Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By NACH3

Thread: high frequency training program for first cycle

SaxonOak1993 is offline New Member

high frequency training program for first cycle

I'm in the process of planning out my first cycle, and wanted to to implement a training program to hit every muscle group three times a week. I have been working out for 7 years naturally, and have seen major progress from training small muscle groups, like arms with a three times per week frequency. My planned split is a 6 day cycle of Push/Pull workouts, with one rest day at the end of the week. I plan to hit quads on my push days and hamstrings on pull days so legs are receiving adequate volume. The program would look something like this:

Day 1: Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 2: Back/ Rear-delts, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings
    Day 3: Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 4: Back/ Rear-delts, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings
    Day 5: Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 6: Back/ Rear-delts, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings
    Day 7: Off

Does anyone here have experience with training like this? Do you believe it would cause burnout, even on cycle? All thought and critiques are welcome, just trying to create an intense program to pack on as much muscle as possible.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do a similar routine started about 4 months ago and have made some great gains sometimes I have to take a day off here or there just because Iam too sore too train..I do chest,shoulders,triceps on one day biceps,back on the next then legs than repeat its a ton of volume but seems to be working well..my joints take a beating though..

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    wow... i'd be concerned about joint damage and not really getting enough rest to grow as much as you can. i try to hit everything 2x/week on cycle and just over 1x/week off cycle and my joints still take it hard on this protocol (but i'm 53!).

anyways, if you do go this way, i'd appreciate a log so I (and others) can learn from your experience.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Muscles dont grow in the gym, they grow when they are resting.

You need to have awesome genetics to grow with this kind of program, as the intensity would have to be low...

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    You need about 48 hours of rest between bouts of exercise. With AAS, as long as you keep your programs to 12-15 weeks, the risk of overtraining is much lower. But you have to be smart with you rest phases.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    If your making progress who are we to tell you different but personally that program is over kill and there isn't a chance you can train each body part to its fullest to grow the biggest and thickest. More isn't better imho . I train one body part every 7 to 10 days and I train it to a stage were its got no alternative but to grow bigger.
    almostgone likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SaxonOak1993 View Post
    I'm in the process of planning out my first cycle, and wanted to to implement a training program to hit every muscle group three times a week. I have been working out for 7 years naturally, and have seen major progress from training small muscle groups, like arms with a three times per week frequency. My planned split is a 6 day cycle of Push/Pull workouts, with one rest day at the end of the week. I plan to hit quads on my push days and hamstrings on pull days so legs are receiving adequate volume. The program would look something like this:

Day 1: Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 2: Back/ Rear-delts, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings
    Day 3: Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 4: Back/ Rear-delts, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings
    Day 5: Quads, Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
    Day 6: Back/ Rear-delts, Traps, Biceps, Hamstrings
    Day 7: Off

Does anyone here have experience with training like this? Do you believe it would cause burnout, even on cycle? All thought and critiques are welcome, just trying to create an intense program to pack on as much muscle as possible.

Check this place out...

**Marcus's HIT Dungeon**
    almostgone likes this.

SaxonOak1993 is offline New Member
    Thank you for the replies everyone, I have seen some huge success with training lagging muscle groups on a 3x per week frequency as a natural lifter, but of course that was on specialization programs, with the volume and frequency dialed way back for other major muscle groups. I will take the advice given and try to write a more moderate program. Cheers.

MusclePupNick is offline New Member
    Keep us updated with your results, SaxonOak! If it works, good for you! I myself have never trained with that much volume, but I'm interested to see your results over time with this program.

Thread Information