Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MzMom

Thread: Old girl gettin back in the saddle here...

MzMom is offline New Member

Old girl gettin back in the saddle here...

Hi Everyone..just wanted to posted a quick hello and am looking forward to finding some direction here.
    Just got back to the gym about six months ago after sporadic periods of hiatus. Haven't trained to compete in over 14 yrs and am not really as concerned with getting 30 yr old bikini body back as much as gaining some strength. I have a teenage boy who has several physical challenges and in turn I am challenged with keeping up with him, lifting and moving him.
    I'm going to surf around the threads before I start asking a bunch of dumb questions, or questions that have been answered a million times to avoid redundancy...But I wanted to get my feet wet and introduce myself..

Looking forward to a positive forum experience..
    K
    JlynnAZ likes this.

JlynnAZ is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MzMom View Post
    Hi Everyone..just wanted to posted a quick hello and am looking forward to finding some direction here.
    Just got back to the gym about six months ago after sporadic periods of hiatus. Haven't trained to compete in over 14 yrs and am not really as concerned with getting 30 yr old bikini body back as much as gaining some strength. I have a teenage boy who has several physical challenges and in turn I am challenged with keeping up with him, lifting and moving him.
    I'm going to surf around the threads before I start asking a bunch of dumb questions, or questions that have been answered a million times to avoid redundancy...But I wanted to get my feet wet and introduce myself..

K
    Welcome K!
    I'm new here too, looking forward to some good stuff!

JlynnAZ

3day is offline Member
    Welcome.

yosimitesam is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MzMom View Post

K
    Ahhhh! None of us can avoid the certainty of age and attributes of distractions we call life. The good news is, you've got your muscle memory, and understand your body better than so many people who are over 40 and are just now getting into working out. It's never too late to "get back at it". I've also gone through intervals of consistency and time off. Whether it be from injuries or (I hate to admit) laziness. Also, sometimes life just throws us curve balls we must address, as they take priority over other things. I'm only 3 mos. back from having to sit and recover from hernia surgery, so I'm also in the process of building back (albeit slowly)

It's good to have you on the forum, and I'm happy you're getting back into something you enjoy and benefit from.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    welcome

Giggle is offline Female Member
    Hi K!
    Welcome. It's a great board and I bet you'll learn a lot.
    I'm pretty new as well, and I am also doing a lot of reading so that I can answer those newbie questions before I make a fool of myself!

Glad to have you here.

bazzaman is offline Associate Member
    Welcome to the forum! best of luck in your future training & goals.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by MzMom

K
    Hey girl. Lots of information and support should you decide to achieve your goals.

Glad to have ya.

Thread Information