warmouth is offline Productive Member

Truth About "Deca-D*ck"?

So I got some advice from a long time competitor the other day. He has been competing since 1980, so I thought I would bombard him with questions since it is rare to have someone with years of experience to "open up" about AAS use and all in person. He has agreed to guide me and train me, but he toldme something disturbing. I have some Nandrolone Deconate on hand for experimenting whenever I am cleared to start. I told him I was just going to give it a try this time(300mgs weekly) along side 500mgs test(weekly) for my bulk. Planning on just doing a little mild cycle in order to make sure I dont continue to crush my lipids. Anyways, he told me that Deca was not a good compound to use for bulking and that it is mostly use in competitions to help stress on joints in prepping for the season. He also told me that he NEVER uses it anymore due to impotence. He said it may not effect me too bad, but it was sure to effect me to an extent. I was just wanting to get some advice on this issue because I definitley dont want to be impotent for any amount of time, especially with the test kicking in. Is it really this bad? I figured at 300mgs weekly that sides should be relatively mild, but I would like to hear from others experience. He told me the absolute best compound used to "bulk" is simply testosterone (and maybe a Dbol kickstart). When he told me his doses, I about crapped a brick! But he told me to jump the test to 750mgs and drop the Deca, or run the Deca if I was ok with the possibility of not having sex for a few months. It is just a new compound to me and I dont want to compromise my manhood over this in any way. Any advice would be greatly apprieciated!
    Last edited by warmouth; 11-06-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Lunk1 is offline aka "JOB"
    It's just a 19nor just like tren . I would be curios as to what his AI protocal was? Some of the "old timers" just didn't use the ancilleries that are available today. Like any other AAS sides are dependent on the individual, same as how some ppl are gyno prone and some are not.!

Keep in mind that nandrolone is just an altered version of test...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It seems to go both ways. Some say they never had any problems where others do. I used it once. I did not get ED but I did notice a difference/change and I'm not sure if things are back 100% to the way it was before (3+ years ago) but it's not an issue, just different and not quite the walking wood I was 24/7 even before every using test; Test just amplified it.

Personally I wont use it again and wouldn't risk it except at maybe a VERY low dose only for joint lubrication but I never got any joint relief that I notice.

SportbikerKid is offline Banned
    run mast with deca . since mast is a strong DHT derivative, it eliminates most of the DHN sides

fit2bOld is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Never had a problem with wood on Deca but always run Test at least double the mg of the Deca. Does help the joints...

Bulkn is offline Productive Member
    I hear some horror stories about deca but hardly any about tren . I havent tried it and probably never will i just dont see any benefits and to me its not worth the risk.

Lunk, Ill tell you what the AI protocol was..........Nothing! The guy didnt know what I was referring to when I used the term "AI". He got gyno once and had to have surgery. He now takes Nolva 20mgs EOD. But from your guys horror stories and experience, it sounds rather rough. I kind of wish I would have just gotten more test than Deca . I am now on the fence about running it.

Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Lunk, Ill tell you what the AI protocol was..........Nothing! The guy didnt know what I was referring to when I used the term "AI". He got gyno once and had to have surgery. He now takes Nolva 20mgs EOD. But from your guys horror stories and experience, it sounds rather rough. I kind of wish I would have just gotten more test than Deca. I am now on the fence about running it.
    It's honestly not THAT bad. Just keep the test high and adjust the AI...you know me though, I still choose tren lol. Even Tren is noted for fina dik...it's just part of the shutdown that occurs from the 19nors. Honestly most of the hype I believe exists because of the old timers who didnt use an AI or ran without test!

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I gotta tell you I really hate Deca for those who are doing cycles, the Decanoate ester results in such a long half life that the cycle length has to be very long and PCT becomes a real nightmare. If you are on a blast and cruise regimen then its different but for cycling I would stay clear and choose another compound. Of course another problem with Deca is bloat but as said a compound like Mast can counter that, still if you add bloat, cycle length and PCT issues its an obvious no brainer.

PS This guy sounds typical of many old school bodybuilders...he knows very little about AAS and ancilliaries, read stickies here and you will be a lot bettter advised.

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    There might be an expiration date on your long time competitor. A good bit has changed since the 80's. Case in point not knowing what an AI is. As always get advise but do your own research like your doing. I personally have never had a problem with deca or tren . Keep estrogen in control form the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    There might be an expiration date on your long time competitor. A good bit has changed since the 80's. Case in point not knowing what an AI is. As always get advise but do your own research like your doing. I personally have never had a problem with deca or tren. Keep estrogen in control form the start.
    Is the bold part entirely true lol???

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunk1 View Post
    Is the bold part entirely true lol???
    Entirely true. Never had ed problems I should specify. No tren tried to kill me. But my dick never stopped working.

Ha ha! Yes, this friend of mine is from the "old school" and even though he knew what armidex was, he was unaware of the term "AI". He only uses small amounts of Nolva, butas you could imagine, he wouldnt ever take advice from me, so I didnt even try. I am sure the issues he has with Deca is that he didnt control his estrogen and that was the biggest reason. However, he said tren never caused the issue and he even thinks Tren helps with sex drive and erections. But his doses are so high on everything, it would probably be enough to kill a horse. Seriously, I was shocked. It amazes me that BBing has came so far in just the last 15 years and the guys who are/were into it big back then are stuck on the old-school thought. AIs hindering gains, PCT is for novices(Ha, he is on TRT), etc. Blows me away. Deca still has reason for concern, as many of you guys are 50/50 on it. I like the fact that from what I have read, it can positively impact lipids, of course, that is just one article.

I don't run Deca anymore in high doses. I only run 100mg/wk or so for my joints along with my Test. Yes, it definitely gave me deca dick. I run mast or some other substance with Test. My friend on TRT ran Deca and he freaked out when he went limp during sex. Poor guy, I should had talked to him about deca sides. Definitely humbled his bragging ways. LOL

Firepal is offline Junior Member
    im 2 months in to sust 750 deca 400 taking arom EOD 12.5MG and i didint have any problem the first 2 months. Recently ive been losing my erection half way threw sex it sucks lol.

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by warmouth View Post
    Lunk, Ill tell you what the AI protocol was..........Nothing! The guy didnt know what I was referring to when I used the term "AI". He got gyno once and had to have surgery. He now takes Nolva 20mgs EOD. But from your guys horror stories and experience, it sounds rather rough. I kind of wish I would have just gotten more test than Deca. I am now on the fence about running it.

High estrogen will cause 19nor sides like Deca dick. So your buddy got it from that. If you want to take deca go heavy on the AI and take Caber 1mg per week. But I agree for bulking I would not use Deca I would use Test/Dbol and Tren .

SMcB is offline Associate Member
    A few years ago I took a bottle of Xtreme Tren , which was a 19-nor 'prohormone' or 'designer steroid '. It was supposedly a clone of a steroid called dienolone (which I have never heard of) and is supposedly an oral version of Deca (which makes sense because it's a 19-nor). Bottle lasted about 5 weeks and put on 10 lbs. and gained 35-40 lbs. on my bench and squat. The stuff was legit, including the sides. Got testicular atrophy and libido disappeared throughout the cycle. Didn't know any better so all I took was a garbage supplement called 6-oxo for PCT. I must have been pretty shut down because I lost all my gains within a month. Balls and libido did return to normal within that time, though. Does that mean I would be able to recover from real Deca if I used proper PCT drugs?

Thread Information