Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    @ watching......

Hollering tag won't happen, as this cage match is 1 on 1, no rules, no time limit.

~SC~
    well then leave the blinds open a bit so a peepin tom can get a lil view just make sure to keep your ass pointed in the opposite direction

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Oh, ok I see how it is...

@ watching......

Hollering tag won't happen, as this cage match is 1 on 1, no rules, no time limit.

~SC~
    I thought we were tight Bro...ok I will settle for watching

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    well then leave the blinds open a bit so a peepin tom can get a lil view just make sure to keep your ass pointed in the opposite direction
    U know you wanna look at my booty n sh*t..........

"Homogay".........LOL!!!!!! (Ask Elliot and LMO about that)

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I thought we were tight Bro...ok I will settle for watching
    Tight we are brutha!

~SC~

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear that you are back on track brotha. Stay strong.

One of my Favorite quotes:
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by PurePower
    Glad to hear that you are back on track brotha. Stay strong.

One of my Favorite quotes:
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Thanks bro! Yes, I completely believe that statement!

~SC~

decadbal is offline Banned
    good to see you overcame it bro, year is a short time when it comes to being yourself fully...

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    U know you wanna look at my booty n sh*t..........

"Homogay".........LOL!!!!!! (Ask Elliot and LMO about that)

~SC~

<<LMO>>

VIXI is offline Female Member
    Mass is a bum looker....hehe

Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    Mass is a bum looker....hehe
    You're a stunning looker.

~SC~

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    You're a stunning looker.

~SC~
    I think you need a cane....
    PIMP!

VIXI is offline Female Member
    THE SWOLE ZONE...Room is at full pimp capacity...window watchers are required to sign a waiver...cause this scene is not for the weak-hearted...so hold on to your seats and don't choke on your popcorn...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    I think you need a cane....
    PIMP!
    Nah, I like to walk w/a limp.

~SC~

~SC~
    Nice one...

Quote Originally Posted by VIXI
    THE SWOLE ZONE...Room is at full pimp capacity...window watchers are required to sign a waiver...cause this scene is not for the weak-hearted...so hold on to your seats and don't choke on your popcorn...
    LOL @ SwoleZone. Sounds like something at Universal Studios.

Or is that Sin City studios?

~SC~

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Ya know it!!!

~SC~
    Walking with a limp is straight up pimp walking Bro. Grrrrrrrrrrrr....licks Vixi

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    SC, how would you rate the outcome of your surgery with your expectations vs the surgeon's expectations? And have you regained 100% confidence in your knees yet?

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    SC, how would you rate the outcome of your surgery with your expectations vs the surgeon's expectations? And have you regained 100% confidence in your knees yet?
    The surgeon told me it would be about 6-8 months until I could run. Well, it's been a year, and I can't do that yet. The only left-over limitations I still suffer from are going down stairs (can't go fast and run down them like people do, jaunting down them), and I also can't sprint yet. Going up stairs, I can "kind of" push of each step to attempt to "hop" up to the next, but the scar tissue build up prohibits the tendon from floating freely, so it doesn't "kick in".

Hard to explain, sorry. He said it would be a year or more until I can jump, but to tell you the truth, I'm no where near being able to jump. I've been skimping on my Ultrasonic Massage therapy (even have one at HOME!) and I need to keep doing that DAILY if I am going to do any show in October/November.

So basically, I've done well for the type of injury, but I'm behind what he speculated............I suspect only because I'm a bodybuilder and not a regular Joe, and I have more expectations for recovery. Thanks for asking bro.
    By the end of 2K4, I should be about 100% if I follow through with my impeccable protocol. You really do have to approach it like a professional athlete wanting to get back out on the field, or else you come up short!

(This injury would take a football player out a full 2 seasons, to put it in perspective. We're talking both legs, your entire base)

~SC~
    Last edited by SwoleCat; 06-21-2004 at 12:10 PM.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Interesting to get such a detailed description of a major injury and rehab process. It puts all of those day-to-day minor injuries in perspective. Thanks SC.

Gearhead007 is offline Associate Member
    Swole,

Keep up the great work. You are true inspiration to an old guy like me. I've never been busted up too bad, but pushing 40, it hurts like hell every time I work out. I agree you just have to adopt the mindset to overcome.

One of my good bros was playing basketball and went up for a lay-up and dislocated his knee. It was so bad that he almost lost his knee and then he had some skin necrosis over his kneecap and they had to take a part of his calf to wrap around over his kneecap so they could graft skin onto it. He still walks with a limp. Another one of my bros was skiing and took a 30' cliff and landed on flat ice instead of the powder on all the other sides and severed his patellar tendon on the bottom of the patella. He was skiing bumps the next season. Good luck with that bro joint injuries are never a good time.

