View Poll Results: What were you in High School and College?

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • High School and College Jock

58 30.69%
  • High School Jock and College Nerd

18 9.52%
  • High School Jock only

41 21.69%
  • High School and College Nerd

26 13.76%
  • Pro Athlete

2 1.06%
  • None of the above, I'm a dopehead

44 23.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jersey juice is offline Member
    In high school I was a drug dealer/user with a few bad habits. Once I got out of that damn crack school and got a real job I finally found myself. I played ball until I was 14 then discovered money. When I turned 18 I started lifting and here I am 6 years later, no vices except weed every now & then and some juice every few months.

manijak is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    I did not hate kids in school that were not jocks. As a matter of fact some of them were pretty cool once you got to know them. Fact is though that when you are a jock in school you spend so much time between class, practice, gym, etc... You only have time to really get to know your fellow jocks.
    Now the dopeheads. They were the ones I would stuff in the lockers.

I was stuffed....in the locker....

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    high school jock, college bartender/bouncer/nerd! sorry!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Jock/ party animal/ drunk

I played football, baseball, and threw shot-put and discuss. I hung out with the party crowed. I was known for drinkin alot . College was more of the same. Actually life was pretty much the same till I got married.

Cali is offline Female Member
    I was a jock, Homecoming Queen, and weekend partier so I kind of cover every angle here.

I went to a smaller school so I got along with everyone. Well, except the cheerleader who stripped naked and jumped on my boyfriend. I kind of went out of my way to harass her.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Cali
    I was a jock, Homecoming Queen, and weekend partier so I kind of cover every angle here.

I went to a smaller school so I got along with everyone. Well, except the cheerleader who stripped naked and jumped on my boyfriend. I kind of went out of my way to harass her.
    Oh what a B*tch, I don't blame ya Cali......What did ya do to her, fun stuff?

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Played football, baseball, and basketball till 10th grade, then just football, and football in college. Most of my friends where fellow jocks (both male and female) but that doesn 't mean that i was an ass to the "nerds". At a point you realize that people are people, and everyone has something to offer.

Originally posted by broncojosh
    Played football, baseball, and basketball till 10th grade, then just football, and football in college. Most of my friends where fellow jocks (both male and female) but that doesn 't mean that i was an ass to the "nerds". At a point you realize that people are people, and everyone has something to offer.
    Yep Bronco, it's called growing-up. Good to see most of the jocks on AR here have shown that they have done that.

Many of you guys don't know the hurt and loss of self-esteem that being treated thusly did to guys like me, thats why still to this day I am skeptical of friendship from someone that is a jock-type, because in the back of my mind I still think maybe their going to be pulling some trick on me.

Given It is offline Female Member
    Well, when i was in highschool, I started as a pot head, hardly ever going to class, partying every weekend, and then at the end of my HS years.. (which took me 2 years longer... dropped out for a year and a half) I smartened up my a$$ and did the work and got out. I was the gurl who knew everyone one, and hung out with mostly the "in crowd" but also wasn't in a catagory... My wardrobe consists of a few diff. styles, and I think i'll always keep it like that.. never know what i feel like from day to day(baggy, dressy, snazzy!, or just plain jeans and a tee)...
    Shake Ya A$$!!!!

cobra kid is offline Junior Member

still in highschool...

I'm definately not the jock. I used to try to be but realized that definately wasn't me. It took me long enough but I came to the conclusion that trying to fit in with the cool people just makes you more of a loser. I'm pretty much cool with everbody because I believe having as many friends as possible is a very good thing. I do screw with the kids that think they're better than everbody because people are people and if you don't like them, then don't asscociate with them. As far as anybody messing with me......it just doesn't happen! I'm the jock of my own sports.....riding, lifting, mma

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    grade 7 - 5'3 90 pounds!
    grade 8 - 5'5 105 pounds!
    grade 9 - 5'8 130 pounds!
    grade 10 - 5'11 145 pounds!
    grade 11 - 5'11 155 pounds!
    grade 12 - 5'11 168 pounds currently!

I love high school because I grew so much! well in my eyes anyway. In grade 7 I probably had a max bench of 80 lbs!!!

