Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    whistler and blackcomb r def two of the best hills around!! i live a bout an hr and a half away its sweet!! if anyone gets a chance u gotta hit them up. the 2010 olympic's r going to be held there.

Bro u are one lucky MOFO!!! Its sooo friggin awsome there!! Id have to say my two favorite places are Whisler-Blackcomb and Telluride, CO.

OG

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    i know i love whistler! great hills and hot girls everywhrere! even in da summer its a nice place to go. i've never been to telluride.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    LIB TECHNOLOGIES!!! best board made, and made in USA. they are in washington state
    sorry mervin manufactuing make some sh-tty boards, hold the thing up to a bright light, you can see threw the **** things. they are junk

Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    yeah, theres wide boards where you can't turn as sharp as a nonwide board. flexable boards where you can get that extra pop to get on a rail or off a jump and stiff boards for newbs. also the faster boards are more expensive. thats why you always see newbs walking or pushing themselves with their hands on a catwalk...
    you got that backwards, stiffer boards actually pop better and are for better riders, soft boards dont twitch as much and are very forgiving so better suited for beginners. you have them completely backwards

That's not what i've heard for the past 5 years

You're theory makes a little bit of sense, but mine makes more...stiffer boards pop better? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    you got that backwards, stiffer boards actually pop better and are for better riders, soft boards dont twitch as much and are very forgiving so better suited for beginners. you have them completely backwards

SKiN is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by )(PimP JuicE)(
    That's not what i've heard for the past 5 years

You're theory makes a little bit of sense, but mine makes more...stiffer boards pop better? wtf?
    Hes right... you have to have a stiffer board to get any pop... Less stiff boards will just bend without popping back....

shicaca

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    yes, it is necessary that it is very stiff or it will bend and you will have a hard time staying up.......very sad, but it does tend to happen with a not so stiff board. i probably have the stiffest board around

Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    yes, it is necessary that it is very stiff or it will bend and you will have a hard time staying up.......very sad, but it does tend to happen with a not so stiff board. i probably have the stiffest board around
    99' salomon pro model 158 was the stiffest board ive ever ridden and i loved ever second of it. this thing would not bend over a inch putting the tip to the ground, holding the tip and putting your foot in the middle. this thing was soooo stiff it was unthinkable, i let some of my mediocre friends ride it and they hated it so much the couldnt curse anymore possilble. but this thing could hold a edge like no other, and could carve a lip of the kicker like crazy, it just responed to the smallest movement of your food or your heal. oh yeah i ride crazy ass forward lean. like so much it hurts your foot arch. the only thing this board sucked for was pipes, unless the transition was in the 30 foot radius range it was just too stiff. but for what i rode (very big jumps - at least 50 footers) it rode like a dream. i actually hated it when i first got it, but learned to ride better after a few times out. you gotta remember i rode more in one season then most of you have ridden in your life (about 150 days a year on snow)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information