cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

My dad hurt his neck

My dad is older and hit hit head on the car trying to get in. He is experiencing neck pain, similar to when you sleep on your bed wrong. He describes the pain as a football player type injury where the neck is compressed a little.

I gave him a couple of my favorite neck stretches. If you have any exercises that have worked for you please post them up.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I take a dish towl or small other towel and roll it up. I then fold in half so that both ends are together. This leaves me about 2 ft of towl. Next, I take a piece of clothesline, maybe 3.5 ft long or so. I tie the two ends together. the other free end of the rope I tie a loop. Now, find a door handle that has some reasonable strength to it. Take the loop, make a slip knot, and cinch around the door knob. the towel is more than touching the floor. Laying face up, head next to the door, stick head into towel, aound neck. We are going for traction here, so once the head is fairly secure, then scoot away from door. This will pull rope tight. Knees up is less tight, knees down more tight. Adjust as necessary, and allow 3 to 5 minutes. I like to rotate head in cradle, and can hear my neck cracking, much like cracking knuckles.

I don't think I explained very well. If you like, email, not PM me, and i can send you a pic of how this thing looks.

Since this is traction, it works well with compression injuries.

Thread Information