Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

BPC 157 - The new healing Peptide for tendons???

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21030672

The promoting effect of pentadecapeptide BPC 157 on tendon healing involves tendon outgrowth, cell survival, and cell migration.

Chang CH, Tsai WC, Lin MS, Hsu YH, Pang JH.

Source

Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung Univ., 259 Wen-Hwa 1st Rd., Kwei-Shan, Tao-Yuan 333, Taiwan, Republic of China.

Abstract

Pentadecapeptide BPC 157, composed of 15 amino acids, is a partial sequence of body protection compound (BPC) that is discovered in and isolated from human gastric juice. Experimentally it has been demonstrated to accelerate the healing of many different wounds, including transected rat Achilles tendon. This study was designed to investigate the potential mechanism of BPC 157 to enhance healing of injured tendon. The outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants cultured with or without BPC 157 was examined. Results showed that BPC 157 significantly accelerated the outgrowth of tendon explants. Cell proliferation of cultured tendon fibroblasts derived from rat Achilles tendon was not directly affected by BPC 157 as evaluated by MTT assay. However, the survival of BPC 157-treated cells was significantly increased under the H(2)O(2) stress. BPC 157 markedly increased the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts in a dose-dependent manner as revealed by transwell filter migration assay. BPC 157 also dose dependently accelerated the spreading of tendon fibroblasts on culture dishes. The F-actin formation as detected by FITC-phalloidin staining was induced in BPC 157-treated fibroblasts. The protein expression and activation of FAK and paxillin were determined by Western blot analysis, and the phosphorylation levels of both FAK and paxillin were dose dependently increased by BPC 157 while the total amounts of protein was unaltered. In conclusion, BPC 157 promotes the ex vivo outgrowth of tendon fibroblasts from tendon explants, cell survival under stress, and the in vitro migration of tendon fibroblasts, which is likely mediated by the activation of the FAK-paxillin pathway.

optionsdude is offline Member
    Nice post Times,been following your TB500 log. So when are you gonna try this out? I'd be interested in how it would work on tendonitis. I've got mine somewhat under control but I can tell sometimes it really wants to make another comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by optionsdude View Post
    Nice post Times,been following your TB500 log. So when are you gonna try this out? I'd be interested in how it would work on tendonitis. I've got mine somewhat under control but I can tell sometimes it really wants to make another comeback.
    The list of things i want to try and create a proper log for here at the board are growing. First I want to try GW. Then maybe this. sometime early next year?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You really need to stop finding new stuff to try out. lol Hopefully the TB500 works like it should The BPC 157 sound interesting for those of us who tendons are not quite as elastic as they use to be and we get injured easily and maybe not just healing.

nkyle90 is offline Associate Member
    Huh interesting.

Its exciting to think that peptides may be the answer for alot of ills here very soon
    Just need some more trials and studies

I'd like to think that with these and current advancements in medicine that I could live a functioning life into my 90's

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    FOr the time being i will stick to GH 2IU 5/2 working good for me.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for the post!
    may help me also in time. shi soon we will just be buying stem cells in place of peptides anyway hahaha.
    wonder whats next.

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    I just came across your TB thread and im getting interested. Definitely will keep and eye out for anything you post TR LOL

well, the general consensus is that TB500 works. haven't tried this one yet.....

optionsdude is offline Member
    How long does TB last once it's reconstituted?

Perseverance1 is offline Banned
    TB has been helping me a lot more than anything the doctor ordered with my rhomboid tear...I'll be adding bpc 157 in about a month so I'll let you guys know what I think.

pyrotalk is offline New Member
    Anyone tried this? update pls

Thread Information