BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Do shop assistance do this in the USA?.

The minute you walk into the shop some stupid ass assistance comes straight over with the usual ''can I help you?''... I know its a trivial matter, but nothing runs me out of a shop quicker. Sure, make themselves be seen and approachable, but JEEZE this practice drives me nuts.

Anyone else?.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Well normally they should give you some time to actually walk in the store and see what they have. But most of these pricks are very impatient, maybe you should have slapped him or grabbed his face and thrown his ass

Today took the biscuit. I snapped at the stupid ass bitch, reminded myself of Micheal Douglas in that movie where he goes nuts, what was it?.

Breakdown?

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    It's just the same here. I don't know what you mean by shop assistant but any small clothing store or mall store is the same way. Bugs the **** out of me.

Probably, I was going to say falling down, lol..

I'm at war with the world today!.

Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    It's just the same here. I don't know what you mean by shop assistant but any small clothing store or mall store is the same way. Bugs the **** out of me.
    You know, the funny thing is I was looking at some expensive sun glasses $200++ and was just about to approach the fool when she trapped me, I nearly choked the cow. I left the store without buying the glass's and bought some plus a watch in another just because the lady there had a nice smile and left me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Probably, I was going to say falling down, lol..

I'm at war with the world today!.
    My bad youre right it is Falling Down

decadbal is offline Banned
    yea the constant badgering of you while your lookin is annoyin to me as well, i usually am like no thanks im lookin..

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    yea the constant badgering of you while your lookin is annoyin to me as well, i usually am like no thanks im lookin..

Im looking at YOUR avatar!, you selling her?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Same thing in a restaurant, you havent even sat down or looked at the menu and they ask "what would you like to order..."

miked512 is offline Associate Member
    Yeah, I've often debated just shooting the next one in the toe that does that to me.

"Can I help you? Oh, owww!!!"
    "Whatever's wrong with you!?!?!"
    "I was talking and my toe fell right off!!!"
    "Well, blimey then. Call 911, I'm going to continue looking around."

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    i can understand whats being said here and i hate those pesky bothersome commission sales types...

however

i tattoo therefore i am

and

i have sort the timewasters from the real customers as soon as they step thru the door.

i used to be nice

now i am a right bastard. and its so much better. nobody steps out of line, nobody wastes my time (ooh it rhymes)...

most of the folk that come in now are the ones who are right up for a tattoo. this extreme hatred of timewasters and gobshytes has evolved out of long experience. and if anyone else on here tattoos they will understand the energy saved is invaluable (it goes into doing the tattoos as it should).

i realise that this may seem harsh. but then its my customers that feed me etc.

i have a home sweet home style sign that says:

Here for a TATTOO?

If not **** OFF.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes they do that in the US! It is much worse here in Italy-those bastards follow you around the entire time! Even if you dismiss them with the "no, thanks, I am just looking"..the still follow like a pup, 4 steps behind you..it takes some getting rude to chase them off, but it is possible...but write of any sort of customer service after that-well italy has no concept of cutomer service anyway!

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    The minute you walk into the shop some stupid ass assistance comes straight over with the usual ''can I help you?''... I know its a trivial matter, but nothing runs me out of a shop quicker. Sure, make themselves be seen and approachable, but JEEZE this practice drives me nuts.

Anyone else?.
    Well in the UK retail stored are targeted at 100% customer contact, they do mystery shops to test the staff. One thing they have to do is approach the customer within 5 mins of entering the store, weather its to say hello, to chat about the weather or to help them with a purchase. Just basically to contact them and acknowledge their presence.

Acknowledging is one thing, pestering the bejesus out of someone is a totally different thing.

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Yes they do this everywhere in the USA.

I would not have a problem with them just saying ‘Hello’, or asking “How you are doing?”. I agree with Bouncer, I feel like I am being pushed to either buy something or get the hell out of the store, when they ask "Can I help you?"

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Yes they do that, and yes it makes me NUTS, as soon as you walk in the door, then when you politely tell them you're just looking they tend to hover around, which makes me feel like they think I'm a shop lifter or something..

They remind me of a Car salesman, who automaticly sums you up(or thinks he has) before you even open the door to your car, and instantly runs towards you like a DT on 3rd and goal!

On the flip side though I have been in other stores and NEEDED assistance and practically had to chase and tackle one to get them to answer a simple question!

And Oh my goodness, I have to go school shopping with my daughter very soon, and after the first 10 people do that number 11 unfortunately will pay as I will have lost all my composer by then and will just start looking at them and saying BACK OFF LADY! I hate to shop!!!

And heaven Help the first person to try and squirt me with those dadgum perfume samples!!!

Thread Information