want to make sure it is done right. Here are some what ifs that concern me. What if my doc doesn't want to give me hcg ? What if they don't manage my estradiol? I can just play all these scenarios in my head where I would just be put on Test and from what I read here it doesn't seem the smartest route to go. My next step is the second more in depth labs in 2 weeks. Then an honest discussion with my doc. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I am really enjoying the forums here. I keep reading and learning. Everyone has been so nice and receptive here. Tons of knowledge to scratch through.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by MTheoryFreak View Post
    Thanks for the reply, man. Yeah. I was shocked when I saw the 204 result. I really want to do it. I just want to make sure it is done right. Here are some what ifs that concern me. What if my doc doesn't want to give me hcg? What if they don't manage my estradiol? I can just play all these scenarios in my head where I would just be put on Test and from what I read here it doesn't seem the smartest route to go. My next step is the second more in depth labs in 2 weeks. Then an honest discussion with my doc. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I am really enjoying the forums here. I keep reading and learning. Everyone has been so nice and receptive here. Tons of knowledge to scratch through.
    There is more then 1 dr out there mate. Of your not happy with him move on. You will probs need to educate him and tell him you want hcg and an ai etc etc. probs best find a endo that works with sportsman.

Marcus G is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with the above find a doctor that will listen to you and get in trt

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

Thanks for the reply, man. Yeah. I was shocked when I saw the 204 result. I really want to do it. I just want to make sure it is done right. Here are some what ifs that concern me. What if my doc doesn't want to give me hcg? What if they don't manage my estradiol? I can just play all these scenarios in my head where I would just be put on Test and from what I read here it doesn't seem the smartest route to go. My next step is the second more in depth labs in 2 weeks. Then an honest discussion with my doc. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I am really enjoying the forums here. I keep reading and learning. Everyone has been so nice and receptive here. Tons of knowledge to scratch through.
    Im not on trt yet and there are others who know more about trt in this forum than me, but if i got a choice beetween dealing with total test 204 and small balls and elevated e2 (elevated e2 also has pros, not only concerns), to me that choice would be simple
    Girls dont care about your balls. They wanna have the real thing. That comes from Rich Piana!
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 01-17-2017 at 06:39 AM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    OP I've been on TRT since 1993 when I was 32 years old, I'm now almost 56. I was tired all the time. Lacked motivation. I wasn't making any real gains in the gym. I found a great endo that listened and prescribed my dosage to the very high end of normal. I felt like I could do anything. My training went through the roof, I wasn't run down all the time anymore and I generally felt great. But as you know life throws things at us and my training got pushed to the back burner and I sometimes wasn't real consistent with my pins and one thing led to another and after a few years I got tired of pinning every week so I went off cold turkey. After a year or so of feeling like crap I went back to my endo and started over. Things went back to great again and life was good. I repeated this on/off scenario a couple of times in the past 24 years. Yes you'll get tired of pinning. Yes you'll have good and bad days still. But in the long run you'll be much happier and healthier if you follow your TRT regimen as laid out by your doctor. You owe it to yourself to at least give it shot. No pun intended there. I think the benefits out weigh the frustration of feeling bad and the pinning. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Also get over into the TRT / hormone replacement section and look around. You'll find help anywhere on this forum.
    Nixter likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    OP I've been on TRT since 1993 when I was 32 years old, I'm now almost 56. I was tired all the time. Lacked motivation. I wasn't making any real gains in the gym. I found a great endo that listened and prescribed my dosage to the very high end of normal. I felt like I could do anything. My training went through the roof, I wasn't run down all the time anymore and I generally felt great. But as you know life throws things at us and my training got pushed to the back burner and I sometimes wasn't real consistent with my pins and one thing led to another and after a few years I got tired of pinning every week so I went off cold turkey. After a year or so of feeling like crap I went back to my endo and started over. Things went back to great again and life was good. I repeated this on/off scenario a couple of times in the past 24 years. Yes you'll get tired of pinning. Yes you'll have good and bad days still. But in the long run you'll be much happier and healthier if you follow your TRT regimen as laid out by your doctor. You owe it to yourself to at least give it shot. No pun intended there. I think the benefits out weigh the frustration of feeling bad and the pinning. If you have questions don't hesitate to ask.

Also get over into the TRT / hormone replacement section and look around. You'll find help anywhere on this forum.
    Yeah. I have been studying the trt section. Actually reading through all the stickies I can find. Knowledge is power. That's for the reply. We will see what the doc says after my next round of labs. If I am not happy then I can always find another doc. I may even try an endo. May be more receptive to my concerns. Just have to wait and see. Until then, I will keep researching all I can find.

Couchlock is offline Banned

Yeah. I have been studying the trt section. Actually reading through all the stickies I can find. Knowledge is power. That's for the reply. We will see what the doc says after my next round of labs. If I am not happy then I can always find another doc. I may even try an endo. May be more receptive to my concerns. Just have to wait and see. Until then, I will keep researching all I can find.
    You look great for 40, even if you were a 20 yo, good body

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I would imagine that the doc will not make a decision until he sees the free test results.

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    I keep debating using AAS. I am 40 years old. I weigh 180 or so pounds. I am probably 15-18 percent body fat. I am pretty healthy. I am on no meds. I run a little. I crossfit a few days a week. I workout 5 days a week. I have been consistent for over a year. I have worked out off and on since I was a teenager. I have no desire to compete as a bodybuilder. I would really like to look a?little bigger than fitness models. My diet is pretty good. I am pretty disciplined in my life.

I recently went to a Dr. for the first time in my life to get baseline labs just for curiosity. All my labs came back ok except my total test which was 204. I am going back in 2 weeks to have more labs drawn such as LH, FSH, Free Test. My Dr. said I may be a good candidate for TRT. I was really into the idea for a while. However, as I talk to people on TRT and scour the forums, I start to wonder if I really want to pin for the rest of my life. Messing with my endocrine system for a lifetime seems like a very big decision.

So now I am debating whether I should give cycling a go. My reservations are.

1. I am not sure how to approach my Dr. for mid cycle labs. Not sure how to bring this up. It seems to be a vital part of a successful cycle.

2. I have no idea where to really start acquiring gear. I find places but it would be a shot in the dark. I have a few friends that use Test and sometimes Tren . They do not worry about controlling E2 and they do not do any PCT. I bring it up to them and they just dismiss it. I feel the suffer when they come off because they keep going from stole to, well not.

I have read every sticky here I can find. I feel I have at least a basic understanding of where I should start. I just don't know where to begin. I am not even sure if I am ready as far as reaching my genetic natural potential.

As a side note, I do not feel like I did when I was 30. I train hard but don't gain like I used to and when I cut the weight doesn't come off as fast as it used to either. My sex drive, although good, is not where it was 10 years ago either.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism. I know this is kinda long and rambling. I have always wanted to try it but finding hard to know where to start to take the plunge.
    I had the same stats and the same fears. I’m glad I started TRT. It’s a game changer.

Thread Information