Thread: shoulder injury

OldPLer is offline Associate Member

shoulder injury

Hey Doc Sust, havent been around much anymore but thought I would let you know about shoulder problem I asked you about a long time ago. After finally going to Ortho he xrayed and did MRI and then told me the bad news. It is arthritis and as he said it will not get better, oh well guess it just wore out. He is same ortho that works with Astros and he said my shoulder and Jeff Bagwells are about the same. He said to just do what I want to and take motrin when it hurts, ice it after exercise and come back to him in 10 or 15 years for shoulder replacement. Rotator cuff is fine just bone on bone in too many places. Oh well at least now I know what it is and will keep working out around it, just doing what I can. I saw where you are getting ready for a meet soon, good luck.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPLer
    Hey Doc Sust, havent been around much anymore but thought I would let you know about shoulder problem I asked you about a long time ago. After finally going to Ortho he xrayed and did MRI and then told me the bad news. It is arthritis and as he said it will not get better, oh well guess it just wore out. He is same ortho that works with Astros and he said my shoulder and Jeff Bagwells are about the same. He said to just do what I want to and take motrin when it hurts, ice it after exercise and come back to him in 10 or 15 years for shoulder replacement. Rotator cuff is fine just bone on bone in too many places. Oh well at least now I know what it is and will keep working out around it, just doing what I can. I saw where you are getting ready for a meet soon, good luck.
    the only thing i could tell you is keep strenthening the shoulder muscles including the cuff and ice. the more motion you put into the ac joint the better, it will help so The arthritis doesnt become worse, keep it light, thanks for the good wishes on the contest, this one is going to be a bitchm i lost a lot of weight to make a light weight class

Thread Information