Im not a big sports guy on all the teams, but Im FAIRLY well known, and never picked on.

BIG_JDAWG is offline Associate Member
    i was pretty much a straight forward jock. i played football, basketball, and baseball. lifted weights all the time, all my friends were in the same sports, and yeah, i hate to say it, but i made fun of all the band kids (SORRY CANES!!) that was just the "norm" at my high school. there, either people liked me, or they hated me..lol then i always kinda got teased just because i was the quarterback of the football team. so i guess i got it from both sides!

Big J

Originally posted by BIG_JDAWG
    i was pretty much a straight forward jock. i played football, basketball, and baseball. lifted weights all the time, all my friends were in the same sports, and yeah, i hate to say it, but i made fun of all the band kids (SORRY CANES!!) that was just the "norm" at my high school. there, either people liked me, or they hated me..lol then i always kinda got teased just because i was the quarterback of the football team. so i guess i got it from both sides!

Big J
    Well I think you've grown up pretty good, and we can all be friends now. I've learned not to resent the Jock-Athletes so much now, especially if they treat me okay

Originally posted by 9natural9
    I'll throw my short story in...

I Have played organized football for 19 years, was an All-State runningback in Texas, I love to play football, I love the history, I love the challenge, I love the comradery, I love the game itself entirely...My mom and dad divorced my senior year, and I reacted by bypassing several football scholarships, one from SMU...and joined the USMC. I spent 4 years in and played for the All-Marine team while I served. I am currently making a comeback and attempting to walk-on a Div I school at the recommendation of my Marine corps coach...I always thought because I am white and a runningback that I was kinda looked down upon from coaches, but since my coach was black and told me that I had a gift, once again it goes to show me that I shouldn't doubt my abilities. All I know is football, and that is all I want to know.

As far as the non-athletic type, I have a very close friend who will I probaly will hire one day on my coaching staff (when I finish up with playing) who has the desire, passion, and love for the game but has been cut short the talent. He knows the game better than most.

I believe each of us can make an impact, so we should support everyone we come accross to accomplish whatever it is that drives them, whether it be sports, computers, band, ect...
    You sound like a really cool brother, 9Natural9 ! If I haven't said welcome to the board before I am saying it now !

superbeast is offline Member
    I was the quiet jock in high school. Was a long jumper and high jumper in track. I was my county's player of the year two years in a row in basketball. I was really shy but people thought that I was just stuck up because I was so successful. Played 2 yrs in college. My desire to workout became bigger than my desire to play ball.

As a sophomore in high school, I was 160 lbs. I started working out and graduated at 195. I'm now 260. When I run into somebody from high school that I haven't seen in a while, they can't believe me.

shonuff is offline Associate Member
    i like that dopehead part i was a real pot head in highschool but i was also a jock, played football, wrestled, and ran track.every year from 10-12 grade. so u need to add that to da poll dopehead\jock

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I guess I was something like a jock in HS. Played f-ball, basket ball, swam, track. I wasn't an all american or anything but I held my own. In college I study cuz I have no choice (engineering major). Used to play some rugby and thinking about playing for USC (Gamecocks) next year once I get some more size. I think most of you would love rugby. Lot's of contact and awsome parties.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I was a party politician. Meaning I hung out with whoever was having the party, didn't matter, jocks, preps. I kind of got along with everyone. Played high school and some college baseball but wouldn't consider myself a jock. Got my mom to write notes so I could hook early class and go get an all u can eat breakfast with friends.

Oh and loved chess and computer club! HA!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    i was a huge tool until junior year of HS. I dont even know what to say now. Im the kid that always stands out at a party, for one reason or another. everyone knows me at my college even if i dont know them ussually. and people think im a nutcase even though im really a helluva nice guy.

David B. is offline Member
    Band geek and closet doper in HS, doper in college. That was in the 1970s. Haven't touched the stuff in 20 years, even though I work with rock musicians every day.

--dnb

SuperFlex is offline New Member
    High school:

Year's 7 - half way through 11. - Normal, bit clever and a bit funny.
    Last half of year 11. - Stoner.

College. - Started lifting at start of college, no more Ganj, or drink! Quite the clever boy now, most people like me though.

