Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active

Thread: HCG confusion :scratch:

Sathx is offline New Member

HCG confusion :scratch:

Hi all, i ve read a lot of post/faq for hcg , but i ve read some different advices, so i'm a bit confused. The best way is to use troughout the cycle for sure, and is ok. But when is good to start and end? For my 12 week cycle of test and deca , i ve planned to start on 3 week until the week 12, so last pin of HCG coincide with last pin of test.... is right? or i need to run it 2 week more until PCT start? And only for know, if i will plan a long cycle for example 20 week cycle, in what way i need to run it? how much time for take a stop and restart?

Thx u for the explanation

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Run it right up to three days prior to starting your pct meds

ah ok so this that i ve read is not good advice?

"At the end of the cycle, drop the hCG two weeks before the AAS clear the system. For example, you would drop hCG about the same time as your last Testosterone Enanthate shot. Or, if you are ending the cycle with orals, you would drop the hCG about 10 days before your last oral dose. This will allow for a sudden and even clearance in hormone levels, while initiating LH and FSH production from the pituitary, to begin stimulating your testes to produce testosterone . Remember, recovery doesn’t begin until you are off hCG since your body will not release its own LH until the hCG has cleared the system. "

References -

1. Glycoprotein hormones: structure and function.
    Pierce JG, Parsons TF 1981
    Annu Rev Biochem 50:466–495

2. Low-Dose Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Maintains Intratesticular Testosterone in Normal Men with Testosterone-Induced Gonadotropin Suppression
    Andrea D. Coviello, et al
    J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., May 2005; 90: 2595 - 2602.

3. Luteinizing hormone on Leydig cell structure and function.
    Mendis-Handagama SM
    Histol Histopathol 12:869–882 (1997)

4. Leydig cell peroxisomes and sterol carrier protein-2 in luteinizing hormone-deprived rats
    SM Mendis-Handagama, et al.
    Endocrinology, Dec 1992; 131: 2839.

5. Effect of long term deprivation of luteinizing hormone on Leydig cell volume, Leydig cell number, and steroidogenic capacity of the rat testis.
    Keeney DS, et al.
    Endocrinology 1988; 123:2906–2915.

6.The Effects of Gonadotropin Suppression and Selective Replacement on Insulin -Like Factor 3 Secretion in Normal Adult Men
    Katrine Bay, et al
    J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab., Mar 2006; 91: 1108 - 1111.

7. Successful treatment of anabolic steroid –induced azoospermia with human
    chorionic gonadotropin and human menopausal gonadotropin
    Dev Kumar Menon, et al.
    FERTILITY AND STERILITY VOL. 79, SUPPL. 3, JUNE 2003

8. Testicular responsiveness to human chorionic godadotrophin during transient hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism induced by androgenic /anabolic steroids in power athletes
    Hannu et al.
    J. Steroid Biochem. Vol. 25, No. 1 pp. 109-112 (1986)

9. Comparison of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, luteinizing hormone, and follicle-stimulating hormone in serum after injection of testosterone enanthate of testosterone cypionate .
    Schulte-Beerbuhl M, et al 1980
    Fertil Steril 33:201–203

10. Effects of chronic testosterone administration in normal men: safety and efficacy of high dosage testosterone and parallel dose-dependent suppression of luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and sperm production.
    Matsumoto AM, et al 1990
    J Clin Endocrinol Metab 70:282–287

11. Effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on plasma steroid levels in young and old men.
    Longcope C et al
    Steroids 21:583–590 (1973)

12. Regulation of peptide hormone receptors and gonadal steroidogenesis.
    Catt KJ, et al
    Rec Prog Horm Res 1980; 36:557–622

13. Effect of human chorionic gonadotropin on the endocrine function of Papio testes
    GV Katsiia, et al

Is best to run 3 days before PCT?
    Last edited by Sathx; 10-10-2013 at 03:06 PM.

Here is the deal hcg is suppressive because it mimics lh production. This is why we suggest running it when your testosterone production has stopped during your cycle. Instead of the testies shutting down hcg will maintain testicular function during the administration of exogenous testosterone. During pct you need to discontinue the hcg and androgens so that you can get your endogenous testosterone production started again.

Barbaros is offline New Member
    You can use HCG during the cycle like 1 shot every 3 weeks to prevent testicular atrophy if the cycle is extra long like you said 20 weeks, for PCT it's used only in the beginning, like the others said, HCG will not stimulate your hypothalamus to produce LH it will only stimulate the tests

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaros
    You can use HCG during the cycle like 1 shot every 3 weeks to prevent testicular atrophy if the cycle is extra long like you said 20 weeks, for PCT it's used only in the beginning, like the others said, HCG will not stimulate your hypothalamus to produce LH it will only stimulate the tests
    pinning hcg once every 3 weeks is hardly going to stop testicular atrophy. That would be a waste.
    Barbaros likes this.

Barbaros is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    pinning hcg once every 3 weeks is hardly going to stop testicular atrophy. That would be a waste.
    Guess you 're right Jim, what is the right protocol?
    500iu to 1000iu every week to every other week while on a cycle is said in HCG profile
    Last edited by Barbaros; 10-11-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaros
    Jim what is the right protocol?
    200-250 iu 2 x ew to maintain some testicular function during a cycle

But i ve read somewhere that u can't use HCG 20week straight, or u will have some trouble with your natural LH production.... so 250 iu ew is ok but how long? And how much time to take a stop from HCG and restart on cycle?
    Last edited by Sathx; 10-12-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathx
    But i ve read somewhere that u can't use HCG 20week straight, or u will have some trouble with your natural LH production.... so 250 iu ew is ok but how long? And how much time to take a stop from HCG and restart on cycle?
    you can run hcg as long as you want but not huge doses as you would risk desensitizing the ledig cells. Many run it all yr long as part of there trt program. As far as time of goes you should still go with the standard time on plus pct equals time off
    Sathx likes this.

ah ok, so if i will run a long cycle ( 16 or more weeks), i can run HCG troughout ever but only at low dose, like 500iu x week, without compromise Ledig Cells.. Now the situation are clear . Thank u jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathx
    ah ok, so if i will run a long cycle ( 16 or more weeks), i can run HCG troughout ever but only at low dose, like 500iu x week, without compromise Ledig Cells.. Now the situation are clear . Thank u jim.
    I would suggest starting at 250 iu 2 x ew. If you respond less is better IMO

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    the half life is very short for HCG ( ~72 hours) so it wont make a difference keeping it going up til the start of taking pct meds.

The article u posted isnt bad, but forgot to mention the modulation of GnRH from the pituitary that is done by the SERMs.

Thread Information