RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer

Contest Prep Bonanza

ALRIGHTY THEN tell me what you guys think here

first i'll be prepping for 3 shows that are on subsequent saturdays in july. I plan to start 15 weeks out from the first show and continue all the way through the shows and 2 weeks after to catch the rebound, a total of 19 weeks on. Then time off of course before bulking in the winter.

Test Prop 1-19 100mg ED

Tren Ace. 1-6, 10-19 75mg ED

Masteron 9-17 100mg ED

Also would add Var if it would do anything beneficial and i can afford it...so opinions on that? i'd run 60-100 a day probably in the last 6 weeks or so?

also I will be running letro all the way through to control water and of course ramp up the dose closer to contest time to help even moreso with water.

Now in addition to this i would like to use clen and T3 to their greatest help.
    researched the clen and it appears is should be run as follows:

Start with 60mcg and pyramid up to 120mg or so by 20s. Then while on, in every 3rd week of being on it take 50mg benadryl before bed to help keep the receptors ok. Now i also read clen plus a diuretic are definite no nos and can cause a problem, so i want to be off the clen a couple weeks before the first show. The question is how long to run it, would it continue to be beneficial assuming all runs smoothly to just run it from the beginning of the cycle up to those couple weeks before?

And the T3 i'm not quite sure of how to run....found a couple conflicting articles and i'm not sure what's correct.

QUESTIONS :

1. Do i need the break in the tren in the middle or is it ok to run it straight through? First time i ran tren someone had me do it but it was never clear to me why

2. It's been preached to me before that masteron doesn't have much purpose other than to help dry out a bit, is that on the level with everyone's experience or no? That's why i have it running from 5 weeks before the show up through them then dropping it.

thanks for the help

bump

Dinosaur is offline Member
    that looks an advanced cycle you are not trying to add the clen in middle of the cycle are you?
    why add var since ur already running a cycle with short esters.

T_Own is offline Formula1 Aficionado
    from what i've heard, t3 can make you look flat if used wrong at all so i probably wouldn't bother with that. also, i would imagine adding anavar wouldn't do much different than just upping the masteron

with the tren , some people don't like it for the contest, and might stop it a week before or so, i forget the reason... so this is all hearsay from this board, take it as you may

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    4 week break in tren is un-called for
    19 week is long for my taste but if you are set on that length I'd change you're main compounds to
    1-19 test
    1-17 tren
    9-19 mast

I know you're stats well ya fat bastard, j/k

add in t-3 at week 12-19
    clen run 2 weeks on 2 off all cycle and pct

btw plan it so you're 2 weeks off at the time of you're contest so the water weight sheds

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    btw plan it so you're 2 weeks off at the time of you're contest so the water weight sheds
    lasix + letro. Could u imagine going on stage during pct???

4 week break in tren is un-called for
    19 week is long for my taste but if you are set on that length I'd change you're main compounds to
    1-19 test
    1-17 tren
    9-19 mast

I know you're stats well ya fat bastard, j/k

add in t-3 at week 12-19
    clen run 2 weeks on 2 off all cycle and pct
    kratos reread my post when ur sober lol....i think you may have missed that the shows are after 15, 16, 17.........so why would i wanna run clen after that? after that i'll be 3-4% bodyfat.

also trying to get the most out of the two weeks (18, 19) that i'll be rebounding from the shows. kinda why i wanted the tren there. if you put a longer break in the middle would it be acceptable? or I dunno maybe another compound that would be good for just those last two weeks to help me pack on as much muscle as my body will allow in that time

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55 View Post
    kratos reread my post when ur sober lol....i think you may have missed that the shows are after 15, 16, 17.........so why would i wanna run clen after that? after that i'll be 3-4% bodyfat.

also trying to get the most out of the two weeks (18, 19) that i'll be rebounding from the shows. kinda why i wanted the tren there. if you put a longer break in the middle would it be acceptable? or I dunno maybe another compound that would be good for just those last two weeks to help me pack on as much muscle as my body will allow in that time
    3-4% bf?
    how are you going to get there when you're like 17% now?

my brain was soaking in it's usually friday bath of booz so I missed a few details.

