Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Got poor knees/joints? Want to do a experiment?

Yeah thats right the great experimentalist is back in business

Anyway this is a totaly harmless experiment that might seriously improve your joints. Let me first tell you of my knees.

Ever since wrestling 5 years ago my knees has been HORRIBLE and not getting better. Last fall and spring it was so bad I couldnt walk stairs after leg workouts. I was munching glucosamin and all that but nothing realy did help. I had to sometimes take months of heavy weights in leg exercises because my knees where shit.

Anyway sometimes in the begining of the summer I started my experiemnts with megadosing sodium ascorbate(vitamin c). For health and fat loss reasons but I encountered a plesant "side" effect. After 4 weeks of the high dosage vitamin c my knees where like new!!!! They where not even crackling anymore. Its like they where replaced with a pair of new ones. All my joints to be honest feelt like a million bucks and the only thing I changed was the vitamin c. Nothing else. I can now both hack squat and regular squat heavy again without pain while I just half a year ago had to wrap myself so damn tight that it was silly and still feelt tremendous pain.

So if anyone here is realy suffering from poor knees plz give this a try so we can now if this was just a freak thing that happened of if vitamin c realy can do this. I know it does increase collagen synthesis but I didnt know it could be this helpfull.

Anyway what you need to do is real simple.
    Buy a big bag of sodium ascorbate powder and start taking 15grams(thats right 15,000mg)a day. Space it out over 3-4 servings. One in the morning, 2 during the day/evening and one right before beed.
    DONT change anything else, if your on joint aids like glucosamin keep on taking them. Only change should be the vitamin c.
    Keep this upp for a period of no less than 4 weeks and then report results.
    This is a realy cheap experiment, with no possible side effects and lots of possible positive results(that goes far beyond any joint healing).

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm going to have to try it. Must search for this stuff now.

check this site out. I havent ordered from there since I live in sweden but the price is awsome
    http://www.nutri.com/wn/wn-pl.html

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    johan that is very interesting but 15grams of "C" would that not burn a hole in your stomach? I carry a lot of water weight, on or off cycle, and I was talking to an ex-BB and they told me to take high doses of "C" to reduce the amount of water I carry. I was always afraid that if I did I would get painful joints rather than help from it.

Hooker I read your link and that too is interesting but not 100% how this ties in. It explains why Deca does one thing and Winny does another but what is your thoughts on Mega C doses?

Oldman

gonna give it a read hooker

oldman, thats why I say sodium ascorbate. Taking lots of ascorbic acid if having a sensitive stomach might troubble you(but lots of people take uppwards to 20g/day of ascorbic acid aswell so this is a individual thing).
    But sodium ascorbate is ph neutral and has no ill effects on the stomach. I have had 2 ulcers so I would defenetly notice if sodium ascorbate effected my stomach negativly

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Yeah thats right the great experimentalist is back in business

Anyway this is a totaly harmless experiment that might seriously improve your joints. Let me first tell you of my knees.

Ever since wrestling 5 years ago my knees has been HORRIBLE and not getting better. Last fall and spring it was so bad I couldnt walk stairs after leg workouts. I was munching glucosamin and all that but nothing realy did help. I had to sometimes take months of heavy weights in leg exercises because my knees where shit.

Anyway sometimes in the begining of the summer I started my experiemnts with megadosing sodium ascorbate(vitamin c). For health and fat loss reasons but I encountered a plesant "side" effect. After 4 weeks of the high dosage vitamin c my knees where like new!!!! They where not even crackling anymore. Its like they where replaced with a pair of new ones. All my joints to be honest feelt like a million bucks and the only thing I changed was the vitamin c. Nothing else. I can now both hack squat and regular squat heavy again without pain while I just half a year ago had to wrap myself so damn tight that it was silly and still feelt tremendous pain.

So if anyone here is realy suffering from poor knees plz give this a try so we can now if this was just a freak thing that happened of if vitamin c realy can do this. I know it does increase collagen synthesis but I didnt know it could be this helpfull.

