Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 131
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Where to buy bitcoins?

  1. #41
    Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    184
    Above my head

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    They are just games that earn you bits of coins for fun

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Nice to see bitcoin climbing again. It was up to 10,700 this morning when I checked

  4. #44
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    18,602
    Thanks for all of this info and effort, Bio!


    I did get a Blockchain wallet setup. Maybe this weekend I'll venture into buying btc and moving it it into my Blockchain wallet.


    Edit: I did find a local cryptocurrency ATM as well. How much of a PITA is it to go that route and what info would I need to have on hand to buy and move it to my Blockchain wallet?
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-28-2018 at 03:29 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Thanks for all of this info and effort, Bio!


    I did get a Blockchain wallet setup. Maybe this weekend I'll venture into buying btc and moving it it into my Blockchain wallet.


    Edit: I did find a local cryptocurrency ATM as well. How much of a PITA is it to go that route and what info would I need to have on hand to buy and move it to my Blockchain wallet?
    Do not bother with Coin base Go to he ATM and send the coins directly to block chain. All you will have to do is click Receive in the Block chain App and scan the QR Code at the ATM and it will put the coin straight to Your BC Wallet

  6. #46
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    18,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Do not bother with Coin base Go to he ATM and send the coins directly to block chain. All you will have to do is click Receive in the Block chain App and scan the QR Code at the ATM and it will put the coin straight to Your BC Wallet
    F-in awesome! Thanks, Bio!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    F-in awesome! Thanks, Bio!
    Welcome to a much easier way of doing things brother!!

  8. #48
    Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    184
    So, I wanna purchase something and the site states not to use Coinbase cause they will cancel my acct. They suggest blockchain. I opened a BC wallet. My question is, is it safe to keep LTC in coinbase until I want to move to BC and change to BTC to then make purchases with or am I making this too difficult?

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    So, I wanna purchase something and the site states not to use Coinbase cause they will cancel my acct. They suggest blockchain. I opened a BC wallet. My question is, is it safe to keep LTC in coinbase until I want to move to BC and change to BTC to then make purchases with or am I making this too difficult?
    You can but IDK why you would. there are better wallets out there for investment

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Nice jump it bitcoin value today. Back up over 11,000 my wallet likes it

  11. #51
    Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Nice jump it bitcoin value today. Back up over 11,000 my wallet likes it
    Yea not a bad day. Made almost 400 bucks since 9am today on LTC

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Boom Up to 11,500 now

  13. #53
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,446
    Bump...subbed. Thanks for this info brother. I’ve yet to delve into this crypto currency world. Not sure I fully understand it but this thread definitely helps!

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    BTC is Below 9,000 I am going to buy some today while its low

  16. #56
    Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    BTC is Below 9,000 I am going to buy some today while its low
    Wishi had a few grand to throw at it.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901

    Where to buy bitcoins?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luttrj View Post
    Wishi had a few grand to throw at it.
    I usually just do a couple hundred bucks when itís low and watch it grow

  18. #58
    Luttrj is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    I usually just do a couple hundred bucks when it’s low and watch it grow
    That's what i did at $8956.

  19. #59
    gymffiti's Avatar
    gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    186
    I've used Binance once, but found it overly complicated tbh

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by gymffiti View Post
    I've used Binance once, but found it overly complicated tbh
    use the phone app its much easier to grasp

  21. #61
    gymffiti's Avatar
    gymffiti is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    use the phone app its much easier to grasp
    Yeah, it's a little better. I was just dipping my toe into the world of crypto.

    I got a few Cardano ... Don't laugh lol

  22. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by gymffiti View Post
    Yeah, it's a little better. I was just dipping my toe into the world of crypto.

    I got a few Cardano ... Don't laugh lol
    I have some of that along with Tron.... Make sure to grab some BNB use BNB to pay the binance fee's and its 50 % less

  23. #63
    XBiker's Avatar
    XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Over there.
    Posts
    1,392
    Haven't been on this board in a long while, log in for the heck of it and see a Crypto subforum.

    Very cool as I'm in to crypto and have been for quite some time.

  24. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by XBiker View Post
    Haven't been on this board in a long while, log in for the heck of it and see a Crypto subforum.

    Very cool as I'm in to crypto and have been for quite some time.
    Which ones are you investing in?

  25. #65
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is online now Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    22,051
    man, just finding this thread!

    Bio, what app do you suggest using for this?

    I need to do some homework. Have no clue how to start but going to check out that other thread.

    I know I am late to the game, hoping I can find some to make a lil profit

  26. #66
    OdinsOtherSon's Avatar
    OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,446
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    man, just finding this thread!

    Bio, what app do you suggest using for this?

    I need to do some homework. Have no clue how to start but going to check out that other thread.

    I know I am late to the game, hoping I can find some to make a lil profit
    You and me both, RC

  27. #67
    Couchlockd's Avatar
    Couchlockd is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    aka m.hornbuckle
    Posts
    1,445
    so wait. if i move bitcoin I purchased at $9k to block chain, and the maker climbs to $11k, my block chain stored coins are froze at $9k?

