Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By DinAZ
  • 1 Post By SampsonandDelilah

Thread: Vodka for constipation and bloat?

Third Tier is online now Associate Member

Vodka for constipation and bloat?

What’s up everyone …do t know if it’s just me but whenever I get constipated from high protein I’ve noticed if I have a few shots of vodka at night. It usually helps in giving me a pretty good bowel movement and cleans me out the next morning. Anybody ever notice or try this?

lawrie95 is offline New Member
    Not sure about you, I find I only bloat if I eat over a certain amount of protein in one sitting. Anything more than 75g usually sets off stomach cramps.
    I can tolerate quite a high amount of protein over the day, just has to be spread out nicely

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Tier View Post
    What’s up everyone …do t know if it’s just me but whenever I get constipated from high protein I’ve noticed if I have a few shots of vodka at night. It usually helps in giving me a pretty good bowel movement and cleans me out the next morning. Anybody ever notice or try this?
    I prefer magnesium. I get some flavored magnesium powder called CALM and I drink it in the evening or before bed. I don't drink much these days and if I choose to drink it is going to be for social fun not because I need to take a dump but to each their own.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Are you getting your protein from dairy-based things (like whey)?

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    I prefer magnesium. I get some flavored magnesium powder called CALM and I drink it in the evening or before bed. I don't drink much these days and if I choose to drink it is going to be for social fun not because I need to take a dump but to each their own.
    I hear good things about Calm. My brother uses it. I don’t drink vodka to take a dump. I like vodka and it just happens to make me take nice dumps . Lol

DinAZ is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Third Tier View Post
    I hear good things about Calm. My brother uses it. I don’t drink vodka to take a dump. I like vodka and it just happens to make me take nice dumps . Lol
    Well in that case it sounds like a win/win! I drank plenty of booze in my younger days so now If I want a head change I'd rather take advantage of my MMJ card or something non-addictive that doesn't have calories. I still love a cold beer, bloody mary, margarita, etc on occasion though just not on a weekly (or daily) basis anymore.

The magnesium in Calm is supposed to help stress relief, sleep, and anxiety but the only thing I noticed for sure is that it makes my dumps not hard lol. Maybe it is helping my sleep a little, who knows.

Do you take a lot of whey protein? I think Honkey_Kong might be on to something. With a clean diet and moderate protein intake I don't have any problems even when I forgot to drink the magnesium before bed. A few months ago I switched to a higher protein intake with lotsa whey and now I don't get full on constipated but it did make for harder dumps if I forget the magnesium before bed.

Are you cycling right now? Dehydration can also cause hard dumps. We are both in pretty warm climates. I think the summer weather + 6 day a week workouts + Test-E is making me need a ton more water than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by DinAZ View Post
    Well in that case it sounds like a win/win! I drank plenty of booze in my younger days so now If I want a head change I'd rather take advantage of my MMJ card or something non-addictive that doesn't have calories. I still love a cold beer, bloody mary, margarita, etc on occasion though just not on a weekly (or daily) basis anymore.

The magnesium in Calm is supposed to help stress relief, sleep, and anxiety but the only thing I noticed for sure is that it makes my dumps not hard lol. Maybe it is helping my sleep a little, who knows.

Do you take a lot of whey protein? I think Honkey_Kong might be on to something. With a clean diet and moderate protein intake I don't have any problems even when I forgot to drink the magnesium before bed. A few months ago I switched to a higher protein intake with lotsa whey and now I don't get full on constipated but it did make for harder dumps if I forget the magnesium before bed.

Are you cycling right now? Dehydration can also cause hard dumps. We are both in pretty warm climates. I think the summer weather + 6 day a week workouts + Test-E is making me need a ton more water than normal.
    No not cycling right now. Trying to rehab me back . Found out I have 2 herniated discs and was bed ridden for about 2 weeks in May . Damn discs were pushing on my sciatic nerve . Worst pain ever .

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here’s another vote for Calm…my wife turned me onto it. Good stuff.

Have never used vodka for constipation but I have mixed it with soda for a very good time
    (Preferably Tito’s)
    Third Tier likes this.

Thread Information