DinAZ is offline Associate Member

1st Cycle Plan - thinking of reducing Test?

Hi,

I had a 1st cycle planned out (test-e only) and just finished week 1 but I am thinking of lowering the dose from 500mg a week to 300mg a week (split into 2 doses). I wanted to get y'alls advice and feedback. What do you think? Here is more details if you want them:

I am 38 years old and have been an athlete and lifted years when I was younger, but had several bad injuries (I was a passenger in a 3X SUV Rollover while towing a truck)only have been lifting again for about 9 months. I know AAS are a bad idea unless I am in much better shape so I am not looking at any AAS other than testosterone . I bought a bunch of herbs that helped increase natural testosterone and it made me feel a little better but it barely a little bit, and it was expensive, so I decided to stop wasting my time with that and do some research. I had a 500mg test-e cycle planned out because I have read a lot of stuff online where people talk like 500mg-600mg is the minimum worth even doing, but the more I read from knowledgeable and experience people the more I see the "less is more" attitude. Based on this am rethinking my cycle...I'd prefer to have them planned ahead and never adjust mid cycle like this but as a newb I'd rather adjust and go down than over do it.

Also, I may look into TRT in the future, but right now I have decided to do a Test-E cycle on my own. I am not trying to discuss if this is a good idea or not, I am aware of the risks and I am going to be responsible about getting labs done regularly and make sure to monitor my health closely. I have both aromasin and nolvadex on hand as well.

My original plan was:
    -Plan 1) 500mg Test-E for 10 weeks

I keep reading about how less is more, and how I can always up the dosage for future cycles, so I have been thinking of adjusting this 1st cycle of mine to be lighter on the Test! What do you think?

Question: Does this sound better?
    -Plan 2) ~300mg Test-E for 12 weeks
    week 1-2: 500mg Test-E (250mg 2x a week)
    week 3-12: 300mg Test-E (150mg 2X a week)

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    I have decided to conclude the 500mg week 2, and then drop down to around 250 or 300mg per week. I'm sure this kind of question has been asked a million times, but I just wanted to post my decision in case any other new users read this thread. I will post more experiences after the test cycle. At that point I will take time off for PCT and to reevaluate what comes next. Possibly look into TRT down the road, we will see what labs look like.

rise_against is offline Junior Member
    300mg is a good first dose. 500mg can cause side effects for some people. Not a bad idea to start lower to see how you react

Thread Information