I've been reading HGH threads and trying to google medical studies for the past hour and havent been able to find a definitive ansewer. I found a few med studies on rats which seem to idicate that GH helped with spinal cord injuries but did not really explain the extent of the injuries...

I just and an MRI done on my back because of on going problems and a flare up after I reinjuried it at Jiu Jitsu

The mri results are as follows

There is no safittal scout available and vertebral levels will be here described by using typical pattern.

Cord conus is unremarkable and lies at T12-L1 level. There is mild defenerative disc narrowing L3-4 to L5-S1 inclusive with dimished T2 disc signal likely degenerative in etiology. Vertebral body heights and marrow signal are unremarkable. Upper lumber disc levels show no stenosis or disc hernia nor nerve impingment.

At L3-4 there is minimal broad posterior osteochondral bar/disc bulge which is slightly more prominent centrally and indents the anterior thecal sac. It causes no significant central canal nor neural foraminal stenosis though it is associated with mild narrowing of the right lateral recess where the travering right l4 nerve root is abuteed but not grossly compressed. Mild facet hypertrophy contributes to this right lateral recess narrowing.

At L4-5 disc level there is a minimal broad posterior osteochondral bar/disc bulge with mild annular tear. There is no significant central canal nor neural foraminal stenosis. There is again minimal narrowing of bilateral lateral recesses where the bilateral traversing L5 nerve roots are abutted but not grossly compressed.

At the L5-S1 disc level there is a minimal central posterior disc bulge but there is no significant stenosis nor nerve impingment. There is no remarkable paravertebral soft tissue abnormality.

OPINION: Mild disc bulges at L3-4 and L4-5 result in mild lateral recess stenoses with the traversing nerve roots abutted and likely mildly impinged at these levels.

No sigificant central canal nor neural foraminal stenosis demonstrated.

So basicly I got 3 bulged disc L5-S1 L3-4 L4-5.

L5-S1 isnt causing problems from the looks of things

L3-4 is bulged and might be mildly impinging.

L4-5 has a mild tear and is bulged aswell

Would HGH help in the healing in the torn disc? I cant really see it helping with the bulges but opinions would be nice. I'm gonna ask my Dr. about it when hes back but I want to see what people think so I have more info for when I talk to him

Would the Collagen Synthasis effect from the HGH help with the Disc repair at L4-5?

I'm thinking about doing 2IUs a day which seems to be the norm. As for days on or off I'm not quiet sure. I've seen people doing it straight 7 days a week and epople doing 5 on 2 off. Whats the deal with that?

Thanks alot.