Like chica said...thanks for 'splaining what happened....definitely feel like a bitch now too ...i'll never bitch about a pulled muscle again

Quote Originally Posted by Micromonster
    One of my good bros was playing basketball and went up for a lay-up and dislocated his knee. It was so bad that he almost lost his knee and then he had some skin necrosis over his kneecap and they had to take a part of his calf to wrap around over his kneecap so they could graft skin onto it. He still walks with a limp. Another one of my bros was skiing and took a 30' cliff and landed on flat ice instead of the powder on all the other sides and severed his patellar tendon on the bottom of the patella. He was skiing bumps the next season. Good luck with that bro joint injuries are never a good time.
    Both of those events above are on par to what this is like. I'll have no limp (except when I wanna , see Pimp thread), but the gentleman who severed his patella is very similar, as mine did the same thing, rupture. His tore of the patella, whereas mine tore off the kneecaps.

Phucking ouch, okay? I've felt pain before, but this sh*t was code red 1000 as far as pain. So much so that all I could feel and "hear" was my inner body telling me "you can't walk, don't try........just wait for the ambulance". Then when I said phuck it, and tried to turn on my stomach to pull myself w/my hands across the gym floor, my legs would fold up uncontrollably to my ass. Talk about disabled..........man, I don't even wanna talk about it anymore, lol...........

Here's to the future!

~SC~

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Here's to the future!

~SC~

I'll drink to that (Well my water that is) hah

<<LMO>>

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    ****, this thread is making me wince in sympath pain.
    bit off subject, but i heard this story about a local rugby player who got tackled and dislocated his hip. When they popped it back in it somewhow took a bollock with it, they had to re-dislocate it to free the bollock. The sympathy ache i got whn i heard about that is pretty equal to your knee story. Hips and knees, the two things other then testicles that make me go ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! :spudnikhu

Yeah, hips would scare the sh*t outta me too. It's basically the same limiting wise as a knee would be, just a different area. Not good any way you slice it.

Next on the list are shoulder dis-locations, in which I've had 3 all on the same shoulder. No ill effects from that to this day, thank goodness. But, I laid low for a while to let that heal, then had aggressive recovery.

Rounding off my top five list of bb'ing injuries or just pure horrid ones, would be bicep ruptures as it rolls up the arm like a window shade, and the notorious pec tear, that makes you lose your chest before you are able to train it again.

Bye bye Superman on all those......

Warm up!

~SC~

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member
    I feel your pain man. I had surgery on my right ACL in March. My dumb ass thought that 4 years out of High School football that I could just do as I pleased on the field. **** we were only playing FLAG football! My advice is if you haven't wore cleats in a while don't just tie them on and go at it. I did that and when I went to cut left and planted my leg, the cleats caught "like they were supposed to", and the weakest link which is the ACL every time broke like a wore out rubber band. Moral of story, "Truck that bitch in front of you next time!"

Man you are a walking injury! Maybe you should take up a less stressful sport like darts or snooker

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Since this thread has evolved (devolved?) into a desciption of the worst injuries we've seen, mine goes to my freshman year - very first practice during spring camp. We were doing the standard testing and about 30 yards into the 40-yard sprint, the only guy on the team bigger than me completely snapped his achilles. It rolled right up the back of his leg. I've never heard anyone scream like that. YIKES!!

Swole, I bet you're getting tired of talking about this, but has your doctor made any assumptions as to why your injury happened? I mean since it happened to both knees simultaneously, I have to think that your tendons had something wrong with them. Was it genetic? Anything about your lifestyle? Any ideas?

Worst injury i have ever seen (no hijack intended, bad man just got me thinking) Was when i was 13 and saw my freind snap his foot off in a sports lesson. That was pretty gross. It was weird because for about 30 seconds there wasnt even any blood. Just a long bone with some skin hanging off and his foot hanging from the skin. We were asked to leave, i got changed, had lunch and while drinking my milk i nearly feinted

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Worst injury i have ever seen (no hijack intended, bad man just got me thinking) Was when i was 13 and saw my freind snap his foot off in a sports lesson. That was pretty gross. It was weird because for about 30 seconds there wasnt even any blood. Just a long bone with some skin hanging off and his foot hanging from the skin. We were asked to leave, i got changed, had lunch and while drinking my milk i nearly feinted
    Holy $hit. What kind of sport were you getting lesson in, sword fighting?

gymnastics, the kid fell from the top of some monkeybars and caught his foot on the gap between two mats that should have been pushed together.
    There was blood everywhere, he was screaming. What made it real freaky was he diddnt realise at first, must have been in shock because he tried to stand up, put his weight on the leg without a foot and the bone just slid on the polished wooden floor and he fell backwards. Then looked down at his missing foot and began to scream. everyone began to run, the teacher was aready missing, having gone to puke and i just stood there totally in shock.
    Whats really ****ed up is they just wiped the mats down, washed away the blood and made us do gym on them again a day or two later like nothing had happened!

