Thread: Pain Clinic

jeep187 is offline Associate Member

Pain Clinic

Headed to another doctor today to see if they can fix my back.

Docd187123 is offline Banned
    Good luck and wish you the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Docd187123 View Post
    Good luck and wish you the best.
    Thanks!

Doc thinks I have a slipped disc. I have to have a MRI and physical therapy. Looks like I won't be in the gym for awhile��

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep187 View Post
    Doc thinks I have a slipped disc. I have to have a MRI and physical therapy. Looks like I won't be in the gym for awhile��
    That's unfortunate :/ wishing you a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    That's unfortunate :/ wishing you a speedy recovery.
    Thank you!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    seems back pain is fairly common. Mine has been progressively worse for about 25 years. I go in on Dec 8 for step one of some work they are going to do.

the thing is, chronic pain effects everything you do and say. How you respond to people, your mood........

I definitely agree with you there. It's had a major effect on my mood. It goes back and forth between anger and depression. Im not able to do a lot of the things that give me peace. That includes going to the gym. On my days off I don't do much because the doctor doesn't know how bad it is until I have the MRI. The last thing I want to do is make it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    seems back pain is fairly common. Mine has been progressively worse for about 25 years. I go in on Dec 8 for step one of some work they are going to do.

the thing is, chronic pain effects everything you do and say. How you respond to people, your mood........
    Good luck at the doctor bro.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeep187 View Post
    I definitely agree with you there. It's had a major effect on my mood. It goes back and forth between anger and depression. Im not able to do a lot of the things that give me peace. That includes going to the gym. On my days off I don't do much because the doctor doesn't know how bad it is until I have the MRI. The last thing I want to do is make it worse.
    well, for me, my discs are still relatively healthy. I avoid any routine that compresses the discs, so most major compounds are out. But I usually go to the gym no matter what. This will sound stupid, but as I warm up, one thing I do is hoist the 20lb bar to my shoulders and do some goodmornings. Those fuggers hurt til around rep 5 when things begin to loosen up. By around rep ten, I can do the rep with minimal pain. if I resisted going to the gym simply due to back pain, I'd never go. So for me, pain is a very real part of life, and I have to accept pain in order to go to the gym

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    well, for me, my discs are still relatively healthy. I avoid any routine that compresses the discs, so most major compounds are out. But I usually go to the gym no matter what. This will sound stupid, but as I warm up, one thing I do is hoist the 20lb bar to my shoulders and do some goodmornings. Those fuggers hurt til around rep 5 when things begin to loosen up. By around rep ten, I can do the rep with minimal pain. if I resisted going to the gym simply due to back pain, I'd never go. So for me, pain is a very real part of life, and I have to accept pain in order to go to the gym
    I'm hoping this pain isn't something I have to live with for the rest of my life. It's not the pain that's keeping me out of the gym. Its not knowing what my injury is and not wanting to make it worse.

Thread Information