Hi, I strained my QL about 3 1/2 months ago or so. After I felt like it was good enough for me to start working out again I did and was able to workout pain free for 1 month. Last week I was doing seated bent-over back flies and I felt a jolt of pain from my lower spine all the way around my hip.

After I hurt my back again(it wasn't nearly as bad when I did it the first time) I took a week off. I felt like I got a lot of my mobility back quickly. I could bend over and to the side fluently and without pain after about 5 days.

Now, yesterday I decided to lower my weight big time and do some seated bent-over back flies. I wanted to basically see if there was any pain while I was doing that motion. Again, the weight I used was very small compared to what I normally do. I did about 5 reps and I felt good. So I got up and went about my dailies activities. But about 5-10min later I was putting on socks, standing, knee to chest. I just got my sock on and I got a huge jolt of pain again.

The pain that I am experiencing will go away in less than a week(I know this). So should I go back to the gym and do everything but back? Wait out back for another 2 weeks, while doing some full body exercises to strengthen my back(plyometrics, kenpo ect..).

Let me know what you think I should do. All I want to do is hit the weights again. I am dying without them!

Thanks guys.