PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Had Mole removed from back- Can I still train?

I had a mole removed from the center of my back today because it was A-Typical and should be removed. No big deal but now I don't think I should be hitting the gym. I'm at the middle of my cycle and trying to figure out what the heck I should do. I can't take a week off but I don't want to tear the stitches either. Was thinking of just taping it up really good prior to going to the gym and calling it a day.

Thoughts?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I had a mole removed from the center of my back today because it was A-Typical and should be removed. No big deal but now I don't think I should be hitting the gym. I'm at the middle of my cycle and trying to figure out what the heck I should do. I can't take a week off but I don't want to tear the stitches either. Was thinking of just taping it up really good prior to going to the gym and calling it a day. Thoughts?
    They stitched a mole removal? Didn't know they even did that.

I would just train. If you pull a stitch then go get it fixed. That's just me though. I've played sports many times with stitches and it is no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    They stitched a mole removal? Didn't know they even did that.

I would just train. If you pull a stitch then go get it fixed. That's just me though. I've played sports many times with stitches and it is no big deal.
    That's kind of my thought. They said the issue is that it was in the center of my back so there is a lot of pulling and stretching in the area. If it pulls I will have my wife Superglue the shit back together.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    That's kind of my thought. They said the issue is that it was in the center of my back so there is a lot of pulling and stretching in the area. If it pulls I will have my wife Superglue the shit back together.
    The issue with superglue is it freezes the wound in the healing process. So when the glue is gone it's still open.

Maybe just work around it. Hit legs then arms, shoulders then chest then by that time it should be pretty much healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    The issue with superglue is it freezes the wound in the healing process. So when the glue is gone it's still open.

Maybe just work around it. Hit legs then arms, shoulders then chest then by that time it should be pretty much healed.
    That's actually a really good idea. change my workout split for the week.

Thread Information