I don't think you need any break, you can run the tren all the way through, esp at that low of a dose. I'm on 150 ed right now for the next 10 weeks.

coming to the end you could be on mast tren and test and once you're done with the shows maybe add d-bol cause you won't have to worry about bloat.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN View Post
    lasix + letro. Could u imagine going on stage during pct???
    I don't go on stage so that might be bad advise. I know I look better after I come off though no matter how much time I spend sweating durring cardio on cycle I still look more cut once off. I could see how for compitition it might be hard to get a decent pump going on stage though.

3-4% bf?
    how are you going to get there when you're like 17% now?

my brain was soaking in it's usually friday bath of booz so I missed a few details.

I don't think you need any break, you can run the tren all the way through, esp at that low of a dose. I'm on 150 ed right now for the next 10 weeks.

coming to the end you could be on mast tren and test and once you're done with the shows maybe add d-bol cause you won't have to worry about bloat.
    I'll have been cutting for 2 months before i even start this cycle

well you're like 235 if I remember correct, so that's like 40 pounds of fat on ya. and to be 3-4% it's gotta be down to about 7-8 pounds of fat. do you really think being 3-4% bf is a realistic goal in the time span of 7 months?

when it comes to clen I'm not into the benadryl theory, I think 2 weeks on 2 weeks off is a better way to use it. You could start 2 months before your cycle when you start cutting.

so, I'm going to change my advise now that I'm sober to
    test 1-19
    tren 1-19
    mast 8-19
    d-bol once done with last show until the end
    t-3 8 weeks prior to 1st show up until 1-2 weeks before ( I think it can leave you looking a little flat if you run it right up to your show)
    anyway something like that. It's a lot of crap but your doses aren't that high and it's not the first thing you've stuck in your ass lol.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    I am not sure what level shows you are planning on doing Ruhl but I talked about this yesterday with a guy doing his first show. On the local and state level shows there are very few guy's (if any) coming in at 3% bf. The lowest I have ever been able to get down to is mid 5's and I am usually leaner than most guys I go against and have never placed out of the top 5.
    3% is absolutely peeled, striations on cross striations everywhere.

well you're like 235 if I remember correct, so that's like 40 pounds of fat on ya. and to be 3-4% it's gotta be down to about 7-8 pounds of fat. do you really think being 3-4% bf is a realistic goal in the time span of 7 months?
    yes, that's less than 5 pounds a month....oh wait...it's not 7 months tho, it's a bit over 6...first show is july 11 and i start cutting the first (of feb)....so about 5.23 pounds of fat a month......easy
    Last edited by RuhlFreak55; 01-24-2009 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy1 View Post
    I am not sure what level shows you are planning on doing Ruhl but I talked about this yesterday with a guy doing his first show. On the local and state level shows there are very few guy's (if any) coming in at 3% bf. The lowest I have ever been able to get down to is mid 5's and I am usually leaner than most guys I go against and have never placed out of the top 5.
    that makes me feel a little better....whatever i can attain in this time period that will be competitive i'll be good with. I would like to win tho

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Yes this is absolutely true. No one truly understands how low that percent is. Your at a ELITE level when you get down there, reserved for the few that come in to the pro comps shredded or top national level folks Most that throw around the numbers have not probably done a cut in there lives. I'm cutting right now and trying to get around 7-8% before I start to bulk again

Ruhl you truly have not yet grasp the task you are about to embark. At 17% bf you need to start dropping NOW. I know you have heard of Lee Priest going that high but many don't understand how he was able to do that and come into contest shape. Don't set your goals too high bud or be delusional and think just cause this guy can do it so can I. Like I said earlier you need to start dropping now, cycle your carbs, add extra cardio or something in order to still be able to gain muscle and drop fat.

yes, that's less than 5 pounds a month....oh wait...it's not 7 months tho, it's a bit over 6...first show is july 11 and i start cutting the first (of feb)....so about 5.23 pounds of fat a month......easy
    we're talking pure fat, not weight. No, not easy. It's taken me the last year to get 5% bf off while staying the same weight. I suspect you may be able to get to 10-12% by the time of your show if you bust your ass.

I can't believe I just saw the word easy when he is talking about contest prep. Are you going to do your own diet Ruhl or have someone help you along the way???