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Swole, I bet you're getting tired of talking about this, but has your doctor made any assumptions as to why your injury happened? I mean since it happened to both knees simultaneously, I have to think that your tendons had something wrong with them. Was it genetic? Anything about your lifestyle? Any ideas?
    It was caused by severe tendonitis. Years and years of pounding the pavement and jumping and such. Then bodybuilding and the stresses on tendons that increasing muscle mass causes.

It was my time. A grounding experience (no pun intended) but I'm a much better man after all is said/done.

~SC~

Fame is offline Junior Member
    Thought i'd share another basketball 'freak injury'....a friend of mine was in highschool at the time, playing in 12th grade, varsity etc...there is about 7 seconds left in the half, the other team makes a basket, they inbound to him w/about 3 seconds left, under his defensive basket, he does the one arm football throw, literally, the length of the court...it goes in (it didnt determine the game or anything) and we were all like "oh ****" and he was just exited or whatever (cant dunk or anything) turns around, and jumps up to just kinda celbrate, and smack the NET (thats about as high as he could jump lol), smacks the net, comes down and calapses, we run over to him and try to help him up but he's like "my foooot!" so we are like, put your weight on the ohter leg..he tries, falls back down and screams again....Turns out, he broke ALL the bones in the top of the foot..i guess basically the bones that connect the toes to the foot/ankle itself (you know how sometimes u jump down from something and get the tinglies in your toes?)...so after many operations and having his toes basically fused, he can never run again, and has to use crutches (atleast after his last operation..number 6 i think, and had bone from somewher eelse fused i believe)....but he is in incredibly good spirit, and you can see how these injuries would depress someone, and i love and really respect someone like Swole who can keep their spirits high and come back and live a great full life....being able to train and workout is just a plus on top of that, but its great not to see someone just give up.

oh, and my worst sports injury..playing football (no pads), got pushed down from behind on the return, landed on my shoulder...fractured my colar bone (didnt know yet) and just had pain...so my friend said 'i'll make it better' took my harm, extended and started swinging it in a circle (to losen the muslce i assume) and snap, the fracture turns into a break, and im screaming w/ my colorbone broken
    Last edited by Fame; 06-22-2004 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fame
    Thought i'd share another basketball 'freak injury'....a friend of mine was in highschool at the time, playing in 12th grade, varsity etc...there is about 7 seconds left in the half, the other team makes a basket, they inbound to him w/about 3 seconds left, under his defensive basket, he does the one arm football throw, literally, the length of the court...it goes in (it didnt determine the game or anything) and we were all like "oh ****" and he was just exited or whatever (cant dunk or anything) turns around, and jumps up to just kinda celbrate, and smack the NET (thats about as high as he could jump lol), smacks the net, comes down and calapses, we run over to him and try to help him up but he's like "my foooot!" so we are like, put your weight on the ohter leg..he tries, falls back down and screams again....Turns out, he broke ALL the bones in the top of the foot..i guess basically the bones that connect the toes to the foot/ankle itself (you know how sometimes u jump down from something and get the tinglies in your toes?)...so after many operations and having his toes basically fused, he can never run again, and has to use crutches (atleast after his last operation..number 6 i think, and had bone from somewher eelse fused i believe)....but he is in incredibly good spirit, and you can see how these injuries would depress someone, and i love and really respect someone like Swole who can keep their spirits high and come back and live a great full life....being able to train and workout is just a plus on top of that, but its great not to see someone just give up.

oh, and my worst sports injury..playing football (no pads), got pushed down from behind on the return, landed on my shoulder...fractured my colar bone (didnt know yet) and just had pain...so my friend said 'i'll make it better' took my harm, extended and started swinging it in a circle (to losen the muslce i assume) and snap, the fracture turns into a break, and im screaming w/ my colorbone broken
    LOL great mate!

Fame is offline Junior Member
    yea i know right...then instead of taking me to the hospital/emergency room, they decide to drive me all the way home, hand me off to my mom to take me all the way to the hospital...those bastards!!! lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information