symatech is offline Retired Moderator

CIA insider slams Bush antiterror policies

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/27/cia.book/index.html

yet another book blasting Bush's antiterror policies from somebody working for the gov.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    How can you take the Communist News Network seriously. Might as well support the poodle.

well, considering all they are doing is reporting a new book, I think we can agree that this book is real and not some cnn concoction. are you saying that cnn is making this up. Do you mean to tell me that because this was reported on cnn you dont think its real? i hope your world doesnt fall apart when it gets into paperback...

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Yes, no doubt from the same CIA that didnt see the collapse of the Soviet Union, the same one who told Bush that finding the WMD would be a "slam dunk"

I will agree with his contention that hell should have rained down on Afganistan by 6pm afternoon of 9/11 but we were so unprepared after Clinton gutted our services we were lucky we didnt shoot down air force 1 - I also agree we should have had a LOT of firings

Well cycelon, Im sure your aware that bush is downsizing the military more than clinton.

oh wait....he's only cutting their benefits while they are fighting his personal war. what a nice man. must take a lot of balls to send other people to fight and then cut their benefits and health care so you can make it look like your budgeting.
    Last edited by symatech; 06-27-2004 at 05:03 PM.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Yes, no doubt from the same CIA that didnt see the collapse of the Soviet Union, the same one who told Bush that finding the WMD would be a "slam dunk"

I will agree with his contention that hell should have rained down on Afganistan by 6pm afternoon of 9/11 but we were so unprepared after Clinton gutted our services we were lucky we didnt shoot down air force 1 - I also agree we should have had a LOT of firings
    Gutted the services? When they talk about clinton cutting inteligence funding, it was a 1% cut over 5 years, hardly "gutting".

All the evidence used to draw the connection between iraq and al-qaeda, and the reasons to go to war with iraq, was very weak evidence, and seriously misconstrued by the bush administration who were just looking for reasons to go to iraq (remember dick clarke?). I remember a few months ago, when the armed services cmte questioned george tenet, and were extremely upset, dems and repubs alike, to find out what the actual info really was.

I agree with the firings, alot of ppl that constantly talk about taking responsibility, just continued to pass the blame onto others. Condy Rice, Ashcroft, etc

Now, the real guessing is, how long before this CIA agent's name gets "leaked"? I believe the investigation to find who leaked joe wilson's wife is still underway. (Joe wilson was a former ambassador, his wife was retired CIA agent). Joe Wilson believes adamantly that the bush administration purposely leaked the info on his wife, as revenge on him. He seems like a really good guy, but this story seems out there even for me, but who knows maybe there is some truth behind it. The reason I bring this up, is if you remember when dick clarke came out with his book, the entire next week you saw bush send his 'attack dogs' the entire next week on every morning talk show attacking clarke's integrity, not even his arguements. What I'm wondering now is how they will attack this CIA agent, we'll see how much steam his book picks up.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    well, considering all they are doing is reporting a new book, I think we can agree that this book is real and not some cnn concoction. are you saying that cnn is making this up. Do you mean to tell me that because this was reported on cnn you dont think its real? i hope your world doesnt fall apart when it gets into paperback...
    No, alli am saying is that CNN is terrible for accurate news coverage. They are the bottom of my list for news to watch.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino58
    No, alli am saying is that CNN is terrible for accurate news coverage. They are the bottom of my list for news to watch.
    Not below Fox.

well its true that all news agencies are biased, but seriously, this isnt a report which can really be discredited since it is in writting in millions of stores across the nation. I dont mind people bashing CNN at all, it just seemed irrelevant and not thought out at all in a thread like this.

not trying to seem like a punk, just calling it as i see it.

EDIT: right on saboudian, FOX is the alltime low.

Thread Information