Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member

Arsenal vs Barcelona Champions League 16/02/11, anyone watching it?

As a MASSIVE Arsenal supporter I am there. My housemate is a big Barca fan so there's been some nice healthy banter so far between us.

With talks of Nasri possibly fit, and RVP, Fabs, Walcott and Wilshere firing on all cyclindars, I truly believe we have what it takes to beat the best team in the world! We're not the team that played them last season, and despite our disasterous game against Newcastle, we've had some impressive wins this season, Chelsea and Wolves to name a couple.

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    I just hope it doesn't act like their last meeting in the CL. I think Barca are favorites in this one and I think chances are that they will win the CL (Despite so many saying Real Madrid will wipe the floor with their opponents prior to the start of the season). I think that Barca have a perfect team, everything from defense to their attack. But if Arsenal can hopefully stop Xavi (Because in my opinion he is the brain of the team) I see a good chance for Arsenal.

With the likes of Nasri, Wilshere, Van Persie, Arshavin and others, Arsenal can beat any team in the world but Wenger will have his hands full in this one and he has to come up with something extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Public Enemy View Post
    I just hope it doesn't act like their last meeting in the CL. I think Barca are favorites in this one and I think chances are that they will win the CL (Despite so many saying Real Madrid will wipe the floor with their opponents prior to the start of the season). I think that Barca have a perfect team, everything from defense to their attack. But if Arsenal can hopefully stop Xavi (Because in my opinion he is the brain of the team) I see a good chance for Arsenal.

With the likes of Nasri, Wilshere, Van Persie, Arshavin and others, Arsenal can beat any team in the world but Wenger will have his hands full in this one and he has to come up with something extraordinary.
    We have to get a win at the Emirates, just HAVE to get a win. Cmon you Gooooooonerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!!

Arsenal should look to get at least a two goal advantage at home. A one goal advantage would not do Arsenal much justice. I am a AC Milan supporter but after Milan I hope Arsenal wins it all. Watching Arsenal play is so damn entertaining. Love their football.

boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Aresenal all the way!!! <3

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Honestly?

You're going to get mullered

Mullered???

IN YOUR FVCKING FACE!!!

Arsenal 2 Barcelona 1!!!

What a game, WHAT A GAME! Best match ive watched in a looooong time! Two best playing teams in the world and Arsenal came out the winners!!!

Now we've been beaten Barcelona, the team everyone seems to think cant be beaten!!!

Wow I have to say that early on Barca really controlled the game for the majority of the 1st half. But then Arsenal just turned it on in the second. I think Nasri was fantastic, Wilshere was also really good and really took the spotlight of a heavyweight like Iniesta. Also what about that Koscielny! He was sensational.

Despite conceding a goal, Arsenal is not to be written off since in Camp Nou, Barca will be without Pique who is by far their best defender. Wenger should go for a goal in Camp Nou.

Wenger has already stated that he will attack Barca in the Nou Camp in 3 weeks time.

Nasri is going to be something sensational in a year or two, some are already calling him the next Zidane! Kos and Wilshere were amazing, I even think Cliche had a good match. Walcott had a cracking first half and was a nightmare for their defenders at the start. We started well, but Barcelona just took control after about 15 minutes. But that second half, we started strong, and finished strong. I have no idea how RVP scored from that angle, but it was inevitable he would score tonight.

Wenger has asked Arsenal fans to be patient and he was right. He has really transformed us back into a top team again, and he didn't need multi millions to do it.

Best Manager in the world, bar none.

Wenger and SAF are the two best coaches in England and amongst top in the world. Wenger did good to prepare for the future, Wilshere, Nasri, Fabregas, and Walcott are not even in their peak years and they are already key players for a giant like Arsenal. In the next 2 years, the world will see those guys grow into big football stars. I think Arsenal will without a doubt win the English titles in these upcoming 3 years.

In Camp Nou, Arsenal needs to keep their defensive line back more then they did last night. A team like Barcelona takes advantage of that.

I really have a feeling that Arsenal won't slip up, I have this feeling that Pique's absence will cost Barca more then people think. Their defense didn't look too world class in the Emirates, and without him, Arsenal will have its chances.

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    Very surprised Arsenal got the win, Barcelona will get them back at home. Messi won't miss those chances at home.

teddykgb29 is offline Associate Member
    More champions league action this week. I think Barcelona is great, but Arsenal got robbed today. Seriously one of the worst call I have ever seen. The refs killed this game.

Arsenal definitely got robbed, I can't see how the ref would make that call in the second half.

GoloLolo is offline Junior Member
    Yes Arsenal got robbed. But no shots on goal even in the first half with 11 men.

Thread Information