Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hellomycognomen

Thread: Subcuteanous cyst help

Blog Entries

Subcuteanous cyst help

Well it started as a small pimple and now I have a ~1cm subcu. cyst on my neck, shit sucks ass.

Its quite annoying and doc appt is 1month out.

Have any of you guys experienced similar cysts and have any at home remedies that could "shrink" it.

If it was in an accessible area I would of already cut it out but its in my neck so that's not really an option.

Ive tried warm compressions but they don't really seem to do much.

Anyways thanks for any advice.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    Not really a home remedy, but injected hydrocortisone sometimes helps those things, although the best thing (to prevent recurrence) is to remove it. If you have a relationship with a derm, you could see if they could squeeze you in quickly since it's just a shot, and even if it doesn't work, it would likely improve it until you see your other doc.

Home injecting these is tricky (I know someone who injects hers), as too much HC can cause an indentation (so basically a different brand of unattractive) - so it's best left to someone who has experience with this. Wish I had some home trick that would work for you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thisAngelBites View Post
    Not really a home remedy, but injected hydrocortisone sometimes helps those things, although the best thing (to prevent recurrence) is to remove it. If you have a relationship with a derm, you could see if they could squeeze you in quickly since it's just a shot, and even if it doesn't work, it would likely improve it until you see your other doc.

Home injecting these is tricky (I know someone who injects hers), as too much HC can cause an indentation (so basically a different brand of unattractive) - so it's best left to someone who has experience with this. Wish I had some home trick that would work for you.
    Thanks for the reply, do you think topical hydrocortisone cream would make any difference?

Yea my doc appt is in mid April and I think he is going to play it safe and refer me to dermatologist to cover himself, so probably more waiting around.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    It won't hurt to try it, but I doubt it will do much, I'm sorry to say. :-( Maybe call the doc and ask for the referral straight away instead having to wait to be referred?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Angel

-Cheers
    thisAngelBites likes this.

Thread Information