Anyway what you need to do is real simple.
    Buy a big bag of sodium ascorbate powder and start taking 15grams(thats right 15,000mg)a day. Space it out over 3-4 servings. One in the morning, 2 during the day/evening and one right before beed.
    DONT change anything else, if your on joint aids like glucosamin keep on taking them. Only change should be the vitamin c.
    Keep this upp for a period of no less than 4 weeks and then report results.
    This is a realy cheap experiment, with no possible side effects and lots of possible positive results(that goes far beyond any joint healing).
    did u have all the snap crackle pop going on around ur knee caps? my knees are shot and i was thinkin surgery was the only way but i will try this and see what happens.

I had the snap, crackle and pops. Not anymore. Im telling you my knees are like brand new. I was to fearing surgery just 6-7 months ago. I hope it was the vitamin c that did it cause honestly if it wasnt then its some kind of semi miracle

wont hurt to try i will keep u posted.

might lay of the heavy weights on leg workouts for a while aswell to let it work its "magic".

might lay of the heavy weights on leg workouts for a while aswell to let it work its "magic".
    my knees are so jacked ive been off the heavies for a couple of months now. so that wont be a prob.

oldman, thats why I say sodium ascorbate. Taking lots of ascorbic acid if having a sensitive stomach might troubble you(but lots of people take uppwards to 20g/day of ascorbic acid aswell so this is a individual thing).
    But sodium ascorbate is ph neutral and has no ill effects on the stomach. I have had 2 ulcers so I would defenetly notice if sodium ascorbate effected my stomach negativly

gotcha, I missed that totally. I just saw it as normal "C" cool. I will track some down and see if this does anything for me and I will once 4 weeks is up.

thanks

Oldman

scm007 is offline Associate Member
    Hmmm, have you guys ever tried Orthodics? I had horrible knee pain for a long time, but I just recently got custom fitted orthodics and I feel great now!

Quote Originally Posted by scm007
    Hmmm, have you guys ever tried Orthodics? I had horrible knee pain for a long time, but I just recently got custom fitted orthodics and I feel great now!

What is an Orthodics? Sounds like a prostetic penis oh wait you are talking about those expensive things you put in your shoes.. I have thought about it but am not sold on the idea but hell why not it is only money. I have heard great things from like the good feet store and places like that.

Oldman

IronFreakX is offline Banned
    15g only? I got signs of a cold yesterday , so i upped to 46grams from my usual 24g and still havent reached bowel tolerance in both.....and the rda is 60mg LMAO

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Iron, where you been brotha????

I sent out the AR search and rescue squad days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Iron, where you been brotha????

I sent out the AR search and rescue squad days ago.
    haha

sup bro?

Ive been busy as hell...packing and shit..moving back to the US

Giantz11 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IronFreakX
    haha

sup bro?

Ive been busy as hell...packing and shit..moving back to the US
    Ahhhh, I see. Now you are on your way. No more $200 for some protein huh??

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz11
    Ahhhh, I see. Now you are on your way. No more $200 for some protein huh??
    They can fill up a condom with their 200$ protein and shove it up their asses as far as Im concerned

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Quote Originally Posted by hooker
    Good Read

CRUISECONTROL is offline Post Whore Extraordinaire Cruising On Autopilot
    Thanks Johan My elbows and especially my shoulder with the torn rotator cuff are up to try anything Not to mention my back

Got this out of Volume 42*Number 2* Muscular Devleopment*Februrary 2005
    By the expert Q&A by Steven J. Fleck, PhD
    "Several very common anitoxidants are vitamins C and E. Vitamin C appears to have anit-inflammatory properties that may help reduce the inflammatory response or muscle damage casused by resistance training. Vitamin E has been reduce free radical damage to cell membraines. Another antioxidant is the mineral selenium, which may offer antioxidant protection against hydrogen peroxide, one of the free radical molecules. To date, the research on whether or not antioxidants help reduce damage after exercise is mixed. Some studies indicate no effect at all and others show some positive effects. One aspect of these studies, however, eis that only one antioxidant was typically administered."
    Seems now that you have to take gobs of the stuff to make it work.
    Johan, have you tried to figure out a body weight ratio for the C to work?
    X amount of body weight requires what amount of C to get positive effect?
    You probably weigh more than I do. What was the formula? Weight in kilograms=poundsx.45 190x.45=85.5kg
    I don't want to OD on C and get the runs.

