gorilla is offline Associate Member

2 questions i thought up of??

1. Concidering that you are NOT doing cardio after weight training...would it not be better to take a dextrose shake and sip on it mid-way through your workout and finish it by the end of your workout?? Rather than waiting till the end of your workout to replenish your glycogen levels, you could be keeping them on full blast the whole time????

2. about AM cardio.....would it be a bad idea to drink a small (1scoop whey) shake upon waking up before doing your cardio....would that still be concidered cardio "on an empty stomach??" i was thinking of mixing one scoop whey (22g pro) 1 tsp instant cuban espresso coffee, 1/2 cup water, and 1 pack splenda. before hitting the gym for AM cardio. would it still be as effective or should i just have the coffee and maybe some glutamine. Im trying my best NOT to burm of muscle but still maximize fat burning!!!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Regarding the first question, I don't think it matter's with the dextrose. But get a proper protein/carb/fat ratio into you within 30 minutes after your workout, unless it's cardio for fat lose. In which case don't eat ANYTHING for 60 minutes after the session.

Question number two.

If you find it difficult to 'get going' in the AM before breakfast, you can still train on an empty stomach, I'll deal with that later.
    If your hitting the cardio for weight lose don't ingest anything before your AM workout. You body must be totally depleted of energy reserves before your workout. Like I said if you can't do this in the morning, try it like this...Don't eat anything for 3 hours before you cardio and for 1 hour after, that includes drinks with sugar's or milk, ie tea or coffee. But you can take both black.
    Doing this you'll lose as much fat as doing cardio in the AM on an empty stomach, promise.

Regards

Bouncer

i think you misunderstood my ?? about the post workout drink. Im questioning why not take the drink with you to the gym and start sipping on it throughout your workout and finish it by the end of your workout???? I realize most people drink water at the gym like I do. But why not least drink half of your post workout shake during your workout??? I would just think that would be a bit better as far as keeping you glycogen levels more level.

just my thoughts......any ideas??

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Lots of people do that too, it's horses's for course's my good friend. I just drink water during my workout, but that's because it never occures to me to bring anything else.
    Sorry I don't have the definitive answer mate.

Bouncer

thanks for the reply though....ill bump for more thoughts!!!!!

Thread Information