mustang331 is offline Member

Argggg I Hate La Fitness!!!

Long story made short..

I signed up with them about a year ago, Then a few months after I signed my now ex g/f up with me. The manager messed with the system and added her as a family member..

Well I stopped going there about 4 months ago, and two months ago I changed credit card #'s Of course they kept trying to bill me, but couldn't. Now they have the main office in CA calling me. Tell me I am going to go into collection's. Its a month to month agreement, but your supposed to fill out some stupid form and mail it to them. I told them I canceled months ago, I went into my local LA FITNESS and told them. Well I guess I was supposed to send in a form.. Which I am doing today. I explained to the guy I have not even stepped foot into the place for months now. I am not going to pay the money..

Then he goes on to say I have to pay my ex's too, because she's on my family plan.. Well guess what! She is not part of my family..

Sorry just ranting, looks like I will be going to court over this!

Danielle is offline Female Member
    they do that at every gym, not just LA Fitness......if you change your credit card number without sending them a certified letter (it doesnt matter if you tell them or not) to cancel your membership they will always send it to collections..........and you be liable for the charges
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    La fitness? Is that a mexican gym of some sort?

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    La fitness? Is that a mexican gym of some sort?
    lmao!!!

and i had a similar situation, except i was the ex that was still on the account. i however, am being way more responsible than this girl deserves and am paying my portion of the account. we couldn't cancel 'cause it was like a 3yr contract. pain in my ass though...

shorty2big is offline Member
    going to court wont help you. If you signed your contract, your done. All corporate gyms are like that.
    S2B

mustang331 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty2big
    going to court wont help you. If you signed your contract, your done. All corporate gyms are like that.
    S2B

Already spoke a lawyer buddy of mine.. Seems Like I got an easy chance here..
    He has delt with many of these cases and they never let it get to court!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Yeah, I also go to La Fitness.... and they do require you to fill out a paper and give them 60 days notice before cancellation...seems bogus to me but what can you do?

Thread Information