TimHill1982 is offline New Member

Inform me if an AI will stunt growth

First off I am 29, so please don't mistake me for asking an ignorant question. My gym buddie (also workout partner) is thinking about running an estrogen blocker for gyno he has had since 16. He is 17 going on to 18 in about a month.

I told him that is something natural for teens to get when they have been working out and test increases so does estro etc..

Well he is thinking about running a estrogen blocker to rid of it (doesn't want surgery) so I tell him about a AI I'm taking that could help. But I also warned him doing this at that age can mess with his endocrine system (and possibly stunt height?)

I'm not sure about stunting height though?

So to sum it up
    Will taking an AI such as arimidex, liquid letro, etc 1)mess with your endocrine system and. 2)stunt growth heightwise when your plates still havn't closed?

Tim Hill

Bump. Can some knowledgable human answer this?

Is anyone able to answer this, or link me to a valid source? I have already searched around but did not come across a reliable source and direct answer.

Tim

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Please read the rules....thanks!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ......gotta be pateint
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 05-14-2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

lemonada9 is offline Junior Member
    No taking a AI will not stunt your growth. Estrogen is what signals the plates to close. So if anything it would make you a tad taller *nothing significant though*

taking an AI during puberty has the potentional to do some destabilizing depending on the person, but it should be able to balance back.

Thread Information