  28. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    You move them at whatever the going rate is cause thatís what there worth you own the same amount of coin itís value just fluxes

  29. #69
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1
    I hate to seem so dumb . But I am 58 and see many online supplement companies using that as opposed to a credit card ? If you would please offer a dumbed down simple way to understand Cryptocurrency how to make money with it and simple ways to get involved ? I know that on this forum many hate to spoon feed any one person ! But I know a young man like 21 that invested early a year ago and he made several 100 thousand dollars in less than a year . He went from failing Coast Guard boot camp to buying 2 new cars for cash and bought $400,000.00 home in Utah and paid for over half of the home down and is making more money but he will not share much info ??? He got a second mortgage on the home and reinvested and he never even goes to work ? Please be tempered with my question .
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 04-22-2018 at 01:15 PM.

  30. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901

  31. #71
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    I hate to seem so dumb . But I am 58 and see many online supplement companies using that as opposed to a credit card ? If you would please offer a dumbed down simple way to understand Cryptocurrency how to make money with it and simple ways to get involved ? I know that on this forum many hate to spoon feed any one person ! But I know a young man like 21 that invested early a year ago and he made several 100 thousand dollars in less than a year . He went from failing Coast Guard boot camp to buying 2 new cars for cash and bought $400,000.00 home in Utah and paid for over half of the home down and is making more money but he will not share much info ??? He got a second mortgage on the home and reinvested and he never even goes to work ? Please be tempered with my question .
    You are asking a very broad question that its not easy to answer, it seems you are asking about crypto in terms of investment, not in terms of using the crypto coins to buy stuff, right?

    As an investment it is true that some early investors got crazy profits, but also they invested their money into something that was useless at the time, and in many aspects even now it still has a lot of development to do before going mainstream.
    For example, if you would spend 1000$ in 2012 when each was worth 1$ or less, you would have 1000 bitcoins. At todays price it would be worth 8.8 millions, but back in december it was almost worth 20 millions USD.

    The problem with all this is that would mean going all this years without cashing out, and if you bought at 1$ it would be very hard not sell it in 2014 when it reached 1000$, at least thats my opinion.

    Now on the opposite side if you bought in the 2014 peak of 1000$, you would have to wait 3 years just to break even, as it went down to 300.

    Do I mean with all this... it is very volatile and nowadays it is more speculation than ever, as bitcoin technology is completely outdated (network cannot handle the number of transactions).

    Adding up you have the altcoins which are called alt from 'alternative', basically every crypto currency that is not bitcoin is an altcoin, and the famous ICOs (initial coin offers). It is very hard to keep up with the market, and some movements are either insiders or complete random.

    So, if you want to invest there is a lot of things you need to learn, from the technology, to the exchanges, to the crypto wallets. Also you need to have some degree of computer knowledge or you might open yourself to crypto theft, and no police will be able to return your funds, it will be lost forever.

    Dont know if I helped much, but like I said you made a very open question. Try reading something about it, and hit us with more specific questions.

  32. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You are asking a very broad question that its not easy to answer, it seems you are asking about crypto in terms of investment, not in terms of using the crypto coins to buy stuff, right?

    As an investment it is true that some early investors got crazy profits, but also they invested their money into something that was useless at the time, and in many aspects even now it still has a lot of development to do before going mainstream.
    For example, if you would spend 1000$ in 2012 when each was worth 1$ or less, you would have 1000 bitcoins. At todays price it would be worth 8.8 millions, but back in december it was almost worth 20 millions USD.

    The problem with all this is that would mean going all this years without cashing out, and if you bought at 1$ it would be very hard not sell it in 2014 when it reached 1000$, at least thats my opinion.

    Now on the opposite side if you bought in the 2014 peak of 1000$, you would have to wait 3 years just to break even, as it went down to 300.

    Do I mean with all this... it is very volatile and nowadays it is more speculation than ever, as bitcoin technology is completely outdated (network cannot handle the number of transactions).

    Adding up you have the altcoins which are called alt from 'alternative', basically every crypto currency that is not bitcoin is an altcoin, and the famous ICOs (initial coin offers). It is very hard to keep up with the market, and some movements are either insiders or complete random.

    So, if you want to invest there is a lot of things you need to learn, from the technology, to the exchanges, to the crypto wallets. Also you need to have some degree of computer knowledge or you might open yourself to crypto theft, and no police will be able to return your funds, it will be lost forever.

    Dont know if I helped much, but like I said you made a very open question. Try reading something about it, and hit us with more specific questions.
    Agree right now idk if I would be doing a lot of investing. The price could still drop and loose big. A lot of guys that made good money were investing in ether when it wasnít worth much at all . I buy a little at a time when the value drops below 7 thousand use it to buy stuff when the value goes up. Not trying to make huge gains. To much risk

  33. #73
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    You are asking a very broad question that its not easy to answer, it seems you are asking about crypto in terms of investment, not in terms of using the crypto coins to buy stuff, right?

