lawstudent007 is offline Female Member

Question Starting HGH this week...Need some Feedback

Brand: Teva-tropin / Tev-tropin (also written without dashes)

Ok, so I’ve researched the boards and the net for quite some time, and have even spoken to a few anti-aging clinic reps. Everyone seems to think that they’re advice is best. Now I’m a bit unsure on how I should take the HGH injections and what time of day is best. Here’s what my doctor recommended:

4 days on & 3 days off (Inject: M, T, Th, F)
    7.5iu weekly – 1.875iu daily
    1 injection daily: SubQ -In stomach, at least 1 inch fr either side of belly button
    Avoid injecting: 1st thing in the am, or right before bed, or right after a workout.

Yet some people have told me to divide it into 2 shots a day, and do it 5on/2off. Some have also said that the best time to inject is right before bed. I was even told (at one point) that HGH would not help me in weight (fat) loss and that Hcg would be faster for weight loss. I’m not interested in clen or any others like it. So what’s the deal with all these contradictions? Also, is it better to start off with a small dose of HGH (like 1-1.5iu) and then build up, or start straight at 2iu?

Based on all of my research, here’s what I think my approach should be:

Schedule/Dosage:
    4 on / 3 off (Inject: M, T, Th, F)
    2 injections daily: .75iu per injection (equals 1.5iu a day)
    Then move to 1iu per injection (equals 2iu per day)

Location/Time:
    SubQ - (stomach area), a couple hrs after waking up, and then evening time around 5pm.

Well, I’m asking for some feedback and (perhaps) more contradictions. Please let me know what you think. Keep in mind that I am a woman. I’m about 6ft and roughly 230lbs. My ideal is 180lbs. I had surgery on my leg earlier this year, so I postponed starting hgh. Now I’m back at the gym 5x a week and I have my diet back in check. I only purchased a month’s worth for now, but doctor said I can just call in to reorder. Thanks guys!

ScotchGuard is offline Senior Member
    Women are especially sensitive to HGH. I would start at .5iu/day and see how you feel for 10 days. HGH is a long term use product so no sense in rushing. If you feel sides like tightness in the hands, puffy cheeks, pain in the joints, lower th dosage even more. It's better to be safe. You can pin .5iu in one sitting you don't have to split it up. I think 1.5iu/day is a little to much to start. Like I said, women seem sensitive to HGH. I would take the shot about one hour before or after a carbo intake in the morning. The body pulses natural GH during REM sleep so it is advised not to take HGH right before you sleep which might disrupt the pulsing of your natural GH.

After 10 days, if there are no sides then move to 1iu/day. In my opinion you can pin 1iu/day in one sitting. You don't have to split it up. I'd rather be stuck once a day than twice a day. See how you feel for 10 days. Then increase to 1.5iu. Then you can .75iu in the am and .75iu in the pm. Each shot taking place 1 hour before or after a meal.

The 4on/3off or 5on/20ff or 6on/1off is purely because of financial reasons. If you can afford it run HGH everyday. I've been on HGH for 11 months and I love it. It has increased my quality of life. I'm 50 so I'm no spring chicken but I feel and look like I'm in my 30's. Have fun with HGH. Go slow.

Fixr is offline Associate Member
    My wife is 5'10" and about 160 lbs and loves GH. She started her first run of GH at 1iu per day and moved up to 1.5 iu per day on a 5/2 schedule. We tried 2 iu for a bit but she started to have the typical side effects so we backed off to her comfort zone of 1.5 iu. We take our shots first thing in the AM and avoid any simple sugars for an hour before(usually sleeping anyway) and an hour after to alleviate any insulin resistance issues. Scotchguard has given you some sound advice about moving slowly. GH is a very subtle and slow acting substance as far as visible results go. I dont think you need to break your daily doses up into multiple shots each day. At your relatively low dose one shot will be fine. You are going to love being on GH and you will lose fat as long as you stay with it for more than a few months. Good luck!

P.S.- I kept a log of my first Gh experience in the over 40 section a few years back. Its not bad reading and it also gives you a reference of the time it takes for the GH to start working. Here it is.
    My HGH Experience-Weekly Log

ScotchGuard: Thanks for the info....It seemed like my doc wanted me to start at 2 iu a day! I'll definitely take heed to your advice.

Fixr: Thanks for the info, I'm readign your old posts now. I get so anxious that I'll probably end up going through it in one sitting, lol. I do have a few more questions for you regarding your wife. Can you give me more details on her results (i.e. starting weight, weight loss, time frame, bwenefits she experience as related to a woman, etc)?

I initially thought about doing Hcg at first, to lose more fat and then transfer to HGH. Has anyone done this before?

So that x days off and x days on thing has nothing to do with medical benefits or maximum absorption, etc? It's just about what you can afford?

