View Poll Results: Are you an Alpha-Male?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES, I am and I love the responsibility

13 44.83%
  • YES, but I hate always having to be "Da Man"

4 13.79%
  • NO, but I wish I was

7 24.14%
  • NO WAY, I'd never want to always be on display

4 13.79%
  • I am married to an Alpha-Male

0 0%
  • I wish I was married to an Alpha-Male

1 3.45%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    anyone else with an opinion ? TNT I think you promised to take a look at this a while back

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    In the female world, I am probably whatever you would call our version of the alpha- I have a really close friend who calls me "a force of nature". I think there's a fine line sometimes between an alpha- and a jerk, but I have more respect for a man (or woman) who speaks his mind, stands his ground, takes charge and can still temper that with wisdom, patience, and class. I think that's absolutely sexy. You DID ask for a female opinion, didn't you?
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Canes4Ever is offline Banned
    Originally posted by Mrs. T
    In the female world, I am probably whatever you would call our version of the alpha- I have a really close friend who calls me "a force of nature". I think there's a fine line sometimes between an alpha- and a jerk, but I have more respect for a man (or woman) who speaks his mind, stands his ground, takes charge and can still temper that with wisdom, patience, and class. I think that's absolutely sexy. You DID ask for a female opinion, didn't you?
    Certainly my Lady :-) I think as there are alpha-males, there are also alpha-females too.

I'm still hoping TNT, Ajax or Androplex will come in with an opinion.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Hey Canes,

I decided to go ahead and take a look at the pole and vote. I feel that being a "take charge" type of guy is sometimes a weakness, well not necessarily a weakness, but I have a tendency to make people uncomfortable sometimes or hurt other people's feelings - so I have been told.

I have a tendency to speak my mind on projects, etc. without really considering the feelings of others, not to intentionally hurt anyone, but I hate getting off course of a goal. That means wasted time, and I don't have any patience for that. I have tried to not be the "in charge" person many times over the past few years, but eventually I lose patience if things aren't progressing in a way I feel they should/could. I hear all the time that people are "intimidated" to speak their side of things when they are around me, or that they are always worried if they said something wrong. This amazes me cause I'm really a nice guy and enjoy working with other people. But, I have no patience for stupidity or rudeness as I have said on here before. Sometimes I think my focus on finishing projects/goals dictates my behavior. So, I don't know if this is truly alpha-male or just being very goal oriented. My wife might tell you that I am an A-male (asshole male) lol, but she has learned to live with my impatience tendencies. If ever there is an emergency situation, I always seem level headed and in control. Many times people come to me when an emergency arrises for this reason. I do kind of get a rush out of these situations also and people seem to listen to what I tell them to do and they do it. I don't know why though.

Another thing that bothers me tremendously is laziness and lack of discipline. The people I admire the most are the type that are very disciplined. I try and self-discipline myself in every aspect of life. Sometimes having that personality conflicts with people that don't automatically feel the way I do. I don't ever require motivational speeches, pats on the back, etc. I am very money motivated, so pay me for my work, don't give me a trophy or plaque to hang on the wall.

So, with that being said, Canes I will let you decide if I am Alpha-male or not. Oh yeah, my wife takes very good care of me when I am at home, as my mom did when I was younger. My wife pays the bills, does the shopping, makes many of the decisions regarding our household. She comes to me for approval (sometimes) on certain things, but I pretty much let her control all of it.

peace,

ttgb

Mrs. T is offline Female Member
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I AM TTGB'S FEMALE SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only thing he said that isn't an exact description of me is the money motivation (maybe ... and of course I don't have a wife). Other than that, I could sign my name to his post. I don't know how to feel about this. I may need analysis.........................
    Last edited by Mrs. T; 05-15-2002 at 12:03 PM.
    Mrs. T
    "We can change the world when we change ourselves. And the energy of our consciousness, like the energy of all light, continues into the eternity. When there is light in the soul there will be beauty in the person. When there is beauty in the person there will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home there will order in the nation. When there is order in the nation there will be peace in the world."
    - Chinese Proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information