aussie_bodybuilda is offline Associate Member

saw shoulder from chest workout !! ( left anterior deltoid )

my left anterior deltoid has been hurting since my chest workout 3 days ago, the pain wont go away..... wat can i do?? ive tried streching it heaps.... and put some muscle cream on it and tried massaging it and pain still stays!!! any help plz...

37 views and no help !! guess im screwed lol

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    It's prob tendinitis, but you should really see a doctor. Don't do any exercises that aggravate it, you're gonna need to let it rest or it will only get worse. Ice it for 20 mins every four hours and take 800 mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours (unless of course you're allergic to ibuprofen or something like that). Finally make a doctors appt. If you've been going heavy week after week, it's all catching up to you, your tendons and ligaments don't have the proper blood supply to heal as quickly as your muscles.

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    thats why I don't bench any more

too much strain on the anterior delts

DB's ftw

dmk327 is offline Associate Member
    See an orthopedic surgeon. If its that bad they will probably confirm with an MRI and set up surgery asap

dont think it needs surgery its not hurting that much but its annoying wen i wanna do chest or shoulders cus it hurts way more then it should and its only 1 shoulder , i think its cus ive been going 2 heavy ? but its annoying never used to happen until now.

yeh its definately the left front anterior deltoid from benching, it doesnt hurt as much now but it hurts wen i do any movements involving that lil muscle, its feels a bit swolen / puffy and hurts wen i strech it / try to move my arm up more then usual not heaps but definately can feel it, ive tried icing it and heat creams, duno wat else to do, wat would the doctor even do if i went to see him? probly tell me the same stuff ive already done?

Yeah he'll tell you to keep icing it as it will help with inflammation and pain, and to take some NSAIDs every 4 hours also to help with the inflammation and pain. Other than that it just takes time. The important thing is to NOT use it, I know it's hard to miss some workouts, but if you try to work through the pain it's only going to get worse and you'll be out of the game even longer and possibly doing some permanent damage.

mmmmm how long u rekon tho? only time can tell ? or ? im on cycle aswell test-e 500mg a week, so it should heal faster then usual ?

Wait until the pain is gone and then wait 2 weeks on top of that, if the pain comes back lay off some more. You can really wreck yourself trying to work through the pain. I had the same (if not similar) thing a few years back, I worked through the pain until it got so bad I couldn't even push a door open with that arm, I ended up waiting like 3 months before I could start some physical therapy for it, but since I practice proper rest and deload with my lifting and it hasn't come back. Hopefully your wait won't be as long considering it didn't get to the degree that mine was.

Thread Information