RavensFan2k3 is offline New Member

Need alittle help here

I've been doing alot of research here and was wondering if HCG is necessary at all for PCT? Can Clomid/Nolvadex do the job on its own? The only thing I'm finding that makes HCG desirable is how it says it increases your testicle size. Can clomid(or Nolvadex) increase your testicle size aswell? Or just HCG? Pretty much is HCG necessary or does it just speed up the process?

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I dont use HCG . I know some who say its no use because your body is desensitized post cycle. Some of the other guys who have used it might have a different take on it.

But tell me if I'm right with this. Clomid is necessary no matter what. The HCG makes it that your testosterone is increased immediately, which is important for someone post cycle so they dont lose any muscle. The clomid is what makes it stay there. So in theory, if clomid was used alone, it would bring up testosterone AND testicle size to the same place HCG would, it just wouldnt get there until after you have finished taking the clomid while HCG does it immediately. Am I right? So in theory for someone who is just restarting their HPTA, not necessarily coming off of a cycle, HCG is not needed...only if they desire an immediate boost in testosterone, because at the end of it all...it'll be the same thing?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!

I've already seen that thread...that doesnt really tell me if I should use HCG or not. Does a SERM increase testicle size back to normal? Is HCG really only used to to bring about an immediate boost in testosterone and to bring about testicular size/function?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    I've already seen that thread...that doesnt really tell me if I should use HCG or not. Does a SERM increase testicle size back to normal? Is HCG really only used to to bring about an immediate boost in testosterone and to bring about testicular size/function?
    Eventually A SERM will bring back testicular size, yes.

HCG used during a cycle will maintain endogenous testosterone and keep testicular size/function.

Used after that it can be suppressive to the bodies own LH and LH receptors in the leydig cells.

when you say eventually bring testicular size...you mean during the 3-5 weeks that a SERM is usually taken for right? Or you mean it could take much longer than that?

So are you saying that you do not recommend HCG to be used after a cycle?
    Last edited by RavensFan2k3; 06-24-2008 at 01:59 PM.

also why do people use test/libido boosters during PCT? Is that only so they'll have libido during PCT, or does it actually aid in restoring testosterove levels?

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    also why do people use test/libido boosters during PCT? Is that only so they'll have libido during PCT, or does it actually aid in restoring testosterove levels?
    only libido. if it increased test then everyone would use that instead of steroids . keep reading

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    only libido. if it increased test then everyone would use that instead of steroids. keep reading
    I'm reading...alot, trust me. So since people take test boosters during PCT to have libido while on the SERM, i assume the SERM lowers libido then right?. Will it come back once one stops taking the SERM? Does clomid really increase SHBG? Or is that only while on it? and then once one is off it, it goes back down(well to normal)? HCG isnt needed right? It is only to give an immediate boost in testosterone while waiting for the SERM to start up the HPTA? So testicular size will increase with a SERM(clomid) alone...it'll just take alittle longer than with HCG. So that would mean the test booster is an alternative to HCG...ahhh, if everything I said is correct, I'm finally getting it.

binder is offline Member
    ok, test boosters are just that, boosters. they do not lower estrogen levels which is the basis for taking all these PCT drugs.

when you boost test, you also raise estrogen levels through aromatization. that's the reason why you do a PCT after being on test or the likes.

Test "boosters" also only work when you have test to boost. This is a reason why test boosters aren't very effective on teens. At the teenage level you are already pumping out a good ammount of testosterone so it's hard to squeeze anymore out. now a middle aged man might have lost a lot of his natural test production and that will boost it in the natural way. You can only raise test levels as much as the body wants to with a booster.

hcg is used to mimick Leutinizing hormone which will cause your testis to produce it's own testosterone. It basically tells your body to start producing it's own test because you took away the artificial stuff. The serms are to block the free estrogen therefore lowering the ammount of estrogen your body "has". Estrogen gives you the moobs and side effects.

PCT is used in order to get your body producing it's natural testosterone again. It's not used to BOOST your test to a higher level. It only boosts your production of it since you stopped using the anabolics that were taking it's place. If you don't jump start it with a PCT it might take months to return to normal, all while your test levels are crashed out causing you to lose your muscle and gains.

i'm not perfectly sure on serms and libido. libido is directly affected by test levels. higher test, higher libido. If you don't do a PCT and your test crashes then you'll lose your sex drive. getting your body back to normal test levels is what will bring you back to a normal sex drive so in a round about way SERMS are going to help you increase your libido verses not doing a pct and having a lowered test level.

binder is offline Member
    also, taking a test booster does nothing for the Lh (leutinizing hormone) which tells your testicles to start producing it's own testosterone . taking a pill to increase test levels is not what you want, you want your body to start producing it without the aid of other products. the post cycle therapy will tell your body to start producing it naturally.

ok, test boosters are just that, boosters. they do not lower estrogen levels which is the basis for taking all these PCT drugs.

when you boost test, you also raise estrogen levels through aromatization. that's the reason why you do a PCT after being on test or the likes.

Test "boosters" also only work when you have test to boost. This is a reason why test boosters aren't very effective on teens. At the teenage level you are already pumping out a good ammount of testosterone so it's hard to squeeze anymore out. now a middle aged man might have lost a lot of his natural test production and that will boost it in the natural way. You can only raise test levels as much as the body wants to with a booster.

hcg is used to mimick Leutinizing hormone which will cause your testis to produce it's own testosterone. It basically tells your body to start producing it's own test because you took away the artificial stuff. The serms are to block the free estrogen therefore lowering the ammount of estrogen your body "has". Estrogen gives you the moobs and side effects.

PCT is used in order to get your body producing it's natural testosterone again. It's not used to BOOST your test to a higher level. It only boosts your production of it since you stopped using the anabolics that were taking it's place. If you don't jump start it with a PCT it might take months to return to normal, all while your test levels are crashed out causing you to lose your muscle and gains.

i'm not perfectly sure on serms and libido. libido is directly affected by test levels. higher test, higher libido. If you don't do a PCT and your test crashes then you'll lose your sex drive. getting your body back to normal test levels is what will bring you back to a normal sex drive so in a round about way SERMS are going to help you increase your libido verses not doing a pct and having a lowered test level.
    I know PCT is to get your natural testosterone going again. So PCT can be a SERM and a test booster, no HCG right?

Since your test is low, a test booster will infact increase testosterone then(along with the SERM). My question is the test booster used to only give one a libido boost while on PCT or does it actually aid in restoring testosterone levels . Pretty much is HCG necessary or can a SERM do it on it's own? And if it can, how will a test booster help?

also, taking a test booster does nothing for the Lh (leutinizing hormone) which tells your testicles to start producing it's own testosterone. taking a pill to increase test levels is not what you want, you want your body to start producing it without the aid of other products. the post cycle therapy will tell your body to start producing it naturally.
    Ok, according to this, a test booster doesnt help...so then what does it do?

Thread Information