Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 147mph

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    i hear that the bugatti veyron is supposedly the fastest car. well thats what they claim. its w-16, 1001 bhptop speed 255mph, 0-60mph 3.2 sec, 0-100mph 6.5 sec. if it can actually do it then thats insane!
    aw yes the w-16... a relative of the VR6, W-8, and W-12 from VW . Im sure jcstomper knows that history

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    aside from the viper and gt90, i dont really car for american cars. sorry guys
    Are you referring to the 720 hp GT90 of 1995?

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    aw yes the w-16... a relative of the VR6, W-8, and W-12 from VW . Im sure jcstomper knows that history
    yes your right, i remember seeing that motor at vw school way back in the day when i was a tech, it confused the hell out of me and i prayed id never have to set the **** timing on it lol any of the W engines are just engineering marvels

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    yes your right, i remember seeing that motor at vw school way back in the day when i was a tech, it confused the hell out of me and i prayed id never have to set the **** timing on it lol any of the W engines are just engineering marvels
    yea the only part that makes me crazy is the head configuration! timing, valve and cam system

Where did you go to school?

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Where did you go to school?
    where didnt i go to school lol. i went to a tech school for automotive technology when i was younger, then i worked at a porsche,audi, VW dealership and was sent to audi and VW school. i didnt work on the porcshes so i didnt need to go to that school. then after deciding not to work on cars, i went to computer school and got my MCP,MCSE, Net + certs for computers. and now here i am having my own contracting and real estate business's lol. lifes funny

That's a pile bro...
    I apprenticed for GM (garbage motors) when i was younger....(i'm 19)
    I've just finished my 1st year in Mech. Engineering - Autom. Design.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    That's a pile bro...
    I apprenticed for GM (garbage motors) when i was younger....(i'm 19)
    I've just finished my 1st year in Mech. Engineering - Autom. Design.
    good fro you bro, you could be the next pininfarinaor chip foose!

good fro you bro, you could be the next pininfarinaor chip foose!
    Thx alot bro...

I'd either like to do customs....like Foose, Boyd etc...

Work for Ford SVT...or w/e is around in the future...

Or...an aftermarket company such as Comp Cams, Edelbrock etc....
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 06-08-2004 at 09:39 PM.

Thx alot bro...

I'd either like to do customs....like Foose, Boyd etc...

Work for Ford SVT...or w/e it around in the future...

Or...an aftermarket company such as Comp Cams, Edelbrock etc....
    either way you can apprentice in one of em or start your own aftermarket company. personally the imports are where the money is. if i had a chance i would have wanted to start hamann, ac schnitzer or even brabus. i love euro cars!

either way you can apprentice in one of em or start your own aftermarket company. personally the imports are where the money is. if i had a chance i would have wanted to start hamann, ac schnitzer or even brabus. i love euro cars!
    Not really into the imports...but....I'll do what I have to to get my name out...

Not really into the imports...but....I'll do what I have to to get my name out...
    thats the spirit, you gotta make the most of what you are given! good luck

thats the spirit, you gotta make the most of what you are given! good luck
    Thx bro..
    What do you do?

i have a manufacturing/exporting company, started last year, we make wooden doors and panelling. we supply houses and hotels with doors.

i have a manufacturing/exporting company, started last year, we make wooden doors and panelling. we supply houses and hotels with doors.
    Oh that's cool..
    Mr. Spoon...the boss :P

Oh that's cool..
    Mr. Spoon...the boss :P
    yeah im the boss, im going back to school to take my masters in entrepreneurship im not qualified to run my own company how ironic. all i do is check out ar, eat and go to the gym.

yeah im the boss, im going back to school to take my masters in entrepreneurship im not qualified to run my own company how ironic. all i do is check out ar, eat and go to the gym.
    Ahhh...the HARD life...
    Nice to see you're not starving

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    He runs juice on pump? What is his CR?
    I would love to know myself! But always remember CR is just a calculation cylinder pressure is whats important. Forgot to mention the car is all steel besides the hood and full interior backseats stereo show car that runs hard as balls. I would post pics but its not my place to do so. Deffinatly a sweet ride look for it in the pump gas drags coverage in an upcoming hotrod magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by RageControl
    I would love to know myself! But always remember CR is just a calculation cylinder pressure is whats important. Forgot to mention the car is all steel besides the hood and full interior backseats stereo show car that runs hard as balls. I would post pics but its not my place to do so. Deffinatly a sweet ride look for it in the pump gas drags coverage in an upcoming hotrod magazine.
    Will do...
    I wonder what shape the comb. chambers are?
    Hmm....I love being on the Engineering side of this stuff now

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I screwed up. I meant the post to say "worlds Greatest sports car". I almost got a perferct all around score. Jcstomper is correct. Ruf actually has his own VIN #'s. and he is VERY conservative with his HP. The fastest all round car (blows the doors off the MClaren) is the Porsche Dauer 962 top speed (and yes it is street legal) 0-60 2.6, top speed 253, and quarter mile in a little over 7 seconds....truly an amazing car

dont sleep on any RUF car. they are porsches but they are their very one company. its not like someone buys a porsche and then has RUF tune it. thats not how they work. if you want a RUF car, you go to RUF and buy it from them, just like any other automaker. what they do is get empty shells from porsche and thats where the simularities stop. everything else is completly made in house by RUF. they do use the porsche motors but are completly reworked. they are listed as a actual auto maker, NOT A TUNER. thier cars are honestly no joke.
    http://www.ruf-automobile.de/

and as for top speed there's no way that 212 is fast enought to get that title. the old mccaren hits 232 mph and thats cause it runs out of gearing. they could change the gearing and it can go even further. but of coarse that car isnt legal in the USA. and then of coarse it isnt the fastest either, the vector is
    i love RUF, but this car absolutly SH-TS on any RUF

check this out: http://www.chem.ucla.edu/~na/mclaren.html
    The McLaren F1 is probably the most exotic of the exotics, and definitely one of the best looking. Contrary to popular belief, it does not have the top speed of the street legal production cars, sinc the Vector Avtech takes that honor at 249 MPH. However, with an incredible 0-60 time of just 3.4 seconds, it's definitely one of the fastest off the line. There are only a handful of these made each year, which is just as well, since with a price tag of $1,000,000 only a few people in the world can afford it. Currently there are only 7 in the U.S., and Ralph Lauren owns two of them, one of which he is selling. Anyone buyers? Another one is owned by a visitor name Justin and his father, who is an avid collector of exotics and classics, who I would love to becomes friends with! Can I have a ride? The most incredible stat about the McLaren F1 is that it accelerates from 0-150 mph in 12.8 seconds, or just slightly longer than the 911 takes to reach 100 mph! The F1 LM, or the Le Mans version, is the racing version of this fine automobile. According to a visitor name Chris, only 5 of these beauties were ever built, and all of them have already been bought, even with a price tag of well over $1M! The year F1 debuted it won every race it entered except for one (again, thanks to Chris for this info). The car is made of all carbon fibers and the door swing up and out, similar to the Lamborghini Countach. Definitely the crown jewel of any collection.

It does the 1/4 in a lil over 7?
    Hmm...sounds pretty umm...fast.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information