View Poll Results: When its all said and done will we win the war in Iraq?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Beyond the shadow of a doubt I say yes.

6 17.65%
  • No. Iraq is Veitnam 2.

12 35.29%
  • I am not sure either way..........

6 17.65%
  • This is a stupid question - The only way to lose is to lose our will and surrender.

10 29.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NIU ROTC
    I was gonna write more but my friend came over and rushed me and I said F-this, imma go to this other dudes house, have a beer, and watch bad santa. which by the way, sucked for the most part. It coulda/shoulda been waaay better.
    LOL..

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Lozgod

So, I want to clarify your position on the Iraq war- You are saying we should have never went into Iraq and just left the Hussein regime to continue on with the daily brutality..I kind of get the feeling you have the "If I close my eyes and ignore the boogie man, he will leave me alone" mentality..It unfortunately does not work that way.

We afforded Hussein way too much time over the years to properly hide most of the WMD he possessed during the late 80's and 90's..The guy is a lot of things but he is no dumby..He knew eventually we would come back into his country and look..He attempted to make us out to be the big terrible United states by attacking him..People that have this mentality just fuel that concept..Saddam is a horrific human being and should have been taken out of power years ago..We chose to let him be for reasons that most American's just don't accept..

I won't lie and say I don't have some mixed feelings on the Iraq war because I do..But I also believe that Bush did the right thing by calling Saddam's hand and putting more then just political pressure on him..People of his nature don't respond to anything but violence because generally that's all they know..I believe that there is a population of Iraqi's that do want a normal and civilized life..Unfortunatlely they have been unable to attain it on their own because of that regime..In order for us to protect our freedom's, we have to step outside of the box and do unconventional things..This war being one of them..

Will we win? I don't think it will be a win/lose situation, but attaining a goal over a period of time..As far as comparing the Vietnam war and this war, I really can't see any comparison..But, thank God I was not in the generation that had to endure the tragedy and loss that still follows the Vietnam war around to this day..

Doc

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M
    Lozgod

So, I want to clarify your position on the Iraq war- You are saying we should have never went into Iraq and just left the Hussein regime to continue on with the daily brutality..I kind of get the feeling you have the "If I close my eyes and ignore the boogie man, he will leave me alone" mentality..It unfortunately does not work that way.

Doc
    No I don't believe if we close our eyes he will go away. I think him, and his country wasn't any of our business. Bush is using the Humanitarian Card AFTER there were no weapons of mass destruction found. Saddam and Osama had been killing the people in Iraq and Afghanastan for years, it isn't new. Using the human rights issue is smoke, if it wasn't it would have been on his platform in the 2000 race for the presidency. We did need to go to Afghanastan, the rulers of the country attacked us on our soil. However there was NO justification for going in to Iraq. None. UN inspectrors found nothing, our army found nothing after invading, as far as weapons of mass destruction are concerned.

We are making a ******* effort and offering much help when insurgents attack the pipelines for oil. Not to mention all the contractors making millions over there. I'm sure they made their contributions to the republican party, no to mention Dick Cheney was the CEO of one of them up until recently.

I worked at a car dealership that was owned by a famous republican, I wish I could say his name but it could break my anonymity, however when Dick Cheney comes to our state he almost is immediately greeted by this guy. These guys all scratch each others backs with million dollar back scratchers I seen it plenty of times. There was a building in the city that was next door and it was the perfect location to expand. A city official convinced the city counsel to give the property to the dealership for whatever reason, however it was a kickback for a favor down the road I am sure. That has nothing to do directly with the war I know, but I am saying when its all said and done so many people involved with Bush/Cheney are gonna have paydays that are out of this world.

sigrabbit is offline Member
    If anyone thinks that the war is simply a product of Bush's desire to line his pockets, you are plainly ignoring the facts, and gobbling up the garbage spewed out by fanatics like Michael Moore. Just off the top of my head I can think of several legitimate reasons for removing Saddam:
    1) WMD, whether you want to believe he had access to them or not, intel made us all believe he did, and I believe he they are stashed somewhere;
    2) Security Council violations, including missles that travel beyond the limits placed on him after the Gulf War, and warheads containing chemicals, which we have found;
    3) Human rights violations;
    4) failure to abide by agreed to inspections, etc...

Simply put, Saddam did everything in his power to make everyone believe that he had WMD. Let's not forget the acts of war, like shooting at our fighter jets that patrolled the no fly zone.