What about the bloating on hgh, how common is it in women?
    Last edited by lawstudent007; 11-17-2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Added More Questions

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Fixr View Post
    Oh hell yea! It used to be the size of a large cucumber and now, well now its more like a giant zucchini with a bend in the middle.

I might not hit bottom anymore, but I beat the hell out of the sides

HAHAHAHA. This was quoted from your ghg journal. Is this true? If so, this takes on a whole new meaning for me: Either find a man on hgh or give a man I like hgh and say it's b12, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lawstudent007 View Post
    HAHAHAHA. This was quoted from your ghg journal. Is this true? If so, this takes on a whole new meaning for me: Either find a man on hgh or give a man I like hgh and say it's b12, lol.
    It was a joke. Mostly. GH did seem to help in all aspects involving that part of the male anatomy to some degree.

My wife was an insomniac until she started GH, after she slept like a baby. It worked miracles for her back problems, sent her sex drive through the roof, and it works miracles on your skin. As far as weight loss goes, she did but I will have to ask her exactly how much. She is pretty lean to begin with, so there were no huge changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixr View Post
    It was a joke. Mostly. GH did seem to help in all aspects involving that part of the male anatomy to some degree.
    Hahaha...oops. I got all wide eyed, lol. Oh, can you also please ask her about how much bloating she experienced and also if it doubled around her menstrual cycle. Thanks Fixr

Another question about HGH dosage

I've been lurking through a few other forums and noticed several posts about the amount of hgh a woman shoud be on is also based on how much she weighs. Here's an example:

"Whats her weight ? 1 iu up to 140-150lbs or so and 1.5-2iu's if she's alot bigger. but I wouldn't go any higher. for at least 6 mo."

So how true is this? How much weight should I give it? I have alot of confidence in the experienced members on this board and feel like the info I get on this board is more adequate. However, I wanted to throw this out there....

I still say that you're better off starting slow. HCG first? I know a bunch of people who did the HCG diet and lost 20lbs to 35lbs in one month. WOW! I always wondered if it was the HCG or the 500 calories a day that melted the fat away. For me, I'd just go straight with the HGH + leaning diet. I think you'll see great results after about two months.

Thanks for all the info guys....I offically start tomorrow am with 1iu a day, 4on/3off or 5on/2off (still undecided).

Just an FYI:

On my Rx box it said to Add 1.5ml of BW and to inject 0.2ml (2 units) daily. Basically 2iu a day for 7 days on.
    My Dr. said to take 1.8iu day 4on/3off.
    Last edited by lawstudent007; 11-25-2009 at 12:28 AM.

The Deuce is offline Anabolic Member
    Guess the rest of these guys beat me to it...

But !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will put this in.. Don't rush it.. start out slow.. I tried rushing it with mine and ended up with TERRIBLE HEADACHES.. debilitating .. couldn't even get out of bed..

reduced the dose now I am fine and gradually climbing back up the scale !!!

So if I were you.. I would start at .5iu's per day for 2 weeks.. then.. from there.. switch to 1iu and start on 2 times per day injections..

also.. If you can.. and you wake up at say.. ohhhhhhhhhhhh 5a.m. do your shot then... GH goes off of pulsation.. u have your natural pulse at bed time after you hit that awesome REM sleep.. so it will die down after about 2-3 hours so that's why it's best to re-boost yourself before you get up for the day or.. right when you get up...

Reason being.. YOU WANT ZERO SUGAR 1hr before the inject and 2hr's after the inject.. so that's why 5am usually works THE BEST for people...

Now... like I said don't rush a good thing.. once you start getting used to it.. switch from sub-q to IM shots... because.. well to be honest.. it will hit the body a lot quicker so you can utilize it best.. if you stay with sub-q it takes longer to process and believe it or not.. some of it will degrade and be useless when shot sub-q.

**I learned all my knowledge about GH from the GURU of all things Growth and Peptide related.. DATBTRUE**

Anyways.. IM is definitely so much better form of administration of GH than sub-q... i prefer it myself... but to each their own.. it will work either way..

The next best time to shoot it for your 2nd inject of the day would be mid-afternoon.. or approx. 5 hrs after your 1st shot.. if this can't be done.. at least don't do the shot 3 hours before you plan on snoozing...

Contrary to popular belief it is one of the better times to do it PWO.. so keep that in mind...

HOPE ALL THIS HELPS And GOOD LUCK.. I shall follow your progress !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd also like to keep tabs on your progress. I don't have a lot of data on women using HGH. If you'd post some stats as you go into your cycle it would be nice to see how you feel.

RoachForLife19 is offline Associate Member
    nothing for 2hours after? Is that accurate, or just for sugars? What ive read is closer to one hour before and one hour after

Also curious how everything worked out for the OP

Thread Information