Thread: scalp acne

optionsdude is offline Member

scalp acne

Can anyone recommend a shampoo or something for scalp acne? I've never had a breakout like this on my scalp before and I wouldn't mind so much if my hair was thicker like it used to be

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    just how short is your hair? What type of products are you using on it? How often are you showering and soaping up?

I shower everyday usually 2x a day,after morning cardio before work and after work I lift and shower again at the gym. I use their soap and body wash there. hair not short buzz cut,long enough to put gel on it and comb it back. I'm thinking it might be a new hat that I got. I just noticed yesterday that it made my head itch a little. I'm gonna stop wearing it for a while and see what happens. I'm a cheap bastard so i always shower at the gym,use their water and their soap and towels.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by optionsdude View Post
    I shower everyday usually 2x a day,after morning cardio before work and after work I lift and shower again at the gym. I use their soap and body wash there. hair not short buzz cut,long enough to put gel on it and comb it back. I'm thinking it might be a new hat that I got. I just noticed yesterday that it made my head itch a little. I'm gonna stop wearing it for a while and see what happens. I'm a cheap bastard so i always shower at the gym,use their water and their soap and towels.

i would buy some neutrogena oil free acne wash in grape fruit that is exfoliating. Use this to get rid of all the dead skin cells on your scalp and on your face every 3 days. It sounds like you have over production of oil coupled with dead skin cells trapping in the oil thus creating acne , this stuff will greatly prevent that without overdrying your skin. Try to keep from scratching at your head as well since your fingers and whatever is under your fingernails gets transferred to your scalp and skin. Most of the time we think our hands are clean and they are really full of bacteria and other skin harming substances.

twitz is offline Female Member
    Nizoral Shampoo will help.

Thanks guys and gals

Thread Information