Half way through my first year at college (just turned 17) still liftin' and eatin' hard. Haven't drunk since new Years, except for 1 can at a gathering at someone's house.

roch is offline Member
    man I was messed up in high school. I was the jock that wasn't very good. I rode the bench all 4 years and played a total of maybe 10 minutes. I was friends with everyone but I wouldn't say I was popular. I was an asshole that was for sure. I have grown up and realized that my moodiness and anger I had was caused by being picked on when younger (elementary and junior high) but for some reason when I moved to my new high school i was more accepted by some popular kids who treated me good. so for those of you jocks on here still in high school, you can make a difference in someone's growth as a man or a woman by just being there friend. i went from the loner to a guy who can't stand bing alone.

now if I could just look cool again, I'd be perfect!!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I was a little bit of everything...guess I still am.

Hung out with all guys, mostly wrestlers in highschool, graduated at 165# and about 18% so i was considered a jock by the teachers but my GPA was a 3.87 with an absentee rate of 3 days a week. High School was just a place for me to play softball, learn some shit and not be messed with. College was different, full time bartender, three too many classes every quarter and sports. I was so busy working and studying that I didn't pick up a ball for 3 years....now...i'm catching up!

Just hooked up with my high school classmates last summer ( 5 year thing)...my nametag said "one of the guys" that's what i'm remembered for....guess i can't complain with that

Heddie is offline Female Member
    I played HS and College volleyball and now play recreationally in a few leagues. My husband, Doc M, played baseball and soccer in HS and went to Florida State on a full baseball ride. He then lost his mind and dropped out to run off and joing the Marine Corps!! It paid off in the end, but he is really lucky!!

Oh, and we were both the undercover nerd types. Good grades but never let on to it. It would have tarnished the "Dumb Jock" image that people work so hard for!! lol!!!

Heddie

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i played baketball and ran track both in HS and in college

i never drank in HS or did any drug because i was worried about it effectingmy game and my times. in college i drank alot for the first two years.it wasn'tuntil after college that i started the whole bunge drug thing. i wasalways the jock guy. i was a totally smart ass in both hs and college. i had the quick comeback or the answer for everyone. ijust enjoyed toying w/ people.all in all, i guess i waskindof a jerk who would just bang a girl and ditch her andi thought i was better than evryone else.one day i woke up and realized it's not cool to treat people like that.anyway, that's my formative years...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Played football in high school (Brett Farves' father was our coach) and college but never considered myself much of a jock. Never was looked down on by peers but then again my size might have helped in that area. Not a bully just quite, no one messes with the quite ones.

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Hmmm

HS...I was a track JOCK..Its weird but in my HS the track guys banged all the chearleaders and the Football players got our leftovers. It was weird that way!

College I was a DOPEHEAD/JOCK sorta thing!

L8

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    i was a male slut... 100% playa

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member

jock

I'm in Australia, so we dont have the complicated status system of jock, nerd.. whatever

But i was a jock, captain of every sports team, football, baseball, volleyball, etc etc we had a fairly small school but i was friends with everyone, sure we picked on some of the nerdy kids, but just verbal nothing ever physical, but i turned into a computer nerd after school.
    Too bad i stopped going to the gym aswell (biggest mistake of my life)

I am also suprised that most of the jock types on AR are actually decent people, i know a lot of my classmates were assholes to everyone, but being the biggest guy in the school i could tell em to shut it.

Power-BB is offline Associate Member
    I guess I was a pretty boy

Got best looking and best smile my senior year

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I was the guy who kicked sand in your face and stole your woman...and I would do it again!

nj juice is offline Member
    I was a jock in hs- football, wrestling, and baseball. Def a partier too, now that im college, i stopped playing sports- biggest mistake of my life, but i party just the same! j/k ive toned it down, specially for my cycle.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    Still in high school grade going into 11th played f-ball b-ball track last year gpa 3.95(damn math) not playing bball this year not enough time in weight room during winter months

