Thread: A-rod busted

ClubberLangsUncle is offline Junior Member

A-rod busted

looks like he tested positive for Primobolan and testosterone in his MVP season of 2003. That just goes to show, when someone is that good,, ie,, Bonds, Arod, Mcgwire, Sosa. They are cheatin like crazy.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    this is like the 3rd thread started on this...

and your logic is kinda wack: talent always=cheating.

Brown Ninja is offline Anabolic Member
    A-rod and bonds are real baseball players not products of juice. Sosa and mcgwire are juice monkeys that would have been shit without the steroids . It is sad for the sport though. Is there anyone clean out there?

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    honestly i have a different view, and i don't even do steroids

I played baseball, even for two years coached a 16 year old team.. and steroids really would not help to the level people are making it out to be. Yes i do believe steroids will help a pro be better.. but baseball has so much to do with rules, timing angles and studying, i'm sorry steroids are not going to make you great.

every player named in the steroid cases would have been all-stars without juice. even barry was a golden glove before he started getting bigger.

Also baseball has become a different sport over the past 15 years. it use to be if you struck out 100 times a year you would be cut.. now owners don't care if you strike out that much as long as you can promise them 40+ homeruns. so part of bonds great hitting streak was the pure fact SF only wanted him to hit home runs. because it filled the park. It was proven that they made more money off a home game that bonds was projected to hit homeruns and lost than a game they were projected to win, but had good pitching...

Ya they juiced, but baseball is not a power sport nor is it something that any bodybuildier or muscle guy can do.. there is too much pure talent in it.

juice helped pad their numbers. and probably gave them an extra year or two but was not the reason they were great.

^^^^Great points. The fact of the matter is that hitting is 90% hand eye cordination. Just becasue you can bench the weight room does not mean that you can step in and crush a slider or a splitter. Hell I know that I am stronger than A-rod and I would be willing to bet I couldn't even make contact with a pitch at that level.

The pitchers are a different story. I think the added velocity and stamina play a huge role

J-41-sd is offline Associate Member
    Mcgwire hit 49 hr in his rookie year as a very thin guy, I agree he juiced later but so did everyone else. How many pitchers had an extra 3-5 mph on their fastball and didn't tire out in the 6th but rather the 8th. If you could make an extra 30-50 million over a career doing a few cycles you'd do it too. There were supposedly over 100 players to test positive, and results were to never be released.

BTM0085 is offline Associate Member
    A-Rod should be fuming at the Union...Werent the tests supposed to be anonymous tests from 6 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Ninja View Post
    ^^^^Great points. The fact of the matter is that hitting is 90% hand eye cordination. Just becasue you can bench the weight room does not mean that you can step in and crush a slider or a splitter. Hell I know that I am stronger than A-rod and I would be willing to bet I couldn't even make contact with a pitch at that level.
    I agree, but it ifs not an advantage, they why even take the risk of gettin caught and tarnish your reputation. There must be something more to it. I did hear somthing once about how it can help your depth perception and quicken the reflex.

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    apparently he is gonna fess up to all of it. good for him i think this is the best way to handle it!

quarry206 is offline Senior Member
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/...iguez_steroids

article about his confession

i'm glad he was honest.. but i still believe it didn't make a major difference, his numbers before then, during that time, and even know are the same (within an avg). so i believe he him when he says it was just preasure

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Good for him, I would have been pi$$ed had he played the "tainted supplement" card or gone Palmeiro and said he a fellow player gave him an injection that he thought was B-12.

He thought it was Xenadrine

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Steroids saved baseball after the strike.

Quote Originally Posted by number twelve View Post
    apparently he is gonna fess up to all of it. good for him i think this is the best way to handle it!
    To bad he had to get caught to admit it, and he still looked like he was hidding something in his interview.

Are you suggesting he should have came clean on his own accord?

Thread Information