Good question bro, unfortunaly I have no answere
    I check dosage by determening bowel tolerance. Bowel tolerance dosage is the natural optimal dosage of vitamin c. Just increase until you get a upset stomach and lower dosage a bit, that is bowel tolerance. its usualy betwen 15-20 grams for most people.

Its not constant though. When sic or stressed it can increase tremendously. A cold can bump it upp to 60 grams, a bad flue to 150grams.

I dont know what relation the bowel tolerance has to bodyweight to be honest if there is any, if there is it sure isnt a linear relation.
    But considering how easy it is to determine bowel tolerance I dont think such a ratio is needed.

Bowel tolerance is a very easy way to check if you are about to get sic btw. If you feel like your about to get a cold/flu just check bowel tolerance level. If its higher than normal you are about to get sic(and can combat this with using this new bowel tolerance dosage for a few days).

just for some kind of reference. My bodyweight is around 90kg and I can handle almost exactly 20 grams before exceeding my bowel tolerance.

scm007 is offline Associate Member
    Actually you can get your insurance to cover Orthodics very easily. Just go in complaining of foot pain and they'll prescribe them.

bump

Bowel Tolerance? I can see evey member here running for the toilet and the slower ones holding thier bottoms pacing back and forth out side of the stalls.

decadbal is offline Banned
    well johan, i was talkin about this to a guy i am helping bodybuild about amonth ago.. at the beginnning of the summer ,i read a thing by charles poling.. a famous PL instructor and so on.. he was talkin about taking vit. c IV for massive strength gains.. well i looked and looked but couldnt find anywhere to get IV vitc.. so i decided to just up the oral dosage, i was taking in about 8gs ED.. which helped a ton in alot of areas other than possibly strength, i did notice, which is what we were talkin about, how my knees and shoulders hurt alot less, i went from 18ibuprophen ED. to none now.. i thought it was the vit c, from an article i read similar to your, the dose wasnt that hi. but it was the same principle.. so i can tell you it works...

great to hear deca I have read the poliquin thing aswell. Thinking about making my own iv vit c. Mostly as a cure for disease though but it would be fun to se if the fat burn and strenght gain claims is true.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    15g a day sounds like an appetite for kidney stones!!

jamesc you cant get kidney stones from vitamin c no matter the dosage. Thats a old idiotic myth that has been dispelled 40 years ago but unfortunaly it still clings on.

PaterLC is offline New Member
    Hey, just registered here and saw this post. I have had 2 knee operations already (on my R. Knee) and I am def gonna give this a try.

bump. anyone got on the c yet?

manc is offline Member
    anyone know of anywhere in the uk i can get?? thanks

search for sodium ascorbate Im sure just about every big online supplement store has it

I just orderd from Iherb.com. The fist site was down when I tried to order. I'll let you know how it goes when it gets here.

Nytol is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by manc
    anyone know of anywhere in the uk i can get?? thanks
    http://www.auravita.com/products/AUR...100&kwid=16864

http://s137489467.oneandoneshop.co.u...cript%3Fa%3DH1

I will def try it, how do you take it, mixed with juice or protein shake? How does it taste?

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    im interested as to whether anyone else has tried this ....... and had any success with it ????

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I read an article about the properties of a vitamin C IV

I'd like to try THAT high dose protocol

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by QuieTSToRM33
    im interested as to whether anyone else has tried this ....... and had any success with it ????
    I would venture into saying that it has helped... I have been using around 10 grams of Vitamin C for a few months now and do notice less pain in my knees... actually, very little at all these days...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information