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Now i also read clen plus a diuretic are definite no nos and can cause a problem, so i want to be off the clen a couple weeks before the first show.

I always run clen up to and on the day of the show. Clen helps me dry out a little, and I have not heard nor seen any problem with diuretics while on clen on show day.

masteron doesn't have much purpose other than to help dry out a bit

masteron will give you a hard dense look and can help with vascularity. I run it the entire contest prep 100mg Ed

Your questions in bold

jesus christ....i don't need the negativity reed and kratos...lets keep this on my cycle, i'll worry about dropping fat

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    I can't believe I just saw the word easy when he is talking about contest prep. Are you going to do your own diet Ruhl or have someone help you along the way???
    barring some sort of miracle of me getting a job i'm doing it...don't have any money to pay anyone

Phate is offline Got Diet? ~VET~ AR Hall of Famer~
    barring some sort of miracle of me getting a job i'm doing it...don't have any money to pay anyone
    good luck bro, i don't think 3% is possible in your time frame but all the best luck

btw, clen is good up to around 160-180mcg, don't go over that as the dose vs. rewards drops off

on another note, i think you should cut out some of your cycle and get some diet help

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    good luck bro, i don't think 3% is possible in your time frame but all the best luck

btw, clen is good up to around 160-180mcg, don't go over that as the dose vs. rewards drops off

on another note, i think you should cut out some of your cycle and get some diet help
    i know how to do diet

Any chance you can post some pics so we can see what you are working with?

i know how to do diet
    i don't mean the actually diet, i mean the dieting starting 3-4 weeks out from contest, the make or break part, like salt manipulation and making sure you don't go flat, all the AS in the world won't help you if you go flat the day before contest

rager is offline Member
    Good luck with your show !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phate View Post
    i don't mean the actually diet, i mean the dieting starting 3-4 weeks out from contest, the make or break part, like salt manipulation and making sure you don't go flat, all the AS in the world won't help you if you go flat the day before contest
    Been researching it all weekend......maybe the last weeks i could afford someone but not till then

Any chance you can post some pics so we can see what you are working with?
    i second this, creating a log would probably help you alot as well

you guys should know i wont put pics up under a username where i admit to using gear by now, that's why I did alot of this on bb.com last year....no one would let up on that

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    you guys should know i wont put pics up under a username where i admit to using gear by now, that's why I did alot of this on bb.com last year....no one would let up on that

how will we be able to criticize you then? I have a good diet tip if you pm me. BEST OF LUCK IN ALL YOUR FUTURE ENDEAVORS.

so no one wants to give cycle advice? only critisize my bf level and diet? This isn't my contest diet thread, it's my contest cycle thread.

Sorry Ruhl if you thought I was being negative I wasn't trying to be...

But the cycle could use some work. This is all my opinion and I am no expert but... I disagree with starting the masteron so early... No reason to run the masteron IMO until you get down to a lower bf%. 7-8% is when you should add in the masteron to make the hardening effect more beneficial. More drugs does not mean better from the start. You could/should add in an AI like a-dex. Also you can use that var or I'd go with winny the last 5-6 weeks

With 15 weeks:

wk 1-15: Prop 100mg ed
    wk 4-15: Tren A: 75mgs ed
    wk 11-15: Masteron 50-100mg ed
    wk 10-15: Winny 60-100mg ed

And add in the adex if needed, with of course your t3/clen combo. Now remember you can get you some keto in order to stay on the clen for an extended period of time.... Just for your fyi

Just my .02 cents probably not that great but it is what it is

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    It does take time for masteron to work. You might not see the results immediately but when you finally get peeled you will. I run masteron at 100mg ED from 10 weeks out. This is based on starting cycle weight of 240, competition weight of 210 or so. Masteron is run along with 100mg Prop ED. My next cutting cycle (starts in 2 weeks) I will add 50mg Tren A ED. That's more then enough compounds to retain muscle, add vascularity and hardness.

Start your adex 6 weeks out from your contest, or earlier if you are gyno prone.
    Last edited by Bossman; 01-25-2009 at 05:16 PM.

mxer_kx is offline Junior Member
    You should think of adding halo one to two weeks out

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    subscribing

Bump for updates.

Thread Information