My school is screwed beyond al recognision of a highschool. majority of people look down on jocks and we have way too many poser wannabe goths and punks (ie. wearing black, mohawks, finger nail polish, look at me cause i cant do anything but sit on my ass). Dont get me wrong my ex-best friend is now a punk he is cool though but too many followers of this genre and they bitch and moan about how they have been put down and abused by jocks and preps. They are so full of crap because it never happens. The only guys i get in and make fun of are the dumbasses who like to be smart* and are disrespectful to teachers and such Also my closest friends but that is all grabass. I used to be the little kid with glasses and no athletic skill in middleschool so i know what it is like. My freshman year i was mvp for frosh squad, played much jv, and suited for varsity. My sophmore year i started varsity at dfensive end, i did crap at beggining of year(175 lbs going against 220-240 lb men)but picked up at end and grew some balls to be the defensive mvp for the homecoming game which we won. 1 of 3 games we won on the year. lol I gained alot of respect for that when people saw my work ethic but the kids who dont do anything in my school respect me because im not an ass and give them the benefit of the doubt when they are around.

i dont party its a waste of time!!! Not very social every once in a while i will go do something not in the weight room or on the field. I will go with girlfriend or go see movie con mis amigos o jeugo el x-box. I dont really know football gives me a high unlike any girl/drug/activity can give

es mis 2 centavos

Executioner is offline Banned
    Still in high school.. i love to play chess and think, but fuck i just dont do schoolwork. I've won every chess tournament ive been too, im no bobby fischer or nothing, but its the only other thing i love. im close to dropping out... but my lifting has never been better... im 235 5' 8".. about 7-10% bf, 380 bp, 500+ squat 460+dl, best lift is skullcrushers 25 lb. ez curl bar with 2 35's and a 10 on each side for 3... don't play football but am bigger than all football players except fat dudes. I have a couple real close friends, but i could give a fuck less about most people. alcohol and me dont belong together, i've been in trouble with the law several times, all due to alcohol. Please younger people, if faced with a choice between marijuanna (absolutely magical in my eyes) and drinking, just chill and smoke. I relate from experience, but everyones different. Shit guys, didnt mean to give you my life story.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I admit it I was a jock but a dumb jock I wasnt elegible for sports sometimes and was still called one just because I weightlifted the only sport I did was wrestling

ItalianMuscle is offline Senior Member
    I played varsity football and basketball

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Man, I am in high-school. I am a nice guy, that is sort-of a jock I guess. I mean I know mainly more about workin out then anyone else does, and I am only a sophomore. I workout alot, cant do sports anymore though :-/ But I used to be a weak little bastard up until i turned 14 and started lifting. I have no fuckin sympathy for the assholes who picked on kids, thinking they were worthless--I was one of them. After the 12 years of hell I went through, figthing off people daily because i was fat an little an weak, i would NEVER put another kid down just because he was little or small, or fat or whatever. Because I was the same way, and no matter what happens I wont make fun of a lil dude, because he could end up gettin tired of everyones shit and start liftin an turn into a bad-ass. Fuck all the hatin bastards.

jman98z24 is offline Junior Member
    The first half of high school, I was a nerd that was always made fun of mostly because of my height(5'4"), but I was also pretty fat. Around the end of 10th I lost weight and went down to 125Lbs from 180lbs. When I did that, I was pretty puny, so I decided to start lifting. Within a year I was up to 150Lbs at 8% bf. After that I started to earn a lot more respect because for my height I looked pretty ripped. When I began college I began to hit lifting a lot harder and I have been gaining muscle at a rate of about 10lbs a year. Right now I am at about 160-165lbs 10% bf. I still have people comment about my height, but they don't try to fuck with me because I am muscular. I am still not quite a jock, but I go to a geek school, so that would be difficultl. I am just looking forward to winter so I can start bulking, and I might enter a few lifting competitions this year if everything goes as planned.

jersey juice is offline Member
    In high school (never went to college) I sold & used drugs... hardcore drugs. Then got myself sober after I went to 2 funerals.... that was 6 years ago

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    In high school i was an all state swimmer.. won the presidents award for academic excellence.. so jock/nerd. I graduated at 135 lbs, and didn't swim in college because i figured it was more important to prepare for a career. I started lifting, and it's my junior year now. I'm up to 160 lbs. I still wouldn't call myself a jock though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information