To say that the Iraq war is about lining Bush's pockets is ludicrous. I would believe that is an act of revenge before I would believe the spew that comes out of the mouths of people like Michael Moore. If you think for one second that the "facts" from Michael Moore's movie are accurately portraited, you obviously are incapable of changing your mind on the issue, and further argument is simply a waste of time.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    ALL RIGHT LIBS WAKE THE F*CK UP! I hear an interview this mornong with Michael Moore and he said that the movie represented the facts as he saw them ie: his opinions. These were his own words, man I hate libs.

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    no weapons of mass destruction huh??

what the heII was the *perfume factory*?

there are ties between saddam and osama...if you choose not to believe that fine, stay in your hole and keep writing letters to the easter bunny.....

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    No I don't believe if we close our eyes he will go away. I think him, and his country wasn't any of our business. Bush is using the Humanitarian Card AFTER there were no weapons of mass destruction found. Saddam and Osama had been killing the people in Iraq and Afghanastan for years, it isn't new. Using the human rights issue is smoke, if it wasn't it would have been on his platform in the 2000 race for the presidency. We did need to go to Afghanastan, the rulers of the country attacked us on our soil. However there was NO justification for going in to Iraq. None. UN inspectrors found nothing, our army found nothing after invading, as far as weapons of mass destruction are concerned.

We are making a ******* effort and offering much help when insurgents attack the pipelines for oil. Not to mention all the contractors making millions over there. I'm sure they made their contributions to the republican party, no to mention Dick Cheney was the CEO of one of them up until recently.

I worked at a car dealership that was owned by a famous republican, I wish I could say his name but it could break my anonymity, however when Dick Cheney comes to our state he almost is immediately greeted by this guy. These guys all scratch each others backs with million dollar back scratchers I seen it plenty of times. There was a building in the city that was next door and it was the perfect location to expand. A city official convinced the city counsel to give the property to the dealership for whatever reason, however it was a kickback for a favor down the road I am sure. That has nothing to do directly with the war I know, but I am saying when its all said and done so many people involved with Bush/Cheney are gonna have paydays that are out of this world.

So what is your point about republicans helping the guys that support their election? You dont think Kerry has the same kind of "CAR DEALER" support?
    Why is everything always one sided to you?
    American oil and Middle East oil is not the same "PAYDAY" as you call it. I dont understand how you associate Bush with Middle East oil as if he owns it.
    How does Bush prosper from Middle East oil??? Do you think just because we go to war in Iraq that he starts to profit from it? If so, please explain why you think he would.

Go listen to Howard Stern some more so you can decide on when to take your next shlt. Cause clearly you can think for yourself unless someone says it to be true.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    what about the marine that was taken hostage too, another beheading on our hands, when will the US do something?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bermich
    Go listen to Howard Stern some more so you can decide on when to take your next shlt. Cause clearly you can think for yourself unless someone says it to be true.
    If you need Howard Stern to tell you how to think thats your problem not mine. Everything is my opinion of the matter based on the information I have come across. Thats why I am not on the same idea band wagon as most of America. So you go listen to Howard Stern. I don't need him to tell me how to think. I mean that is such an intellectual show. lol. Studdering John and Gary the Retard....lmao!!!!!!! Bro, get a better news source. I don't even listen to that ass. Sorry that not agreeing with your point of view makes me a non-independant thinker, I see you are all knowing and never wrong.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    If you need Howard Stern to tell you how to think thats your problem not mine. Everything is my opinion of the matter based on the information I have come across. Thats why I am not on the same idea band wagon as most of America. So you go listen to Howard Stern. I don't need him to tell me how to think. I mean that is such an intellectual show. lol. Studdering John and Gary the Retard....lmao!!!!!!! Bro, get a better news source. I don't even listen to that ass. Sorry that not agreeing with your point of view makes me a non-independant thinker, I see you are all knowing and never wrong.

I dont listen to the guy. Thanks for seeing that I am all knowing and never wrong. At least you have some intelligence to realize certain things.

I hope we attack Syria next. I hope Iraq is not the last stop on our road trip.
    I then hope we put some pressure on Saudi Arabia for being the assholes that they are. I hope we are able to put Wal marts up in all the sand infested deserts with American flags waving by the entrance signs.

The modern crusaders attack again. That would be a good Headline in the arab newspapers. If you have the power, use it. Why have the power and do jack**** with it?? Whats the point of having it? No one listens to the US anyway. Might as well do what we want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information