Thread: questions

MAGGIE22 is offline Female Member

questions

new to the forum - have been looking around for reliable information/ advice on female steroid use .
    i have been in the gym for about 5 years, but really started regular weight training about 2 years ago.
    i have struggled with my weight since adolescence and began lifting when i couldn't loose any more weight with cardio - hoping to up my metabolism by increasing lean muscle - and i got hooked.
    its been a real rollercoaster as far as my weight and size is concerned - and i am trying to find a way to gain muscle while staying cut and toned. i started hitting the weights hard in feb and have gained 25 lbs....in 4 months- a real concern for me. i have gone up a pants size and cannot continue this...
    currently 25 years old, 5'7, 170 lbs. my husband started is first cycle of test a couple of weeks ago - hes been working out for several years and hit a plateau in his size and strength. now one of the guys at the gym has suggested that i try winstrol to cut up.
    i'm really curious but a little hesitant. i'm 25 - no kids yet - and don't want to have any fertility issues.
    if anyone could give me a advice - maybe suggested doses if any...or a better alternative

Tatudlifter is offline Junior Member
    What is your bf%?

MAGGIE22 is offline Female Member
    dont know the % - but think a loss of 20 to 30lbs with my current muscle mass would put me exactly where i want to be. saw a dietician last year - he told me that ideal weight for me should be around 145. when i am consistent in my cardio routine i seem to lose muscle mass & tone and stay so drained.... but when i slack off and concentrate on moving up in the amount of weight i move, the weight just seems to pile on. at my leanest EVER, i was 150 lbs & was jogging 5 miles/day, benching 95 lbs.
    currently i am supplementing with properformance thermoburst & thermopump, CLA, & 25mg of DHEA daily

Tatudlifter is offline Junior Member
    Well as long as your diet is in check, i think winni would work for you. I know two girls at my gym that use it but they seem to have better results using clen . They will both cut you but i think the clen will stimulate your metabolism more and give you the result you are looking for. Everyone is different and it's all in what you put into it but thats my opinion.

bodybuilder1107 is offline Senior Member
    welcome

Blackster1975 is offline Associate Member
    welcome

Strategus is offline Female Member

Smile

1. What's your diet like? Do both of you eat clean, with adequate protein, fats from olive oil, nuts etc. and stick with low-glycemic carbs like oatmeal, veggies etc.? Have you been adjusting your calorie intake to activity level? Recently, I've cut back pretty markedly on overall calories because of a job change that involves a reduction in overall activity.

Might not seem obvious, but stuff like whether you sit down (e.g. office) or stand up at work (e.g. factory) matters with regard to how many calories U can eat.

2. I did quite a bit of cardio for several years with no change in waist size - I was 5'3" and a size 10/12 for the looongest time. Started weight training last spring and first the size 12's went, and now some (not quite all, alas...)10's are too big, with size 8's being right for me currently. Waist is 29.5...hardly anything great but better than last year LOL. In other words, weight training has helped get my waist down where the cardio by itself didn't. I was bulkin' it up during the winter but watched the food intake a-little this spring. Trick is to split the food into multiple small meals and not let metabolism slow down.

I'm a little surprised that you've gone UP a size with weight training...unless you're eating quite a bit over maintenance calories, or have really put on a lot of muscle in the legs. You would know if it's muscle or fat because the thigh measurement might go up with muscle but the waist would not. My results are kinda on the slow side, because I'm not real strict with the diet, although there are a number of things that I have consistently not eaten for the past couple of years. My guess is that you may be eating more than necessary, especially if the waist is going up or even staying constant.

3. Do you keep a lifting notebook? It's a great idea to figure out if or when you've hit a plateau. My lifts/reps are still going up...just somewhat slower than when I started lifting. What are you benching now? Also,

4. I'm wondering about the DHEA. DHEA can turn into _either/both_ estrogen and testosterone , depending on a person's individual hormonal makeup. The material I've read indicates that it's good for raising T levels in post-menopausal women. However...in a 25-year old with probably normal levels of estrogen (and normal girlie amount of T), I'd be a little concerned that the DHEA could be increasing estrogen a lot (and T just a little bit) and leading to estrogen-based fat deposits in the usual places like waist and thighs. You're quite a lot younger than me (I'm in my 40's haha). Although it looks interesting, I'm staying away from DHEA for the moment until I get blood work figured out and probably also 'till I hit a lifting plateau.

5. Have you had blood work done? You can get it done privately/confidentially from a few web sites where you order your own tests like http://www.directlabs.com/ or http://www.healthcheckusa.com/. Reason is to check and see if thyroid activity is low, contributing to the fat gain. Also it's a really good idea to get it done before starting any sort of cycle (except a bicycle ).

I don't think a cycle would be beneficial until you have the diet sorted out with reference to activity level, know your blood work, also what is the situation with lifts being plateau'd or not, etc. Have you taken/tried creatine? Major reason is that the AAS works a lot better when body fat is lower. I'm just here reading up on it etc....majored in a biological science in college so it's interesting.

I know it's kinda hard lifting when rextricting food intake because the lifts may not go up much or at all. Might want to try stuff like cutting time between sets or doing drop sets etc.?

Best wishes!!!!!

P.S. You guys are a great/sweet couple since both of ya w/o and hubby lets ya know about his cycle.
    Last edited by Strategus; 06-26-2008 at 01:49 AM.

Thread Information