    As an investment it is true that some early investors got crazy profits, but also they invested their money into something that was useless at the time, and in many aspects even now it still has a lot of development to do before going mainstream.
    For example, if you would spend 1000$ in 2012 when each was worth 1$ or less, you would have 1000 bitcoins. At todays price it would be worth 8.8 millions, but back in december it was almost worth 20 millions USD.

    The problem with all this is that would mean going all this years without cashing out, and if you bought at 1$ it would be very hard not sell it in 2014 when it reached 1000$, at least thats my opinion.

    Now on the opposite side if you bought in the 2014 peak of 1000$, you would have to wait 3 years just to break even, as it went down to 300.

    Do I mean with all this... it is very volatile and nowadays it is more speculation than ever, as bitcoin technology is completely outdated (network cannot handle the number of transactions).

    Adding up you have the altcoins which are called alt from 'alternative', basically every crypto currency that is not bitcoin is an altcoin, and the famous ICOs (initial coin offers). It is very hard to keep up with the market, and some movements are either insiders or complete random.

    So, if you want to invest there is a lot of things you need to learn, from the technology, to the exchanges, to the crypto wallets. Also you need to have some degree of computer knowledge or you might open yourself to crypto theft, and no police will be able to return your funds, it will be lost forever.
    Concerning

    Dont know if I helped much, but like I said you made a very open question. Try reading something about it, and hit us with more specific questions.
    Sorry for my shotgun question like I said I am not up to speed ! Thank you very much BB I guess I was not plain . you did answer part of my question but how do I buy them to use with a slush fund of extra $$$ just sitting here and I do not know how to use on my HCG website that is very popular with members on this site . it has HCG in the name . Thank you and please carry on ! You seem to have a good grasp of the system and I need HCG , lol !

  34. #74
    BenTren is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    186
    I normally buy BTC through Coinbase then store the bitcoins in a blockchain address. Many silk road secrets :P Enjoy!

  35. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    22,901
    Look and see if you have a bitcoin atm in your area. Thatís the easiest way cause you can buy and send them directly to your blockchain wallet

  36. #76
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTren View Post
    I normally buy BTC through Coinbase then store the bitcoins in a blockchain address. Many silk road secrets :P Enjoy!
    Thats very easy to trace it back to you, you know that right?

  37. #77
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Sorry for my shotgun question like I said I am not up to speed ! Thank you very much BB I guess I was not plain . you did answer part of my question but how do I buy them to use with a slush fund of extra $$$ just sitting here and I do not know how to use on my HCG website that is very popular with members on this site . it has HCG in the name . Thank you and please carry on ! You seem to have a good grasp of the system and I need HCG , lol !
    I dont know which site you are talking about but that doesnt matter as they are all the same. Best way is to use ether or litecoin which will have much lower fees, and will be much faster than the old king bitcoin. Sweet would be ATM cash to ether, which would transfer your eth coins to your crypto wallet (very easy set at MEW), this would be untraceable.

    Alternatively you can use monero or zcash if you are worried about anonimity.

    If you are not worried about anonimity, just set up a coinbase account, if you want to avoid fees you need to learn how to use its exchange GDAX. Buy the coins with credit card or T/T and pay at website, using the address and value provided by them.

    Crypto is still not very user-friendly I have to say. There are some apps being developed to try and tackle this.

  38. #78
    BuzzardMarinePumper's Avatar
    BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    N. GA. Jaw Ja N A Cave
    Posts
    1,584
    Blog Entries
    1
    Would I need the consider a registered address if just using for HCG and some peptide sites

    What type of fees ? straight up % or by transaction are they expensive .......Say $500.00 would have a fee amount ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 04-23-2018 at 05:23 PM.

  39. #79
    Mr.BB's Avatar
    Mr.BB is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    HOME
    Posts
    6,857
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    Would I need the consider a registered address if just using for HCG and some peptide sites

    What type of fees ? straight up % or by transaction are they expensive .......Say $500.00 would have a fee amount ?
    Dont know what you mean by registered address.

    Coinbase has 4% fees on T/T, and Im not sure but maybe 6% (or more) for credit card... Dont know as I dont use CC, lol.

    Then you have crypto fees to transfer the crypto coins. Bitcoin fee is expensive, can be over 10$, ETH is a few cents, it varies in time, you can check here how is the eth network fees and speed: https://ethgasstation.info/. Usually litecoin is more or less same as eth.

  40. #80
    BenTren is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Universe
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Thats very easy to trace it back to you, you know that right?
    mmm i mean if on the off chance anyone did decide to trace that single transaction of BTC where probably hundreds of thousands of transactions of bitcoins are made daily probably yeah. If you're washing your bitcoins you can do that but it's a waste of time and BTC. If you ever do a transaction and do a PGP encryption it's highly unlikely. It's still a risk tho yolo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •