needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member

Exclamation Anyone else ever feel like this

On a serious note.. I was getting my haircut.. And there was this kid in there maybe 12-13.. about 5 feet tall and prolly about 150 pounds.. really fat.. The poor guy just walked with his head down wouldn't look at anyone.. and as soon as he was done he took the car keys from his mom and ran outside to wait in the van.. His self esteem was so low.. I wish I could take him and everyone else like that to the gym.. We have it good; having the mental discipline to train and diet, but there's people out there who do not. I felt bad for this kid, and hope that one day he decides to change his life. and no I am not on clomid lol

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by needmorestrength
    On a serious note.. I was getting my haircut.. And there was this kid in there maybe 12-13.. about 5 feet tall and prolly about 150 pounds.. really fat.. The poor guy just walked with his head down wouldn't look at anyone.. and as soon as he was done he took the car keys from his mom and ran outside to wait in the van.. His self esteem was so low.. I wish I could take him and everyone else like that to the gym.. We have it good; having the mental discipline to train and diet, but there's people out there who do not. I felt bad for this kid, and hope that one day he decides to change his life. and no I am not on clomid lol
    the only fat people I feel sorry for are young people approx. 14 and under, mostly because they can't choose what their mother or father cooks them to eat for their meals and what food they keep in the house.
    Other people (adults) have no excuses IMO

Yea I agree.. that's why I felt sorry for him.. Goin through life and high school like that.. And his mother was Kinda milfy.. I don't get it

D-END is offline Anabolic Member
    Yea I agree.. that's why I felt sorry for him.. Goin through life and high school like that.. And his mother was Kinda milfy.. I don't get it
    my brother was 260 when he was 14. My mom is 5'7 115.
    she was feeding us crap for food and he didn't have the genetics to over come the unhealthy eating. When he was 18 he changed the way he was eating and last 70lbs.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Yea, that stuff can make me feel bad for a bit...partly because at that age, that's exactly how i looked. I felt bad about myself, but i wasn't to the point of looking at the ground all the time. But I can definitely feel for the kid...hopefully he'll do what i did and make a change in his life.

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I tried to help a friend of my brothers by bringing him to my Gym and putting him on very basic weight training with a dash of cardio. He came daily for about 2 weeks then fell off and won't come back.The poor guy is 29 6ft 1 and a little over 400lbs. You can't make anyone do what they don't want to.

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-END
    the only fat people I feel sorry for are young people approx. 14 and under, mostly because they can't choose what their mother or father cooks them to eat for their meals and what food they keep in the house.
    Other people (adults) have no excuses IMO
    i totally agree, i hate seeing over weight kids! theres nothing they can really do. fukin idiotic parents, they dont realize wut they r doin to there kids. by the time hes old enough to hit the gym and make his own decison wut to eat its too late.

solid-d is offline Member
    first off I helped my buddy for 6 weeks in my basement lifting weights.. He was all for it at age 25 and benching 115x2... Then the plan was he would get a gym membership and go with me at my gym... He fell right off, and the main reason was he didnt want to look funny/weak inside the gym... I dont really feel sorry for him...
    Then there are 2 fat brothers that I use to work with.. the older one was a freshman in HS and he played football.. Had a tough year but lifted all football season.. Well the next year(this year) he signed up for football then quit.. Now he gained about 15lbs.. Bring him to 225 at age 16... Now he younger but bigger brother is a freshman, and he is now playing football.. And lefting weights.. Now he likes it, I wanna go training with him and teach him some things, even though Im 10 years older.. Well What Im getting to is that some people I feel bad for, but as said before after age 15-18 I dont feel sorry for them anymore.. Age 13, yes...age 19, get off your fat ass

Well at least most have helped some people or tried to

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    This reminds me of this kid who i worked with, he was 12 and about 5' or so and was HUGE! I could not believe that his "parents" let him get like that. Poor kid couldn't run, climb the rock wall, nothing.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    Ive given up helping people. Its sad but i have

I used to try and help people down my gym, if i saw some new guys, or someone who looks like they need some help, i offer it. Not in a "im stronger than you woo hoo" type of way, but like i wanna help you know..?

Ive had too many people just throwing my advice back at me. Ive seen so many people down my gym, end up hurting themselves, or what ever coz they didnt take my advice, or something along them lines.

Ive given up on helping people, the fact of the matter is most of them dont want helping

PowerTheory is offline New Member
    That story just made me laugh and feel better about myself thankyou needsmore

tycin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerTheory
    i honestly dont think its funny to see poor little overweight kids! theres nothing funny about it imo, i feel sorry for kids that have to go thru that shlt.

SickNasty is offline Associate Member
    I was skinny, picked on constantly in middle school. I still don't like myself very much it carries over into the rest of your life. I know people value me very much now but it is always there the doubt in the back of my mind.

getnjacked is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerTheory

That's some warped thinking man.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I always feel bad when there's a fat kid in trouble in the movies. I dunno what the deal is.

workdude is offline Senior Member

I agree 100%

.45Caliber is offline Associate Member
    Ya, its sad, overweight kids.

decadbal is offline Banned
    me to bro, thats why i chose to become a Pt, i dont train ppl who look fine, i go with ppl who need it, who ned someone like me tellin them to workout hard..

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    me to bro, thats why i chose to become a Pt, i dont train ppl who look fine, i go with ppl who need it, who ned someone like me tellin them to workout hard..
    Awsome bro.. It makes you feel great to make a difference in someone's life..especially if you can help them to change their life for the better

jonnytour is offline Member
    I agree. I would feel terrible for the kid and I hope he makes the decision to change his habits as soon as he can. After a certain age though, I have no pitty for those who are overweight and lazy. Get up and do something about it. I don;t want to hear you complain about your bad knees!! Your knees are bad because you weigh so friggin much!! just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by tycin
    i honestly dont think its funny to see poor little overweight kids! theres nothing funny about it imo, i feel sorry for kids that have to go thru that shlt.
    Maybe he is young and fat and hearing that makes him feel better ???

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    I always feel bad when there's a fat kid in trouble in the movies. I dunno what the deal is.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You did all that you can. Stories like these are only sad IMO when the person in question has never tried to hit the gym, box, play ball or whatever. It's sad to see a kid whose parents never helped them develop in any real physical or mental way aside from basic supervision. Once the person is aware of their options, tried something and then declined to pursue it further......I say f*ck em, that's what separates the doers from the quitters.

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    I tried to help a friend of my brothers by bringing him to my Gym and putting him on very basic weight training with a dash of cardio. He came daily for about 2 weeks then fell off and won't come back.The poor guy is 29 6ft 1 and a little over 400lbs. You can't make anyone do what they don't want to.

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    I know three chicks like this. Two of actually trained with me. One only lasted one day. She called me Wednesday to tell me that she wants to loose some weight before New Years eve. Like that's gonna happen. I'll see her tomorrow at a toy drive. I'll lay down the law:
    You come to the gym when I'm there. I will not call you to remind you. She knows my schedule
    You run/jog/walk for 45-60 minutes after waking up and before breakfast every day.
    Put the beer down and grab some water.
    STOP EATING JUNK FOOD.
    She's like Betty Freaking Crocker. Always making brownies, cookies, and cakes. I hate going to her house because I always end up binging there. Tomorrow is also a car club christmas diner at her place. This has been a bad week too. A cheat week.
    Sad because I had just gotten down to 10.3%BF. Was going to get down to 7% then start a cycle, a bulker.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    We have it good
    I hope you realize that every one of us is some version of that little boy somewhere inside. It's called overcompensation and self-loathing and a fear of what we once were. This is just how we choose to deal with it.

Thread Information