dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hip pain during squats...

Have had this problem for months if not over a year now. When doing heavy squats as I go down and especially when going up i feel a lot of pain on the outside of my left hip and its really sucking my good leg workouts out of me. If I just apply a lot of pressure on it with my hand I can feel the same exact pain. With body weight and light weight there is no problem with pain when squatting down. But the thing is it is an on and off, sometimes not so bad, sometimes bad pain as if sometimes it heals a lot and then sometimes pain is back in full force. Also as I warm up more the pain lessens but still bothers me a good amount on those bad pain days. The pain is felt directly at the outside of where the leg connects to the hip. I don't know if its the joint itself or a muscle being pinched or something. What could I do to solve this problem?

J431S is offline Banned
    first I'd recommend u used a belt whenever u going heavy
    2nd find your comfort weight lifting range for each exercise that way u can prevent unnecssary injury.
    3rd try to get a massage once in a while if u can afford it, if not use some aspercream to reduce some of the muscle sprain.
    4th check with a doc if the problem persist whether u have insurance or not..after all it is about your health

I hope this helps

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by J431S View Post
    first I'd recommend u used a belt whenever u going heavy
    2nd find your comfort weight lifting range for each exercise that way u can prevent unnecssary injury.
    3rd try to get a massage once in a while if u can afford it, if not use some aspercream to reduce some of the muscle sprain.
    4th check with a doc if the problem persist whether u have insurance or not..after all it is about your health

I hope this helps
    WTF??
    1-I dont see how a belt has anything to do with his hip pain.
    2-What is a comfort weight lifting range?
    3-Muscle Sprain?
    4-99% of your general pracitioners would be clueless if you came to them with this question. They are going to tell you rest and ice.

It sounds like it may be an IT Band issue. I have had the same problem and it tends to come and go. I have found the best way to help was with lots of stretching. Why do I hate stretching so much when I know how good it is for me!!??

kwozza is offline Junior Member
    I agree. Stretch your whole hip and glute areas. Should be good after a few weeks of solid stretching.

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    prolotherapy might be of some help i have a snapping hip joint and am getting prolo on it along with lower back pain and upper back pain.

Going very well now

Thread Information